Spoilers Supernatural Season 13

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Oct 13, 2017.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I've been wondering what those are. Giant Angel Blades would be pretty freaky.

During the Purgatory storyline, we didn't know about the Big Empty, I don't think. It's very possible that whoever dies in Purgatory goes there, which means that Benny might be there.

It can't be a coincidence that we've learned that all the dead Angels are sleeping in Purgatory just as the remaining Angels begin to complain about their depleted ranks. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a mass resurrection-- but I wonder if that will include demons.

2. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

Turns out...you're right!

http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Universe_(All_Along_the_Watchtower)#cite_note-0
    https://twitter.com/clarissa373/status/927944961277935618

Demons seem unlikely since Mark Sheppard has said he isn't coming back. I can't imagine they'd do demons without bringing back Crowley.

3. RJDiogenes

Credit to Farscape One for that. I wonder how they're used.

Yeah, that's a pity.

4. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the credit.

I was thinking that perhaps they had something to do with how the Apocalypse World got that way. A catalyst for the mass death and such... heaven's equivalent of nukes.

Or perhaps this is what was went meant when it was said in seasons 4 and 5 about how the Michael/Lucifer showdown would destroy the world, especially since it is said that this Michael is much more powerful.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

[​IMG]

It's going to be a very long wait until Jan. 18th. I want to know if any other people (alt-Bobby?) will cross into our boys' universe, what universe are they in now (evil Jurassic world?) and what exactly alt-Michael wants with our universe. And will Chuck step in at some point to straighten all this crap out?

Bah humbug. I don't want to wait!

6. RJDiogenes

Dinosaurs on Supernatural? That would be fantastic. :D

I'd love to see Chuck again, too, but I don't want him to become a Charles Ex Machina. And will Amara still be hanging out with him?

7. Farscape One

I know the feeling. Such a long wait for SLIDERS... I mean, SUPERNATURAL... to come back.

8. RJDiogenes

Ah, I miss Sliders. The original Sliders, anyway.

Qonundrum likes this.
  9. Farscape One

Me, too. I enjoyed all those seasons except the last, the fifth season. They are all on dvd.

10. RJDiogenes

I have the first several seasons, but I didn't like it after Wade and the Professor left. I actually enjoyed it more when the O'Connells left and Tembi Locke joined the cast, and they sort of got back to basics.

Qonundrum likes this.
  11. Farscape One

The idea behind season 5 was good, yes, but what killed it for me was the 'merging' of Quinn into Mallory.

12. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

Sliders was a great show that got ruined by real life...the cast changes were the result of some rather nasty disputes behind the scenes (or so I read someplace). It's a pity because the original cast were really good...at least we kept Remmie until the end, Cleavant Derricks was phenomenal in that role.

EmoBorg and Qonundrum like this.
  13. Qonundrum

Qonundrum Vice Admiral Admiral

Seasons 1 and 2 are the best, but of the remaining three, season 5 is the best by far. They did get back to basics, had an inventive solution for Q-Ball as well. Or at least a less corny one to explain a different actor in the same (originally lead!) role.

Remmie did get some great moments in the later years, early on he was hit or miss. Cleavant Derricks did much with the role and he made it far more than the sum of its parts. He saw the potential of the everyday normal person trope and did wonders. (Quinn was the brainiac, Arturo was the cynical professor calling everyone a blistering idiot, Wade was also an everyday trope but she also had the cliché loooove interest... Remmie was arguably the most engaging as a result, though it was much fun watching Arturo do his shtick too. John Rhys-Davies did get a raw deal, especially how he wanted to leave in season 3 and how even his penned episode was butchered. Can't blame him, I easily sided with his wants for the show.) Remmie's character arc, where he effectively becomes the group's leader in later years, was way-cool as well. Hated how they ended it on a cliffhanger, with him of all people risking his life. Yes, there's more drama and emotional attachment to the sole original Slider, but the return is short-lived and that's not taking into the account that it was a season finale, series finale, intentional - the hopes that fans would do a call-in to get a sixth season didn't work. :( http://sliders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Seer

14. RJDiogenes

Agreed. That character really added nothing and didn't do anything to keep Quinn on the team.

Yeah, I heard about some problems between Sabrina Lloyd and Kari Wuhrer. There was also a lot of stupid network intereference.

At least it was a cliffhanger where we can easily assume that he was successful.

15. auntiehill

[​IMG]

New episode tonight! (*squee*)

We are getting the much-anticipated episode, "Wayward Sisters," which will help set-up the future spin-off.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh man, are we going to see some demon dinosaurs tonight? Can a demon possess a dinosaur?

17. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't believe they are wasting this episode on this girl drama. 15 minutes in and I'm bored as hell give me Sam and Dean dammit.

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it.

Also this was the backdoor pilot for the spin off.

That ending though.

19. auntiehill

I loved it, too. I'm already looking forward to seeing the new series. And, as to the "girl drama" comment, I believe the characters of Jodie and Donna have already passed puberty and haven't been "girls" in quite some time.

We will get back to the Winchester drama next week. But the dream walker is dead, so will alt-Kai get them there or Jack or.....something else?

20. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jodie and Donna yes, but the rest of them no, but really everyone is still a kid at heart. But nah just didn't like the characters or atleast how CW seem to write shows anymore.
    Plus unless they are going to do a sliders version, or do something totally different from Supernatural, then I just wouldn't be interested. And killing that dream walker girl sucked as I kind of liked her.