Spoilers Avengers: Endgame grade and discussion thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Apr 21, 2019.

?

How do you rate Avengers: Endgame?

1. A+

35.3%
  2. A

28.9%
  3. A-

16.3%
  4. B+

10.0%
  5. B

4.7%
  6. B-

1.1%
  7. C+

1.1%
  8. C

1.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0.5%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0.5%
  1. Claudia

Claudia Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So true... did the Iron Man 1 rewatch yesterday...

2. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, you almost would think that! :D :D

Can't just yet. Really. I have a fearbased anxiety disorder. Especially during Iron Man 3 I really got to understand the how and why of Tony Stark. His character, especially his desire for a happy ending (my gf of 11 years who was trying to have a baby with me but couldn't deal with me anymore left me four months ago) is something that hits home quite a lot. Sure, he's fictional and his circumstances are totally different than mine. But, the core of it.... The desire to protect those who I love but in the meantime fucking up quite badly.... Yeah, it's gonna be a while before I'm going to rewatch Iron Man. ;)

3. Leo Star Dragon 1

Leo Star Dragon 1 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oops! I lost my place. Before I resume my DVR viewing, I wanted to share a post here, that didn't get a reaction as yet, on my "Facebook" page. Hey! The first example of Time Travel examples was, "Star Trek"! So, does actor Benedict Cumberpatch, get told that he resembles the doctor/sorcer/Superhero? Does, Doctor Strange, get told that he resembles the actor? For an "SNL" skit, I would like to see Robert & Benedict, play their versions of, "Sherlock Holmes", in which they have to figure out why they aren't identical. I got the idea from seeing a game on, "Ellen", I think, in which Scarlett & Brie, were asked which of the "Avengers" both played the role. I think the guy that played, "Bucky", was said to have been in, "Hot Tub Time Machine"?

Mark Ruffalo, was startled upon learning, or being reminded, that both he and Brie, were in, "13 Going on 30". A movie with, Jennifer Garner, who played, "Elektra", twice.

4. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Something I've not seen people mention - at the funeral - some of the actors look like they are CGI'd over the top of Stand-ins - Bumberbatch Cumberbund for example.

5. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quiet possible. Imagine getting so many actors in one place at same time. It would be cheaper/easier to CGI some of them in.

6. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

All this Steve nonsense could have been avoided if he’d just stayed in an alternate 1945, sending an empty suit and a note back to the Prime timeline. But I guess they really loved that Old Cap on the bench scene, so they included it even though it doesn’t make sense.

Gryffindorian and FreezeC77 like this.
  7. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

People tend to think of flashy obvious stuff but we are at the point where it's getting pretty difficult to work out if even shots on location are really even on location or if people are talking in a room, if they were ever really together...

8. Seven of Five

Seven of Five S'all Good, Man! Premium Member

That was on of my favourite parts of the movie.

Ovation and Nyotarules like this.
  9. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

It didn't bother me either. I'm totally fine with it. It was a great ending and damn the rules!

...However that's entirely besides the point. You specifically said you didn't understand why people are discussing the rules of time travel in this movie and my response to that was "because the movie made a big deal out of it." That makes it fair game. Hell, it's pretty much an invitation by the film makers to puzzle it out, because if they didn't want people thinking about it then they wouldn't have brought it up, much less included multiple, fairly in-depth discussions on the topic within the narrative. They could just have hand waved it and kept moving and that would have been fine, because: space magic!

If you aren't interested in discussing it, good for you. But that doesn't give you the right to question how other people get to express their enjoyment of this film.

Longinus and EnderAKH like this.
  10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Open to interpretation/debat. Which we already have a lot of anyway, so that helps. :D

11. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Commodore Commodore

I just got back from seeing it a second time and still wouldn't rate it above a b-. I can't quite put my finger one why though. Just something about the film did not work for me.

12. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Commodore Commodore

Dang girl, I thought I was being brutal with my B-minus!

13. Anwar

Anwar Vice Admiral Admiral

He probably did, off screen. Then he just waited there at that bench.

14. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

They were stood right next to the thing the whole time...kinda hard to miss that thing powering up.

15. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:guffaw:

16. Doc Mugatu

Doc Mugatu Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actually it was a nod to Captain America: Winter Soldier.

17. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

He could have used a quantum tunnel device from his own timeline. The hand device would be all he’d need to find his way back to the Prime timeline.

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  18. EdSanders63

EdSanders63 Ensign Newbie

Regarding any paradoxes concerning Cap....maybe he returned the Time Stone last and in gratitude the Ancient One used the Stone and her magiks to give him a life with Peggy with no temporal side effects and keeping him in the original timeline

19. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I think it was a double reference. The elevator setup was an obvious reference to The Winter Soldier but the "Hail Hydra" bit extended to the controversial comic book story.

I thought about this before and I think it's as good of a hand wave as any.

20. Doc Mugatu

Doc Mugatu Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved The Black Widow, however, a BIG funeral would not really be fitting the reality of that character. She was a loner assassin-spy and then Avenger. She didn't let a lot of folks get close. I would imagine her funeral a small affair primarily of the core Avengers, Nick Fury and maybe 1 or 2 others.

BeatleJWOL likes this.