Jon Favreau to produce & write live action show

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Booji, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The game I'm thinking of that had it was FU 2. The player couldn't use it but you'd encounter droids that could freeze you.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It actually first appeared in "Mysteries of the Sith" add on for "Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2."

Tuskin38 likes this.
  3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The earliest example I can recall was from the or 'Tales of the Jedi' comics, though it's doubtful these individuals survived the process, it's implied that at this point at least, it's not a done thing. Indeed, the implication appears to be that these buggers came up with the idea.
    [​IMG]
    Hrrmmmm.
    Good make-up effects but...the eyes!!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, and Pedro Pascal explained to Entertainment Weekly how The Mandalorian's main character is different from Boba Fett.
    The fact that they are refusing to say what his name is makes me wonder if he's got some kind of a connection to a familiar face.
    Favreau and Filoni also revealed that it will also deal with the early days of The First Order. I'm assuming Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon will be our connection to The First Order. This is only 5 years after Return of the Jedi, so I'm assuming that will be to early to get appearances from any of the First Order characters, except maybe Snoke.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Admiral Sloane seems like an obvious pick, given we never did find out what happened to her. (See also: Hux Sr.)
    Bit of a pipe dream, but having the cast of Battlefront 2 show up could also be a possibility at some point down the road, since they used the actual actor's likenesses in the game.
    Indeed, bit of a side note, but I have noticed that they seem to have started to make sure that if they're designing a human animated character, that it looks close-ish in appearance to the voice actor, perhaps precisely to make any possible future live action appearances less jarring than say, Saul Guerra's transition from TCW to RO was.

7. fireproof78

Random observation on a trailer rewatch. When the Mandalorian shoots the door he is pulling the guy in to it to be closed on it.

KennyB and saddestmoon like this.
  8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doesn't the Phasma novel imply she's still part of the First Order's senior leadership at the time the novel's framing story takes place?

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

IIRC it's ambiguously implied in the framing story that she may or may not be "gone", but she was still around for sure as of the main body of the story. So that would be a decade or so prior to TFA, two or so post RotJ and 15 give or take after TM ("tMAND"? "MANDO"? is there a consensus for the abbreviation of this show yet?!)

So she's clearly still around at the time of the show and presumably a First Order Grand Admiral, which to me has potential big player written all over it. ;)

10. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Well...Gwendoline Christie's schedule just opened up... :D

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

A nice idea, but I'm pretty sure Phasma was described as being a teen when Hux found her, which would make her a child at best at the time of The Mandalorian. Also, she's stranded on a crazy Mad Max type planet until Hux finds her, so casting Christie as her own mother or something wouldn't work either.

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Ah, well. Damn.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just finished Battlefront II, and I would love to see any of the cast from that show up.
    I thought of Sloane too. She seems to be a pretty big player in the post-Return of the Jedi/pre-The Force Awakens Empire, so it could make sense for her to pop up if they play a significant role in the series.
    EDIT:
    IGN has posted a rundown of all of the announced cast members and characters.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Reverend likes this.
  14. Tuskin38

15. fireproof78

saddestmoon likes this.
  16. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The eyes are wrong, the arms/hands are also wrong. These had better not be passed off as actual Trandoshans. Would it have been too much to ask for them to, I don't know, maybe look at TESB or a photo of Bossk one time?

As is often the case, EW.com seems aptly named.

17. Tuskin38

There are several variations of Trandoshans in canon, not all of them look like Bossk.
    Look here: https://imgur.com/a/SdrkmNP
    So this isn’t new to the franchise.

Also EW gets their picture descriptions from LucasFilm, so if they say they’re Trandoshans, LucasFilm told them that.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Hound of UIster and fireproof78 like this.
  18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

They're closer to Bosk style Trandoshans are than Discovery Klingons are to the Worf style Klingons.

19. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, there's a clear precedent for Trandoshans coming in all shapes and sizes. Plus to pull off a head with the same design as Bossk would take an elaborate anamatronic rig that'd be a little pricey even for a show with as lavish budget as this. To say nothing to get it working in a fight scene. I guess digital replacement of just the eyepieces and maybe the mouth would have been a slightly more straight-forward solution, but they may have just decided to keep it practical.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

During a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jon Favreau did not rule out Mara Jade or Thrawn appearing in The Mandaloria. He didn't give a direct yes or no answer, but he did say that they tried to " see if they could merge the worlds of The Original Trilogy, the prequels, the sequels, the Clone Wars and what's been considered canon up to this point, and what's been considered part of Legends".
    I was a little surprised the article didn't mention the fact that Thrawn already appeared in Rebels, and that his story there ended on a bit of a cliffhanger.

Hound of UIster likes this.