Karl Urban -- blond or brunet?

i must say, it is quite silly. typical action flick for 13 yr old boys who just like to play computer games, killing the big monsters, swearing & saving the girl.

i think it would have been more interesting if the doctor chick was an old girlfriend instead of his sister, then we could have seen him make out with her in all his sexyness and glory.

he looked VERY nice in it, all manly, being the rebel-soldier that he was. all in all, not a bad watch.

If your brain's gonna melt from the stupid plot, you might as well have some pretty to compensate for it--which he does, many times over. I agree; it isn't the worst movie I've ever seen.

BTW, I saw at tv-now.com that not only is TNT going to be showing The Bourne Supremacy twice on the evening of July 19, but the showings will be followed by The Chronicles of Riddick at 2:30 a.m. on the 20th. It's a Karl Urban film fest!

I've never seen Riddick, other than that I remember trying to watch it with my husband (who liked it) on cable and wandering away after 10 minutes because I'm not much for Vin Diesel, except for The Iron Giant. Silly me. I'll definitely watch it now, though. Does Karl have a fairly large part in the movie, does anyone know?

Last edited:
I haven't watched Riddick for a while so I can't remember how much screen time it works out as. It's an important part, but there's so much going on in Riddick, no-one other than Vin Diesel gets much screen-time!

When he's on screen though, it's totally worth it!

I'll warn you though, there's a lot of guff to sit through in between his stuff so if you aren't a Vin Diesel fan, keep the remote control handy :)

Didn't get to watching Doom - too many other things going on last night. It's top of my list though!

0656871400.jpg

Don't know if I have mention it before or not and I'm too tired to look, but I do have to say that he's really cute in this picture with that smile. Ahh..that smile. :)

Don't know if I have mention it before or not and I'm too tired to look, but I do have to say that he's really cute in this picture with that smile. Ahh..that smile. :)

Quite happy for you to mention it again and again, so long as you promise to quote the picture each time. It's one of my favourites!

And, Jeri, yes I think I can see some of that Southern charm of the young DeForrest!

*wail* Trek's gone from my cinema of choice!

I shall have to go through this thread and watch all the interviews again - little snippets of Karl as McCoy :)

I shall have to go through this thread and watch all the interviews again - little snippets of Karl as McCoy :)

I have something that might tide you over, trampledamage. I'm hoping we can post links to stuff on You Tube here--I went through the rules and didn't see anything, but if I'm over the line here, mods, I apologize and please let me know. This is a video that was shot after the Star Trek premiere afterparty in London. Karl comes in about 2 minutes into it, and he's absolutely adorable--making hand gestures, singing, talking to people--plus he looks devastatingly handsome. Almost even better, he appears to be a gentleman (swoon). I came across it last night and had to watch it twice. I hope it takes care of the withdrawal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQeAm6-4CcI

I have something that might tide you over, trampledamage. I'm hoping we can post links to stuff on You Tube here--I went through the rules and didn't see anything, but if I'm over the line here, mods, I apologize and please let me know. This is a video that was shot after the Star Trek premiere afterparty in London. Karl comes in about 2 minutes into it, and he's absolutely adorable--making hand gestures, singing, talking to people--plus he looks devastatingly handsome. Almost even better, he appears to be a gentleman (swoon). I came across it last night and had to watch it twice. I hope it takes care of the withdrawal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQeAm6-4CcI

oh my...

yes we can post links to you tube - if the content itself is a problem, that's a different issue but I don't think a party is problem!

I'll watch that tonight.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Scratch that I can't wait - I'll watch it now with no sound... :shifty:

*three minutes later*

I love how he can do a Vulcan salute without even stopping to concentrate!

Definitely watching it with sound this evening :)

I'm waiting for it to show up at the Dollar theater in Round Rock. They had the posters for ST and Terminator up last week.

I'll be camping out at that place. :D

*three minutes later*

Wait'll you hear it with the sound. You might squeal, because...he sings. Jokingly sings, but he seems to have a decent voice.

I'm waiting for it to show up at the Dollar theater in Round Rock. They had the posters for ST and Terminator up last week.

I'll be camping out at that place. :D

It's going to be an interesting mental exercise for me - will my desire to see Trek again overwhelm my hatred of going to new places by myself late at night?

Maybe I could send mr trampledamage first and he can write me detailed instructions for driving, parking, buying tickets and finding the correct screen (I get lost easily!) :p

It's going to be an interesting mental exercise for me - will my desire to see Trek again overwhelm my hatred of going to new places by myself late at night?

Maybe I could send mr trampledamage first and he can write me detailed instructions for driving, parking, buying tickets and finding the correct screen (I get lost easily!) :p

I'd go with you, but I don't have a dog sled. :angel:

*three minutes later*

Wait'll you hear it with the sound. You might squeal, because...he sings. Jokingly sings, but he seems to have a decent voice.
He's doing "Manah, Manah". :lol: I like how he's playing games with the camera person while all of the other stuff is going on.

*three minutes later*

SQUEEEEE!

Okay, counting the minutes until bedtime for offspring :)

Just having watched the pictures - I love how Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana are obviously organised and find out where they are going before they leave the building, and Zachary Quinto and Karl just saunter out like they're going to hail a taxi!

Karl's out on the kerb for ages, making sure the women get sorted with cars, I was convinced he was just going to wander off to a bus stop or a nearby pub!

I'd go with you, but I don't have a dog sled. :angel:

WANTED: Urbanite to watch films with. Must have own dog sled and snow-shoes.

Actually given that it's a wonderful prairie summer here at the moment:

WANTED: Urbanite to watch films with. Must have own mosquito net and dust mask.

Just watched it with sound. So cool!

Why does Simon Pegg look like he arrives, goes in, stays for one minute and come straight out again - did he forget his door key or something?

I love Zach's comment about he'll make another movie just for her! So sweet :)

The whole thing with Karl just waiting around while the people he's with organise themselves out on the street is so funny.

I know, that thing with Pegg was funny; but maybe he just got caught in the editing, coming and going. They apparently didn't get the others arriving or didn't show it.

Why does Simon Pegg look like he arrives, goes in, stays for one minute and come straight out again - did he forget his door key or something?
I'm pretty sure those are all just the "good bits", edited together and posted as one YouTube clip. There could have been a couple of hours between Pegg's arrival and departure, but who wants to watch a closed door the whole time? Same for the rest -- there could have been gaps of many minutes between Cho's and Saldana's and Quinto's and Pine's departures, though they look here like bing-bing-bing, one after another. (I'd bet there were also a bunch of false-start, "hey, isn't that ______?" *start camera* "oh, s*** - it's just some nobody" *stop camera* bits which got left out, too.)

Back