Spoilers Legends of Tomorrow season 7

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Davies "divine purpose" is to save his boyfriend, Thomas from dying.

added: or possibly his son Thomas

Commander Troi likes this.
  2. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hate to be cynical but it does seem that unless your name is Caity Lotz there comes a point where they're not prepared to keep increasing your salary every year and out the door you go.

3. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

The necklace Davies wears made me think of a Saint's medal. St. Thomas the Apostle is the "doubting Thomas", and therefore patron of doubters, and also listed as the patron saint of architects and builders. The English saint, St. Thomas More, is the patron saint of adopted children, lawyers, civil servants, politicians and difficult marriages.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why not both?

It might even still be legal in 1925.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

So we're finally out of 1925. I'm guessing Davies lied about the destination and went to the time he intended for his "sacred mission" to save whoever.

I liked it that Sara set aside trickery and force and chose to appeal to Davies as a human being, winning him over that way. Although I did think briefly before then that it might be interesting to have a more adversarial regular on the team.

I have trouble buying that Astra, Spooner, and Gideon couldn't get a ride. I mean, all they had to do was beat Claudette Colbert to the punch by nine years:

With Astra's legs, who needs a magic rock?

The visual effects reminded me far more of Bill & Ted's phone booth -- both the electricity dancing around the antennae on top and the vertical whoosh by which it moved (though it went up instead of down). Although I guess the interior design does have a vague TARDIS console room quality, aside from being smaller on the inside.

6. Commander Troi

I was thinking they needed to show some leg too, but all 3 were wearing slacks. :hugegrin:

Yes, Bill & Ted is in there too. I think they were inspired by various time machines.

7. Christopher

Yeah, a bit of the George Pal steampunk aesthetic too, I guess.

8. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whoa. Alt-Gideon goes all Hal 9000 on clone Time Mistress Eva.

Greg Cox and Commander Troi like this.
  9. Christopher

It's an interesting contrast between cold, ruthless factory-reset Gideon and cheerful, eager, affectionate human Gideon. I loved watching Amy Pemberton play Gideon just reacting to everyone else, watching and hanging onto them with such puppy-dog fascination. (Or maybe cat-owner fascination is more like it?)

I actually kind of like Bishop now. He really thought he was destined to do good and that the Legends were the villains, and he was so heartbroken to realize otherwise. I think they actually missed an opportunity, though. I thought that the moment when Bishop turned would be when Reset Gideon told him that the Legends' alteration to history had been saving thousands of lives at Chernobyl, and that he had to kill those thousands to restore the timeline. That should've been the moment when he truly recognized that he'd backed the wrong side.

The question is, how could a robot Bishop be intended to take the original's place in the timeline? I'd think it wouldn't be possible to clone a robot the way the original was cloned. Maybe he became flesh and blood again the first time he was cloned, but the programming remained?

I also have a problem with the idea of the Legends believing they were back in dinosaur times. Not only was the vegetation completely different back then, but squirrels didn't exist yet. I could buy Gary making that mistake, but Sara and Ava should've had enough time-travel experience to know better.

10. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

So I predict that if Nate leaves the show, Bishop will replace him, which could lead to some interesting storylines.

Another excellent episode of season 7. It’s definitely on a roll. So many of these characters have great chemistry together, it doesn’t matter how they’re teamed up. The latest awesome pairings were Gideon with Gary and Zari 1.0 with Gwyn. Can’t wait for the mid-season finale next week!

btw, I saw on Reddit that Rory told Mona in season 4 not to press the red button in the bathroom. That’s some awesome continuity

11. Christopher

I hadn't thought of that. It's a credible suggestion, though. The Legends have taken in former adversaries before, and this incarnation of Bishop isn't even truly evil.

Oh, I didn't get the sense that the ejection system was already there. I mean, they made a point of establishing at the start that Gideon had no surveillance in the bathroom, which is a classic Chekhov's Gun; they wouldn't have mentioned it if it weren't meant to be relevant later. And the episode title was "Deus Ex Latrina." So the way I took it was that Bishop had taken advantage of the lack of surveillance to build an escape system that Gideon wouldn't know about.

Commander Troi and E-DUB like this.
  12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow...I misread that title (or mistyped on Comcast)... I thought it was Latina (referring to something Spooner did).

13. Commander Troi

LOL! I said the same. :hugegrin:

Fun episode, as always. I, too, love the chemistry between the various characters.

It was great to learn what Davies' trauma is, and it's certainly a doozy. So the "medal" is a dog tag.

Bishop finally gets to be a person instead of a caricature! As @Christopher said, I'm starting to like him. A little. He's still arrogant.

As soon as I saw the radiation sign, I thought, "Is this Chernobyl in 1986?" :ack:

Ava taking her frustration out on the wood was great! I need an axe... :lol:

Gary and Gideon? :eek:

I also thought Bishop put the ejection system in there. I love that it was just *on the blueprints*. And that they continued to comment on the Waverider only having one bathroom. Ava and Sara saying "oh crap" at the same moment was :chef's kiss:

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Sadly, they gave away the "Chernobyl" reveal in last's week promo for this ep. Kinda unfortunate, given that shoe doesn't drop until more than halfway through the actual ep.

Caretaker likes this.
  15. Commander Troi

I'm feeling lucky to not see promos now. :lol:

E-DUB and Nerys Myk like this.
  16. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

Well… so much for my Bishop joins the legends theory. I even felt sad when they offed him, so well played Legends.

this has been an excellent season so far and I’m excited to see the second half when they’ll have to battle their evil doppelgangers

17. Christopher

Yeah, it's impressive how they managed to give him a whole redemption arc while so much else was going on.

The Rosie the Riveter stuff was fun, and they managed to get an impressively big plane for a CW budget, although realistically a WWII factory would've been far larger and building a bunch of those at a time. (And the hangar they used was probably the same one used for the Hall of Justice in the crossovers.) The story was basically Hidden Figures meets Rosie.

I like how in touch the Tarazis are with their Persian/Iranian heritage, although I do wonder how there can be 400 or more years' worth of Persian ancestors in a totem that was originally from the Zambezi tribe in Africa.

Commander Troi and The Habs Fan like this.
  18. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm sure there are ways to get a the totem from Africa to Persia 400 years ago. Various Persian based empires have had holdings in Africa and trade (including the unsavory type) has occurred.

19. Christopher

Yeah, that's what bugs me. It feels like one more case of colonial powers appropriating something from Africa.

20. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Well there is legend from Africa about the origins of the Shirazi people where a Persian prince marries a Swahili Princess. On the other end of the spectrum you have Afro-Iranians who are the descendants of slaves.