Spoilers Discovery 1x14: "The War Without, The War WIthin" Preview

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Serveaux, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Lol, nice to see Cornwell :bolian:

2. picardjean-luc

picardjean-luc Captain Captain

Second this. Plus by now Cornwell must've known MU Lorca's real origins and intentions. That's why she asks about his whereabouts seconds after she, Sarek, and her guards beamed inside the Discovery's bridge

3. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't. With a reset when new viewers come in people are just going to tell them "skip season 1 since it never actually happens and start with season 2"

4. NaughtyTrekkie

NaughtyTrekkie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Admiral Cromwell felt there was something wrong about Lorca, but she thought it was because of what happened to lorca during the war.

She doesn't know of the MU. If ISS discovery is doing a mess, they don't know it is from MU, they problably think its crew is gone mad.

Thnk about it: Cromwell override the ship with a code. If she know the ship was from a different universe, she would have not.

5. jaime

jaime Vice Admiral Admiral

Mirror Stamets was in the network, which means he had tardigrade DNA too.

6. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Desperate Hours by David Mack
    Basically she's a human wearing advanced tactical headgear.

XCV330 likes this.
  7. jaime

So was Janice Rand.

8. Krandor

Krandor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So based on what we know, I'm looking at the title and trying to decide what it means.

War without is easy - the Klingon War or starfleet vs discovery for a bit.

The War within - I'm thinking two possibilities here. 1) Some kind of fight of something inside the mycellium network. Maybe staments trying to bring culber back or a Lorca in the network trying to get out. So war within could be war within the network. Possibility 2 and what I first through by the episode name months ago is something related to Tyler/Voq and the who personailities fighting. I don't think we are done with Tyler'Voq yet.

9. Jadeb

Jadeb Commodore Commodore

Might also be a reference to Burnham's relationship with evil Pippa. Maybe it's referring to Burnham's internal conflict over the matter or to Georgiou not being entirely evil. My suspicion is that Georgiou will seek Burnham's sympathies, then Burnham will have to kill her -- the very image of the beloved mentor she failed! -- to redeem herself and save everyone.

eltel99uk and picardjean-luc like this.
  10. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

Just to play the devil's advocate, Sisko did manage to override the Mirror!Terok Nor's controls with his own Prime Universe access codes, despite Intendant Kira being its commanding officer.

To be serious, what convinced me she doesn't know about the ISS Discovery is that she's asking for Lorca after she beams in. She probably suspects he has gone rogue (Discovery disappeared after being ordered back from Pahvo, after all). Depending on what Captain Killy has done in our universe, she might accuse Lorca with attacks on outlying Federation targets or perhaps more.

11. jaime

They will go back in time and swap mirror pip for real pip. Jobs a goodun. Network is so fooked by the strain and MU Stamets dicking with it, that it is no longer traversable for about a thousand years.

XCV330 likes this.
  12. NaughtyTrekkie

I remember the scene, but i don't remember if Sisko used his own codes of the old cardassian codes

13. SJGardner

Come to think of it, me neither. Good point.

14. NaughtyTrekkie

I checked. They didn't say id the codes are cardassian or starfleet's, but sisko says to Smiley "I hope this terok nor has been build just like mine Terok Nor" just before activating the self destruction sequence

15. SJGardner

He did override Kira's access codes though... the computer didn't accept them when she tried to abort the self-destruct. But he could've been simply using some hard-coded Cardassian master key or something similar.

16. jaime

By the way, the ‘watch these episodes’ makes certain things a dead giveaway.

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

not really

18. SJGardner

I wouldn't say dead giveaway yet, but I'm wondering whether, concerning Deadlock, we should focus on the two Voyagers or Harry Kim. Resurrection gives us someone from the Mirror Universe impersonating their Prime counterparts for some agenda or perhaps someone getting tempted by the prospect of remaining here. As for Space Seed, my gut is reminding me of Marla McGivers and her relationship with Khan.

jaime likes this.
  19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Maybe all the confusion is just because the Discovery hasn't pulled over to repaint the hull yet, so still says ISS on it...

Gilora and Tim Thomason like this.
  20. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Do we know that the ISSD actually made it into the PU? I certainly don't remember it being referenced on-screen, so TBF I don't think that failing to reference Kill et al. would be a writers' goof at all.

dJE