Who was the being from the Future?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Mitch1022, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Right! People act like the Borg drone sending out a signal was some type of predestination paradox, but (since I don't believe in those), it makes more sense to me that the Borg became more aggressive, and headed towards Earth a lot quicker, and inflicted a lot more damage along the way, because of the butterflies / timeline rewrite caused by First Contact.

Unimatrix Q likes this.
  2. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

He seemed to be an expert for time travel, parallel universes and for what happened during the T(C)W.

There could be a reveal about him in, maybe even in the next season of Disco, considering that the events of "Calypso" and a (temporal) anomaly seem to play a role in it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2021
    Phoenix219 likes this.
  3. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

There is definitely something odd about him; He is way too involved, doesn't have a defined role, and is a big name actor. Something is up there.

saddestmoon and Unimatrix Q like this.
  4. Swedish Borg

Swedish Borg Commodore Captain

Well, we'll see.

5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I hardly think that qualifies him for being the same guy from ENT. Mainly because FutureGuy was from the 28th century, not the 32nd.

6. Unimatrix Q

We don't know how old he's supposed to be. Even in the 24th century humans could already get 150 years old and it's unknown if he isn't a member of a humanlike looking alien species with a really long life expectancy, an hybrid or if there is some technological reason or simply time travel as the reason for him still being around in the 32nd century.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  7. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I still strongly doubt he’s supposed to be FutureGuy. I’m not sure what the point would be.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  8. Unimatrix Q

There was a lot of mentioning of the Temporal Wars in that season, so i don't see a reason why they wouldn't include a character from that arc in Enterprise in it.

And it makes more sense and would be easier to explain if Kovich was FG than if he was Archer.

It would be way more difficult for the writers to find a good reason for Jon ending up in the 28th century to play a part in the TCW than for this guy. Especially as the part of the Temporal Cold War that concerned events in the 22nd century was over at the beginning of Season 4 of ENT.

At least according to Daniels.

9. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I'm still not understanding the need for this person to be FutureGuy. You're still not giving any compelling reasons as to why this particular person must be him other than that he knows about the Temporal Wars just like everybody else in the 32nd century does. If that were the criteria, then Book would be FutureGuy.

10. Unimatrix Q

Never said i'm 100 percently sure. Just saying with, as @Phoenix219 already mentioned, a big name actor (David Cronenberg) playing him, his role not having been defined and from what we've seen from this character and with him knowing so much about the Temporal Wars, i think there's a high chance for him to be Future Guy.

Book and most other characters of his time, so far, on the contrary, either had no connection with time travel at all or were never mentioned or seen in this context.

And Future Guy would be an interesting character to bring back, considering the apparent themes for S4 of Disco...

11. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Book knew all about the Temporal Wars. That makes him just as much a candidate for being FutureGuy as the other fellow.

12. Unimatrix Q

He knew that they happened, a thing a lot of people may have known about at this time, but was a simple courier with apparently no expert knowledge in temporal physics, contrary to Kovich.

13. Swedish Borg

Would Book give the Sulibans genetic enhancements though?

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Would the other guy?

What expert knowledge did Kovich possess that would make him a candidate for being someone from the 28th century that gave 22nd century aliens genetic enhancements?

15. Swedish Borg

One would think that in the 31st century you'd get all the expertise you need by just asking the computer, any computer.

16. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

In that case, anyone from the 31st century could be FutureGuy. A 400 year old FutureGuy, at any rate.

17. Unimatrix Q

As mentioned before, which reason would a courier like Book have to upgrade the Suliban and fight in a temporal war?

Kovich on the other side worked for the Federation, a faction of the war, and we still don't know exactly what the conflict was really about.

I could imagine situations, where could have been advantageous for (parts of) the Federation to use upgraded Suliban to reach their goals.

18. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

If you want to think Kovich is FutureGuy, go ahead. I still haven't heard any compelling evidence that this is the case.

19. Unimatrix Q

What would be compelling evidence for you, and how likely do you think is it that the producers would already put it in episodes a season before the reveal (in case they planned such a thing)?

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I don't need compelling evidence, because I don't think he's FutureGuy. And I don't think the producers of DSC think he is either.