Spoilers Thor: Love and Thunder grade and discussion thread

How do you rate Love and Thunder?

• Total voters
I know very little about Jane's Thor arc in the comments, but I do seem to recall it being mentioned there that using Mjolnir was an aspect interfering with her normal treatment. Was there a specific explanation for that, as it's a point the film mentions but just sort of glosses over IMO?

IIRC, the transformation into Thor flushed the chemo out of Jane's human system, so she could be healthy and invulnerable as Thor at the cost of her cancer running unchecked when she turned back into Jane Foster.

Last edited:
Just got back.

I need to let it sit with me more, but my immediate reaction is more negative than positive, largely due to the ending.

The post-credit scene slightly tempered my frustration, but only slightly.

At least Natalie (deservedly) got a better credit than Russell Crowe.

Ragnarok was a lot better. Too much of the humor fell flat in this movie in comparison to the previous one. I dislike the way Taika Waititi treats the Warriors 3, even after he killed them off. I expected Sif to be killed off, so I'm glad that they kept her around. Jane's arc ended pretty much the way I expected it to, right down to her entering Valhalla. Didn't expect to see characters like Darcy, Erik or Heimdall and was pleasantly surprised when each of them showed up. Christian Bale was great as Gor and I wish they would have given him a little more to work with.

I gave it a B.

Only her arm died.
One of the reasons I dislike Ragnarok was the way they treated the Warriors 3 and so I’m glad Sif wasn’t killed off. Personally I would have used her rather than Valkyrie

So Thor knew about this eternity fella and didn’t once think he could have been useful to counteract the snap???

I'm easy to please - I liked Black Widow and loved the Eternals Movie and I thought that Love and Thunder would be a sure win. It wasn't. Usually even the "bad" MCU-Movies are a least entertaining and watchable, but this one was just terrible. I couldn't connect to it at all.

So Thor knew about this eternity fella and didn’t once think he could have been useful to counteract the snap???
Also this whole films contradicts “No, you have the little one.” in respect of choosing Storm Breaker over Mjolnir in Endgame.

Somewhere between B- and C+. It was just too silly and not in a good way. The Christian Bale character was right--the gods are douches and needed to die. ;)

A few small giggles, here and there, but otherwise just too goofy for me to care very much about what was going on.

Weren't you just complaining you thought Sif was "unnecessarily" killed? Now you know she survived, and that makes things worse?

Yes.

I walked out of the movie feeling that both Natalie and Jaimie had been mistreated by the film by being brought back just to have their characters killed; Sif surviving means that only Natalie got screwed here, and since she (Natalie) played the better and more interesting character, it makes the ending suck even more.

I walked out of the movie feeling that both Natalie and Jaimie had been mistreated by the film by being brought back just to have their characters killed; Sif surviving means that only Natalie got screwed here, and since she (Natalie) played the better and more interesting character, it makes the ending suck even more.

For what it's worth, Jane dies and goes to Valhalla in the Thor comics the film is inspired by, succumbing to her wounds and her cancer. That ending was probably always going to be a part of the film.

For what it's worth, Jane dies and goes to Valhalla in the Thor comics the film is inspired by, succumbing to her wounds and her cancer. That ending was probably always going to be a part of the film.

A bad storytelling choice is still bad even if there's precedent for it.

I had some issues with it, even if parts were expected (Not having read the comics), but the ending was broadcast a bit.

Still, relatively entertaining enough and I liked it. As for one of the post credit scenes, I hadn't seen any of the spoilers relating to the character but just in case
There's only one Roy Kent as Hercules?. :D

Moving beyond my frustration with the 'Jane's death' aspect of the ending, it was also really stupid to saddle Thor with a child character who is in the movie for 6 scenes probably totalling 2-5 minutes of screentime.

Jane dying isn't her getting screwed over. It's blatantly obvious setup for her coming back out of Valhalla and taking up her own superhero identity in the future. Just like she did in the comics.

I'm not as confident in the certainty of that happening as you seem to be.

It also doesn't negate my frustration.

Back