Spoilers Strange New Worlds General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by NewHeavensNewEarth, Feb 6, 2020.

1. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

With the Pike show nearing full confirmation (reportedly/allegedly), here's a thread for news, hopes, fears and the usual randomness. Will the show be Star Trek: Pike to take its place alongside Picard? PIK and PIC? Let's discuss.

Edit: How about a title like "Strange New Worlds"? Has a nice ring to it. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show should be called "Star Trek: Exploration" if the show is going to be about exploring. That or "The Pike Adventures."

Jason

Timofnine and Phil123 like this.
  3. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek - Origins or Star Trek - NCC 1701 is what I would call a Pike show.

4. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

@King Daniel Beyond shared an article that looks promising, although not a final confirmation.

Some people have expressed reservations about the show because of some degree of fatalism that would presumably be interwoven in (regarding the training accident), but I think it might be 1 more way that the show could have a different twist than the other Treks. There are so many ways an individual can handle that (even "Groundhog Day" has a fair number of examples with its main character), and while there would be countless other adventures to explore, even that underpinning could give it extra nuance.

5. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

I could have done without the accident foreshadow in Disco, so I'd hope they ignore what's coming, and focus on some quality science fiction story telling.

Perhaps oddly, I hope it has a lower budget than Disco. Force it to be more about concepts and story than action. There's action everywhere, including on Disco, let's see some unique cerebral stuff.

Dryson and lawman like this.
  6. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Commodore Commodore

I still hope that a Pike show is just the all-too-obvious low-hanging fruit a lot of fans would be comfortable with, which is exactly why a great showrunner would never do it in order to surprise them (and critics) with something they didn’t know they wanted.

7. Ralphis

Ralphis Captain Captain

"Star Trek: 1701" gets my vote.

Imaus likes this.
  8. Jayson1

I like "Star Trek NCC 1701" as well. Another one to toss out is "Star Trek "Missions of the Enterprise" or ""Star Trek:Where No Man Has Gone Before."

Jason

9. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go the comic book title route and call it "Star Trek: Year One."

Kor

10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

why not just call it "Star Trek". I'm really hoping this show gets greenlit this year. and they fast track to come out by the end of Next year.

Amasov likes this.
  11. Boris Skrbic

Boris Skrbic Commodore Commodore

Why? Wouldn’t you rather be surprised?

12. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I so want for this show to happen - I want more of the perfection that is Anson Mount as Christopher Pike. And I also love the "Star Trek: 1701" title idea. :)

13. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

I hope that if this ever gets made it will have more standalone stories. DSC and PIC have very arc-heavy storylines so it would be nice to have something different. Maybe something like the final season of ENT. Two or three episode storylines and then move onto the next one. Classic Enterprise arrives at the planet, something happens, stuff gets resolved and then move to the next one.

14. Jayson1

Already used that title twice now. Maybe they should do that modern thing and just call it ST.

Jason

15. MrPicard

MrPicard Jean-Luc's Loving Husband Fleet Captain

I'd like that as well. Or maybe an arc that runs through the season (or more than one) that can be put into the background when needed to allow for standalone episodes. (Kinda like The X Files did it with the mythology arc and the monster of the week episodes.)

16. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

"The Enterprise".

17. Wulff359

Wulff359 Lieutenant Red Shirt

We had Star Trek Beyond, so why not Star Trek B-4? :whistle:

But seriously - I just hopr it won't be Star Trek: Pike. 'Cause then we will have Star Trek: Erwin, Star Trek: Fritz, Star Trek: Llewellyn... That would be just dumb...

18. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Star Trek: Uncaged

kkt, oberth, Jerikka Dawn and 7 others like this.
  19. Phil123

Phil123 Commander Red Shirt

Hahahahaha

kkt likes this.
  20. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

Star Trek: Early Voyages? (A nod to the Pike comic) or Star Trek New Voyages?