Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's the thing that makes the film funny!!! I wonder if they could have got Laurence Olivier eventually? :rofl:
    JB

2. mb22

mb22 Captain Captain

By the late 70s, Olivier was 'slumming it' in movies like the Langella Dracula and The Betsy.

Besides Airplane 2, a year earlier Shatner was the guest on the ABC Saturday Night Live comedy sketch and music knockoff Fridays. I can't locate any clips online, unfortunately.

3. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Commodore Commodore

And A Little Romance, the film that introduced the world to Diane Lane.

ZapBrannigan likes this.
  4. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

:adore:

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Got the new Jonny Quest Blu-Ray edition. In the closing titles of episode one I noticed Vic Perrin's name as a voice actor!

6. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Watching Collossus: The Forbin Project on Blu-ray last night and there's the omnipresent William Schallert as Director Graubert of the CIA.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm glad to know that exists. When I watched it on DVD a few years ago, it seemed the only available edition was an edited-for-TV, pan-and-scan version. I presume the Blu-Ray would be from the original master.

8. Mysterion

Yes, Shout Factory has issued it on blu-ray, in widescreen, and it's looking pretty good. Been a few years since I'd seen the film and I still find it entertaiining. I found it here: https://www.amazon.com/Colossus-Pro...vies-tv&sprefix=forbin+project,aps,223&sr=1-1

9. Christopher

Oh, then maybe they'll put it on their free streaming site eventually. I'll have to watch out for it.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

You rang?
    [​IMG]

Mysterion likes this.
  11. johnnybear

When he's not killing intelligent chimpanzees from the future or suffering from Lycanthropy Eric Braeden was in The Forbin Project! :shifty:
    JB

Greg Cox likes this.
  12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Universal only licensed the physical rights. Colossus won't be showing up on Shout! Factory TV anytime soon.

13. FormerLurker

Isn't that Dr. Hasslein from Escape From The POTA?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  14. Christopher

Oh, too bad.

15. Mysterion

Watching The Gallant Hours starring James Cagney as Admiral "Bull" Halsey, and there's William Schallert (what movies/television shows was this guy not in?) in an uncredited role as Capt. Lanphier of the USAAF.

(Also in this film is Ward Costello who appeared in a couple of TNG episodes as Admiral Quinn.)

16. johnnybear

Richard Webb in Terror At High Point, an episode of The Fugitive!
    JB

17. johnnybear

Mariette Hartley, Russell Takaki in Married, a double episode of The Incredible Hulk!
    JB

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

For which, I believe, Hartley won an Emmy.

19. FormerLurker

Yes she did.It was the first time, and for decades the only time, someone won an acting award (Oscar or Emmy variety) for a genre program or film. Many have been nominated since, but the second time someone won was recent (it might have even been Heath Ledger for playing the Joker, I don't remember).

20. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

There were a few prior examples. Fredric March won the Academy Award for Best Actor for DR. JEKYLL & MR. HYDE back in thirties, Ruth Gordon won Best Supporting Actress for playing a Satanist in ROSEMARY'S BABY.

Since, yes, Ledger won for the Joker, and Whoopi Goldberg also picked up an Oscar for her role in GHOST.