Does anyone like "American Dad?"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jayson1, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We are not watching the real family.

Its a recreation of the family on a phantom Twilight zone magic TV in the basement of the house, and the house is replica of the house in Stan's personal Hell, in Hell.

2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I could never get into The Cleveland Show. I still haven't watched Bob Burgers. It and Bojack Horsemen I think it's called is a couple cartoons I want to watch. Well that and this new Transformers cartoon coming to Netflix. Also Robotech and the new Voltron. The Trek catoon as well of course and The Bad Batch Star Wars one.

Jason

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You can hire a LIFE coach to trick you into watching more cartoons.

4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Bojack Horseman is pretty great, and not at all the fairly mindless entertainment I expected it to be at the beginning.

RPOW0614 likes this.
  5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I love it but I doubt the majority of the TrekBBS Community will.

6. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I was really into Family Guy when it first came out, pre-cancellation. It was spontaneous, referential, subverted cliches and nailed the joke a second pace.

Then ever since it came back it's been mean spirited, repetitive and cloying.

Qonundrum likes this.
  7. DonIago

I think some FG episodes are still pretty good, but I would agree that a lot of them are pretty disposable.

Comparing the two, I would argue that AD has a better ratio of good episodes.

8. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like Family Guy better mostly because I like the characters better. Especially Stewie and Brian.

Jason

9. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Stewie and Brian, especially together, are probably the best MacFarlane characters overall.

DonIago likes this.
  10. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

American Dad - lame. The alien who has Paul Lynde's voice is otherwise no better than the rest of the cast.

Family Guy - was rubbish after season 2, except for the Star Wars parodies. Seasons 1 and 2 were rather good. Still love the one where Peter gets the satellite dish. The show was always a bit warped but @JirinPanthosa pretty much nailed its description.

The Cleveland Show - just as uninteresting.

Bob Burgers - yes, cheap animated cartoons can indeed be far worse than mere rubbish.

11. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Roger is a awesome character. Easily in my top 5 best cartoon characters.

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The first time Peter fought a giant chicken over an expired coupon it was hilarious.

Then they did the exact same bit 57 times,

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't watched Family Guy in years, I stopped finding it funny a long time ago, but I still love Stewie and Brian.
    Roger and Klaus are my favorite American Dad characters.
    I've seen a couple mentions of Bob's Burgers, and that and The Simpsons are two of my all time favorite cartoons.

14. DonIago

I can't get into the animation style or some of the voice-acting of BB, but I've had more than one friend say it's pretty good, and hey, if they enjoy it, that's cool. :)

15. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I absolutely HATED the animation style of Bob's Burgers at first. I'd purposely change the channel whenever it was on. But, I was bored one night and decided to sit through an episode. Now, I love it more than Family Guy and American Dad. Also, Archer does a crossover episode which was funny as hell.

But, on topic, I do love me some American Dad. Jeff and Bullock make the show for me. Some of the episodes are bonkers too. Last season there was one where Stan's actions (or inactions) caused a nuclear war. I can't remember the exact details of what happened, but aliens get involved, and now apparently the show takes place millions of years in the future :lol:

16. DonIago

I was pretty surprised when they had Jeff get beamed into space and didn't either write the character off or immediately act as though it had never happened.