Karl Urban -- blond or brunet?

Jeri

Vice Admiral
Admiral
We watched LOTR:Return of the King again yesterday, and there are some nice shots and some dialog from Karl Urban's character, Eomer.

So, do you prefer McCoy's dark looks or Eomer's, such as in this picture? He looks pretty fetching.

Eomer

or this one, from the Two Towers

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Karl Urban -- blond or brunette?

I'd have to say "yes" ... to all. Karl Urban is just sex on legs, whether bleach blond (Cupid in Xena), dirty blond (Lord of the Rings), buzz cut brown/black hair (Caesar in Xena/Hercules), or short brown hair (McCoy in Trek).

Brunette. After watching him as Caesar and Cupid on Xena, blonde hair looks just wrong with his dark brows. And I always thought his hairdo on LOTR just looked too light and stringy.

But hell, I'll take the man any way I can get him. :cool:

I kind of prefer his looks with darker hair. However, he is one super sexy guy regardless of his hair color.

We watched LOTR:Return of the King again yesterday, and there are some nice shots and some dialog from Karl Urban's character, Eomer.

So, do you prefer McCoy's dark looks or Eomer's, such as in this picture? He looks pretty fetching.

Eomer

or this one, from the Two Towers

this damn network at work is preventing me from linking to his pics there.

I like him dark though :evil:

so, ladies, was there a moment in Trek when he appeared extra delicious to you?

mine was right after the decimation of Vulcan, in Sickbay, when we see Sarek talking to the elders, and Kirk on the right side of the screen. the camera focuses on McCoy walking up to a Vulcan elder with his medical tricorder. I had a sudden warm feeling come all over me riiight at that point, and I said to myself: mm... niiiiice.

:p

indranee, yes, who wouldn't like him ministering his tender mercies to themselves, too? I think that was really appealing about that scene. Play doctor!

For all you ladies who like Urban, I recommend the Comanche Moon miniseries where he plays Texas Ranger Captain Woodrow Call. You'll get plenty.

Also, if you're a fan of Lonesome Dove, the actor (Zhan?) who plays Gus McCrae channels Robert Duvall's portrayal PERFECTLY.

indranee, yes, who wouldn't like him ministering his tender mercies to themselves, too? I think that was really appealing about that scene. Play doctor!

yep, and aside from the bedside manner, he has a nice set of shoulders too, that man.

every time I watch the movie, I wait for that scene. so shallow, am I. :devil:

For all you ladies who like Urban, I recommend the Comanche Moon miniseries where he plays Texas Ranger Captain Woodrow Call. You'll get plenty.

Also, if you're a fan of Lonesome Dove, the actor (Zhan?) who plays Gus McCrae channels Robert Duvall's portrayal PERFECTLY.

I'll second that, and add that if you want to see how touching and funny Urban can be, catch him in the offbeat NZ comedy The Price Of Milk.

Personally, I love Urban's natural dark hair. But he's yummy no matter how you serve him.

Definitely brunette!:drool:

Full disclosure, I spent money to see Doom in the theater because of Karl and Dwayne. And zombie demon things.

I'm such a dorky fangirl...:lol:

Haven't seen Comanche Moon yet -- does anybody get burned alive?

I am a big fan of McMurtry's books (have read most of them, starting with Horseman, Pass By), but the Lonesome Dove miniseries hurt sometimes.

If there's a lot of Karl, I could fast-forward through any burning-alive scenes, though.

I wonder if that's where he got a bead on a southern accent...

I'll second that, and add that if you want to see how touching and funny Urban can be, catch him in the offbeat NZ comedy The Price Of Milk.

If you have Netflix, it's on Instant Viewing. :D

Urban shows his bare ass during it. :techman:

Wait....he's in a LOTR movie?? I only watched the first one.

Either way, I prefer him naked.

Wait....he's in a LOTR movie?? I only watched the first one.

Either way, I prefer him naked.
He's in both the last two. Not naked, alas.

On the DVD, in the horsemanship feature extra track, they have some nice scenes with him. Plus, he is featured several times in the various other topics.

I don't watch extra tracks normally; my husband likes those, though, so he had them on. I couldn't help notice.

I just realized he's in a bunch of movies I have seen and I had no idea it was him.

I should really watch those other two LOTR movies.

Back