Baby Yoda vs Baby Groot. Most adorable!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jayson1, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Baby Yoda vs Baby Groot

1. Baby Yoda

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. Baby Groot

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

Except for Baby Yoda scenes on Youtube now. The franchise has simply never interested me at all, it combines basically all genres that tend to bore me - action, fantasy, sci-fi... meh, nah. (I'm almost impossible to convince to watch something whose premise doesn't interest me, which is why it took my then-bf weeks to convince me to watch a TNG episode, and even then I only did so to make him STFU about it already. My plan didn't work out because I liked what I saw, of course, but chances of that were really very, very slim. In fact, come to think of it, TNG is the only show that has ever managed to prove me wrong when it comes to "not interested, don't like premise, won't care for it anyway".)

If they ever decide to put the Baby Yoda Show on DVD, though (I won't subscribe to streaming services, they're a waste of time for me personally, I had Netflix but ended up watching DVDs instead all the time, so I got rid of it)... I will definitely consider buying it. And THEN I will have seen something Star Wars - although not because Star Wars but because BABY YODA. ;)

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pop culture is cyclical now linear at times.

Yeah, Baby Yoda reminded me of Gizmo. And it's annoying. Maybe that explains my indifference.

3. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Groot, I am

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see. With Star Wars such a huge part of pop culture, it's pretty rare to come across someone who hasn't at least seen one of the movies.

5. MrPicard

I resist a lot of pop culture stuff. There's a ton of "pop culture" movies I've never seen (Harry Potter, for example). Star Wars is just part of the package here. But then, who knows, Baby Yoda might change that. It's rare, but it CAN take just one character to change my mind. (I had no plans to watch Discovery but then Lorca appeared. I had no plans to watch season 2 but then Pike appeared. I have no plans to watch season 3... for now. lol)

6. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you want to give Star Wars a chance you can't go wrong by watching the Classic 3 movies,Clone Wars the cartoon and The Mandolorian. I would even toss in Force Awakens. To me that is the cream of the crop. If you want more that is at least decent watch the final Prequel movie,Solo and Rogue One. Last Jedi and the other prequel stuff is bad. Haven't seen Rebels the cartoon or the new movie yet.

Jason

MrPicard likes this.
  7. MrPicard

I'll see what happens. If they release the Baby Yoda Show on DVD I'll buy it. Then I'll move on from there. Who knows tho, maybe there will be a Baby Yoda movie by then for me to watch also. Or several. ;)

8. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you want to check out more, pick whatever looks most interesting to you. I think the Last Jedi is the best of the bunch, Empire is the only original film worth watching and Sith is by far the worst of the prequels, not the best, so everyone has an opinion.

MrPicard likes this.
  9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rebels starts a bit rough, but it's absolutely great by the end.

10. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It should be noted that I hear lots of people who like The Mandolorian are also people who aren't big into Star Wars so it might be the most accessible of all the Star Wars stuff.

Jason

MrPicard likes this.