Jon Favreau to produce & write live action show

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Booji, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

It's subjective of course, but Mara does seem to have been more popular overall. I mean Lucasfilm never bothered to hire an official Thrawn "model" and one assumes they only did so for her (and no other character) to meet the demand for Mara Jade merchandise. She was also around in a lot more stories.

Thrawn's still pretty up there in terms of popularity (even before his canonisation.) Indeed if one were to do a poll of people's favourite EU characters, I think it's a safe bet both Thrawn & Mara would be somewhere in the top 5, if not top two or three alongside Jaina Solo.

Tosk likes this.
  2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not a big EU guy by any stretch. But, Mara is a highly popular character in and out of canon. She got a couple of action figures, and a lot more ancillary material appearances.

I generally don't care for much of the EU, but calling it "garbage" is dumb. It had its ups and downs, just like any other property.

Also, somehow Jaxx made it back in...that's odd.

Reverend and Tosk like this.
  3. Crewman6

Crewman6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry, but I hated the Thrawn trilogy and think most of the EU is pure trash. That said, I thought Thrawn was a decent character and I was pleased to see him used well on "Rebels."

And I'm not arguing that Thrawn and Mara weren't "popular." Of course they are/were. Doesn't mean I want to see Mara show up in a "canonical" SW production like, ever.

Yes, but have you see the hair??????

http://www.rebelscum.com/Hasbro-Star-Wars/The-Black-Series/Figures/14-Mara-Jade/photo-archive.asp

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never read the books when I was kid, so my first encounter with Mara was in the Jedi Knight expansion pack 'Mysteries of the Sith' in 1998, and shortly after that the 'By the Emperor's Hand' comic series. Which I do still have, though some of the pages have seen better days, and one issue is missing the cover/back page.

I have since read the books where she was introduced however.

fireproof78 likes this.
  5. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are lots of things I don't want to see in a canonical work but that doesn't mean I don't automatically reject them out of hand. It's all in execution.
    [​IMG]
    Her appearance in "Mysteries of the Sith" is probably my favorite.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

8. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's not mentioned in that video above, but apparently Carl Weathers confirmed (off-camera I guess) that he's going to direct an episode in season 2. (Technically, I don't think season 2 has even been officially officialized yet.)

https://twitter.com/Breznican/status/1185639082627493888

WARNING: the video a few posts above does get slightly spoilerish in the second half, so if you want to remain spoiler-free on some easter eggs, just wait until November 12.