Spoilers The Falcon and Winter Soldier discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 19, 2021.

1. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figure the new wings are but I dunno about the suit. Doesn't change that, at the very least, he should have been turned into a fine paste lifting the truck. Still human arms, human shoulders, human muscles, and a human body between an armoured vehicle and a jet engine.

Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

We don't know that though, right? It came from Wakanda so I expected it to be something pretty special. I almost thought they were going to give it that energy absorbing power thing.

Take a look at the first Iron Man movie again. Tony Stark should have been killed or servery injured at least twice. He survived falls that left Rhodey injured for life. When Stark first used the suit to escape the 10 Rings group and crashed in the desert and then while testing the rocket boots launches himself full speed into a ceiling. Those scenes did bother me but they set a precedent.

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  3. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Here's hoping that they don't force Walker to secretly change his name to "Jack Daniels" like they did in the comics.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Wait...seriously?I The writers and editors must've been drinking it at the time. :p

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

But you know comic readers are waiting for this fan service right?

6. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, remember his real name can just as easily be "Johnnie Walker".

marillion and Skellington like this.
  7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The choices were Jack Daniels, Jim Beam or Jose Cuervo.

Noname Given, Anwar and Ar-Pharazon like this.
  8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The Nth Doctor likes this.
  9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Captaindemotion likes this.
  10. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

But Jose Cuervo is a friend of mine :whistle:

11. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would be easier to take some of Sam's Marvel-sized feats if he took the serum. I found myself a couple of times going "Wait...".
    "For the last time, John, I'm not calling you Captain Morgan!"

12. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They could probably explain some of it away by saying he was given a suit with vibranium nanotechnology in it that is sort of a mini-exo skeleton around him. If you notice Sam's original Falcon costume

[​IMG]
    He has short sleeves. Sometimes the sleeves go to his elbow, but not his entire arm.

If you look at his Captain America costume he got from Wakanda
    [​IMG]

His entire arm and his hands are actually inside of the Wakanda costume and there seems to be extra padding around his lower arms running to his hands as well. So if he's wearing some type of vibranium nanotechnology/nanofiber type exoskeleton that could account for his survivability/and not have his hands/body crushed using his thrusters to push over a ton of weight back onto that scaffolding.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

14. Turtletrekker

An interesting possibility was brought up elsewhere. What if Sharon is...

...a Skrull?

15. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BTW. In terms of the that possibility and the snap

Wouldn't that have been a very good opportunity for the Skrulls to infiltrate? So much confusion and you had missing people. Surprised when the snap was un-done you didn't suddenly have the 'real' person appear. Could have been a really good way to lead into discovering the Skrull infilitration.

16. 1987SpaceGuy

1987SpaceGuy Captain Captain

Yay
    • Sam's Captain America Falcon fight style
    • Sam's speech to the GDC
    • Sam taking Bradley to the Captain America museum/memorial, now with his and his fellows story, as well as his statue
    • Bucky telling the painful truth to his now former old friend from the bar and the note for his doctor.
    • Zemo sheming from behind bars
    Nay
    • Sharon being the Power Broker aft all. Way to ruin the Carter name!
    • Karli's flagsmasher allies not speaking up, despite being uncomfortable with her decisions.
    • those same captured flagsmasher super powered apparently all being killed by Zemo's butler (he really doesn't like super powered people) instead of rescued by sympathizers?
    • the whole "Lady Hydra" thing.
    • Cap 2 / US Agent and Walkers from hero to zero to half way hero in 3 episodes. PTSD/Shizophrenic moments at least could explain his back and forth.

17. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's "White Wolf" now, Bucky and Sam had that conversation, I think it was last episode? Started with Sam saying "So are you the White Panther now?"
    I think this season was about Sam's journey. We had glimpses of Bucky's journey but the world didn't. There is no "White Wolf" yet because Bucky is still deep under cover for the most part. Maybe season two will get him out of his shell and the world will know him as the hero he's become.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After 6 episodes, and wondering where the plot was going, I realized, this wasn't about plot. It was about a message, about characters and about making a point. And I loved it. Oh Captain my Captain. Sam is as much Cap to me as Steve was.

19. Turtletrekker

A very timely message as well, given the legal verdict that's been in the news.

20. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral