What was the first ST movie you ever saw in theaters?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by HarryCanyon1982, May 28, 2015.

1. LJones41

LJones41 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Star Trek: The Motion Picture" was the first one I saw. And I regret it to this day.

2. JediKnightButler

JediKnightButler Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does Drive-in count? That's where I saw Star Trek III, which, I believe, was the first one I saw outside of the home. I have seen all of the other ones (except for INS) in the theater.

3. Citizen Cook

Citizen Cook Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Generations. An old cinema that has since been driven out of business by a soulless multiplex.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

In a legit theater it was STIII, though I did see STTMP and STII projected onto a screen before seeing them elsewhere.

5. RogueVasad

RogueVasad Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wrath of Khan. I don't remember much because I was only 12 days old but the Eels scared little me.

6. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've seen all of them except TUC in the theater.

7. HIjol

HIjol Admiral and Consummate Peacemaker Premium Member

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure it counts. I also saw Star Trek III for the first time at a Drive-in (which is no longer there, I think that lot is a Safeway now). I was 14, although I've seen all of them at the theater, sometimes opening day but mostly after the first weekend. My very first was TMP when I was nine.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

12 DAYS old? Hell, I'm amazed you could remember anything at all!

10. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

TMP....The last thing I remember was falling asleep when they were going through the cloud surrounding V'Ger....the music and visuals must have knocked my 6 year old butt out.....the plot was way over my head at the time, had no clue what was going on. Love the film as an adult now, however...

11. ItIsGreen

ItIsGreen Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone, first post here.

First movie I saw at the cinema was VI, I was 8 years old and I remember we went to see it after I finished school for the day, and my dad came home from work early for it so it felt special.

My dad and I are the big Trekkies in our family and we've been to see each one together since, can't imagine watching them with anyone else.

I also remember getting for my birthday one year a box-set of all the movies from TMP thru First Contact, which was the most recent one at the time, on VHS. I wore those damn tapes out, I watched them so much...

12. NigellaDeanna20

NigellaDeanna20 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country - Saw it when I was 14 in early 1992. Great story and send off for the original star trek cast. Loved the cameo by Michael Dorn (Worf) as the Klingon defense counsel at the trial of Kirk and McCoy. :)

13. Astra

Astra Commander Red Shirt

The one that will come out next year... [​IMG]

Galileo7 likes this.
  14. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Cool, STB. :techman:
    My first ST movie was TMP as a young boy on Friday December 7th 1979. :biggrin:

15. Buzzinpoa

Buzzinpoa Ensign Newbie

For me it was Star Trek II... Maybe because of this I think this is THE BEST movie... In my mind I was blown by the "real" visual of the effects, the set, all seemed so fantastic and... REAL...! I was 14 then... And I had just seen Trek in a few months earlier on TV... Since then I fell in love... A love that keeps me going by today...!! :)

16. Shalashaska

Shalashaska Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice to see I'm not the only one! :lol:

I'm 15, so apart from '09 and IT, I never really had the chance to see the others in theaters. Very excited for Beyond though, I have a feeling Lin and Pegg/Jung will knock it out of the park.

17. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

I remember sitting at the dinner table around 1980 and my older brother telling me:
    "They're making a Star Trek II."

My first thought: "What about Star Trek I"

I had no idea it existed.
    Saw TWOK in the theater on opening day. I was 10 or so and remember telling my dad on the way home..."I feel sorry for Spock." (sad that he died)

18. IrvinWithAnEye

IrvinWithAnEye Ensign Newbie

I was also 14 when I saw TUC as my first ST movie. I'd been an ST fan for a bit, but had never seen one of the movies. Being a diehard Scotty fan, my favorite bit was....

Spock: Ahh! Mr. Scott! I understand you're having difficulty with the warp drive. How much time do you require for repair?

Scotty: There's nothin' wrong with the bloody thing! *trails off*

Spock: Mr. Scott, if we return to spacedock, the assassins will surely find a way to dispose of their incriminating footwear, and will never see the Captain or Dr. McCoy alive again.

Scotty: Could take weeks, sir

:lol:

19. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mine too and I was about the same age. Dad (not a natural Trek fan) took me to see it, thanks Dad :techman:

20. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

Scotty was awesome in TUC. :)