Spoilers Legends of Tomorrow season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Oct 13, 2021.

1. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A WTF episode, for sure.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYo9D3sOW4o/

nickzano
    Real talk: my showrunner #PhilKlemmer shared with me the storyline of the last few eps of the season and I requested #JohnCena arms...
    Two weeks later I received an email for an appt to have my arms molded… 3 hours of molding and 3 weeks of fabrication later our effects team used #JohnCena actual arm measurements to create these gems for me… Lastly I would like to apologize to everyone on our cast and crew for constantly calling all their arms ‘chicken wings’…… #mastersfx

Well, apparently as buff as Cena anyway. :)

Commander Troi likes this.
  3. Caretaker

Caretaker Commodore Premium Member

The January 26 episode ("The Fixed Point") will feature
    the return of Matt Letscher as Eobard Thawne
    . More details can be found at TVLine.

Commander Troi and The Habs Fan like this.
  4. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

A fun episode from the villains perspective.

My new prediction is that one of the robot doppelgängers becomes part of the real crew by the end of the season. My money is on Zari.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why, because they already have two Zaris and you think they'd want to add one more? That would be a very Legends thing to do.

But Zari was the one who found out the truth and still chose to side with Evil Gideon. If anything, that makes her unlikely to be redeemable.

6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

I thought that was a really interesting twist myself. Lots of goofy humor to start, VERY dark at the end, then the funny "ad" to keep it from being too dark.

I have to assume 1) the actors had fun and 2) LOTS of cracking up!

7. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

John Cena, in his "Prime" was ridiculously "Jacked".

Android Zari that was created by Evil Gideon sided with "Evil Gideon".

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ all those damned jorts :lol:

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So, you're saying it was Legends?

Ovation, Greg Cox and Commander Troi like this.
  10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

That was a pretty good episode. Nate’s jacked arms just made me laugh every time he was on screen.

It’s obvious that eventually the evil Waverider will replace the Legends destroyed Waverider.

And I really dug the outfit Sara wore when she went to assassinate the scientist.

11. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're back!

LOL @ Spooner being naked for the entire episode.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  12. Christopher

I didn't enjoy this one, since I hate reality TV, so mimicking its tropes was just annoying to me. I'm sure it was satirizing them to an extent, but satire works best with a genre you know well, which I don't. I'm also not a fan of stories about characters having artificially generated or amplified conflicts, rather than ones that arise organically. Okay, presumably the intent was a "Naked Time" deal (hi, Spooner) where the outside influence just amplifies what conflicts and tensions the characters already have, but it didn't really come off that way -- it was more like DS9: "Dramatis Personae" where the characters have stock personality types superimposed on them so they aren't really expressing their true conflicts. I mean, why is Sara the ditzy vacation girl? Why is Gideon not merely cool and calculating, but actively malicious?

Also, if this is a Hell broadcast and they censored references to God and heaven, why did they also censor nudity? If the morals are inverted, you'd think they would've shown everything.

13. Nerys Myk

Gideon is playing the actively malicious trope. There's usually one who comes across that way, either for real or through editing.
    As for Spooner, show's on the CW not HBO, the nudity was gonna blur. in hell or not. Spooner was the "out there and unpredictable" contestant.

Ovation and Commander Troi like this.
  14. Christopher

Yes, I know, but that's exactly the problem. It's forcing Gideon to fit a stock trope of reality TV. It's not something that arises from Gideon's own personality. Why would she, specifically, adopt that role? How does it have anything to do with who she is as a person and what motivates her? They tried to connect it to her wanting to close off her emotions, but it doesn't logically follow from that, because malice is an emotion. She didn't just become cold and detached, she became actively cruel, and that has no connection to her. Tropes and gimmicks should be used to serve the characters. This was warping the characters to serve the gimmick.

15. Nerys Myk

Were any of the characters on point once the curse took over? Even totem Z felt compelled to act out of character after a few seconds in the curse.

Ovation, Commander Troi and Greg Cox like this.
  16. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Well that was amazing! Best part was censoring every reference to God and Christianity since it’s a broadcast in hell. They even managed to get in some good character work with Behrad.

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    Commander Troi and Greg Cox like this.
  18. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Commander Troi and Mr. Adventure like this.
  19. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

20. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Fixed Point" was a great episode. It was fun to see the bar with all the time travelers trying to change a fixed point in time. The concept that certain events are fixed is not unique, lots of other scifi properties have also dealt with that idea, but it was nice to see it done so well. And Legends put a nice twist on the idea when it is revealed that it is not Time that stops the time travelers from changing the event but
    it is Eobard Thawn who has taken the job of protecting this fixed point in time.

And a great ending as we head toward the Legends confronting the evil robots to try to retake the Wave Rider.