Spoilers The Falcon and Winter Soldier discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Mar 19, 2021.

1. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

2. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I will tell the world who you really are"

Skipper likes this.
  3. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

Well, unless Skrulls bleed red, I'm pretty sure that idea's been (actually) shot down now. Hardly the first time I've been wrong about something, but I sure didn't want to be. Sharon really has gone to the Dark Side. :(

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm all for a 'Captain America 4'. I've really grown to like Sam as a character. If I had to choose between another series or movie I would choose a movie.

TREK_GOD_1 likes this.
  6. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hard disagree.

TREK_GOD_1 and Skipper like this.
  7. Guy Gardener

(Green Lantern) Kyle's girlfriend got stuffed into a fridge.

8. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, die young, stay pretty. Especially in a fridge.

9. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

When Sam carried Karli to the medics in such a dramatic way I was almost afraid that the end credits would reveal that she's not really dead. I hope she will stay dead forever and fry in hell!

10. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awful finale. Pretentious writers think they have something profound to say, while actually saying nothing at all. Action was good but hard to follow. Sam's speech was... Worse than awful. It was an Obama style speech where he says a lot of things and when you think about it, nothing of value was actually said. Ugh. Marvel is just arrowverse 2 now.

11. Guy Gardener

Identity Crisis.

All the Super Villains were Hypnotized into obeying "rules of engagement" by the Justice league, or in the case of Dr Light, his brain was cut in half, and was told to baby sit the kids in the Teen Titans.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I think it's a safe bet we're going to see more secret identities going forward given that there's a fair number of younger heroes coming up on the slate. I suspect given Peter's situation that that protection of his identity may be a stipulation of the Sokovia Accords, precisely because he's not of age.
    I can very easily see a similar situation for Kamala, and probably Miles whenever he inevitably turns up.
    Not sure about Kate Bishop since Hailee Steinfeld is definitely an adult (did True Grit really come out a decade ago? fuck that makes me feel old) and one assumes Kate is too...plus one has to wonder where the Sokovia Accords draws the line between 'enhanced' people and just really really skilled people with fancy toys. And I suppose both of the above apply to Riri too since I gather the actress they've cast is also in her 20's (though wasn't she a teen in the comics?)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    The Nth Doctor likes this.
  13. Guy Gardener

Kate is an Heiress, who turned her back on her family.

A 16 year old billionaire is the same as a 23 year old pulling down McDonalds money?

(Not even close.)

Haven't the accords been dropped?

They never said so, but Cap and his friends, other than Antman did not have to go to jail.

The Slovakian accords, like most international law, would have been unenforceable after the snap since half the signatory countries didn't exist any more.

Once an equilibrium was found, a new deal would have been put in place.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    Ar-Pharazon likes this.
  14. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The accords applied directly to Iron Man, Ant-man, Hawkeye and Black Widow so it was pretty broad. But whether it still applies or not is unclear.

As for Riri I think in the comics she's a 17 year old college student. She's definitely still underage, at least, because she was subject to Kamala's Law/CRADLE. She might be older in the show, but it's fairly common for 20 somethings to play teenagers, too.

Reverend likes this.
  15. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I may be misremembering but I think the Accords were mentioned in passing on Wandavision.
    Even if not; the Sokovia Accords are like the Geneva Convention. It doesn't just magically disappear (only people do that) because it can't be enforced. As for people not going to jail post snap and/or post blip; most everyone on the wanted list showed up to save the universe, so they probably all got pardons. I mean Barton spent half a decade murdering his way around the world and he got to go home. Compared to his charge of "literal mass murder" anything anyone else is wanted for seems trivial.

16. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Care to go into detail about your view?

17. TREK_GOD_1

She's dead (Sam confirmed it, and brought her corpse back as an example / closure). Sharon knows how to kill, and there are targets even a super soldier cannot weather / survive.

18. Guy Gardener

Episode 5.

Reverend likes this.
  19. TREK_GOD_1

Agreed. More than enough examples from comic history where anyone who had their secret identity exposed brought danger and in some cases death to those in their private life.

dupersuper likes this.
  20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

And there are those who don't bother with secret IDs and are just fine.

Really, a Secret ID isn't worth much in today's society and it just exists to create false drama.

Skipper likes this.