Spoilers Stargirl - Season One Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by thribs, May 18, 2020.

1. 11Alive

11Alive Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Why would anybody care about the etymology of the name? Who cares if "Tigress" came first? The point is they saw "Tigress" and somebody apparently thought it might be funny or appropriate if she was a tiger mom. I "mistake" your point because there's no valid point.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm a writer. Do the math. I was just trying to provide some information, but if your response to that is to be rude and insulting, then forget it.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's just the CW, and I use the TV speakers, so it's not a delay with any kind of external sound system.

4. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The lesson of this episode is to not piss off the head cheerleader it seems.
    She seemed like a very Wolverine like character to me. With the claws and regenerative powers
    Stargirl really needs to hide that Hair as it should be pretty obvious for X-23 there to recognise her.

is the janitor Etrigan?

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sir justin the shining Knight.

Also a friend of Merlin.

Greg Cox likes this.
  6. Guy Gardener

So, what's a tigger mom then?

7. Christopher

More like "Don't be a hot dog ignoring the importance of teamwork." Courtney was really acting dumb this week, and the blatant parallel with Cindy's me-first impatience didn't make her look any better.

I didn't see claws. She deployed a knife blade from her sleeve, in keeping with her villain name (and the episode title), "Shiv." In the comics, Shiv has an armored costume much like the one here, with various bladed weapons built in. The healing factor is new to the show, it seems.

Her voice is pretty distinctive too. And Pat yelling "Courtney!" certainly didn't help.

Nope.
    Sir Justin, the Shining Knight.

8. thribs

thribs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Any relation to the Shovel Knight?

9. Guy Gardener

Cousins.

Kissing cousins.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk Tomorrow Never Knows Premium Member

The wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is Tiggers are wonderful things
    Thier tops are made out of rubbers
    Their bottoms are made out fo springs
    They're bouncy, trouncy, founcy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
    But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is
    I'm the only one
    The wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is Tiggers are wonderful chaps
    They're loaded with vim and with vigor
    And love to leap in your laps
    They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
    Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
    But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
    Is
    I'm the only one
    Tiggers are wonderful fellahs
    Tiggers are awfully sweet
    Everyone else is jealous

11. Guy Gardener

I don't think Cindy is biologically Dragon Master's daughter. She is his greatest experiment. I think Cindy is the biological daughter of a hero, who dragon master raised to be a villain.

12. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commander Red Shirt

For a show based around the lead character - she is quickly becoming my least favorite reason to watch.

After Pat's speech at the end of the last episode to Courtney about listening and teamwork, I thought it would have sunk in; yet here she is not listening to Pat when he's trying to explain to Courtney and the others who the Injustice Society is, then nearly getting her butt handed to by Shiv and having to be rescued by the Shining Knight, instead of going to Pat with suspicions.

She could have stumbled across the meeting of the Injustice Society and been captured or worse and put her family and friends in danger.

Although Pat wasn't too bright calling out Courtney's name.

Granted he didn't know she had changed into her Stargirl outfit, but once he saw the cosmic staff he should have been clued in.

And why are Courtney and Yolanda keeping their costumes at school.

Caretaker likes this.
  13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

In Courtney's case, she's already had one close call where her mom almost stumbled onto it at home. Probably scared her into keeping at school instead.

And Yolanda's parents don't trust her at all after the sexting incident. Probably search her room on a regular basis.

14. Guy Gardener

They search Yolanda's room for her boobs?

You probably mean a moritorium on screens.

Was there a scene where they tried to synch phones and Yolanda said that she did not have a phone?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Greg Cox likes this.
  15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

Well the janitor keeps his mystic sword in the broom closet next to the mop.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know how dark the show wants to go - we already have a villain leader who is killing people, including a kid and if the show really wants to go all in i fully expect them to kill another kid due to Courtney's stupidity and inability to listen which may cost her a teammate.

I don't expect that to happen though - if it were a Netflix or any other "serious" streaming service besides Disney+ it would be a possibility to drive this point home but i could see Courtney being directly responsible for some serious injuries besides herself which will be the cause for her to take this very seriously. Her current injury might do the trick too - if not for the janitor (who i knew he'd play a role later on as soon as he started to pop up regularly) she'd probably be dead right now.

Shiv (can't even remember her character name, she's just that much generic cheerleader/bitch female high school queen whuch we've seen a thousand times in high school movies/shows) is confusing now - she was a bitch right from the start, then for a short while she somewhat displayed human qualities when Courtney approached her only to become an even worse superbitch in the same episode.

I hope all this leads somewhere because despite the flaws and inconsistencies i do like the show and time flies by when watching the episodes.

17. Christopher

Cindy Burman.

18. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This show has really become a breath of fresh air so far. Just a pure superhero show at this point. Fun to watch, and so far, most of this season has been spent setting up the universe and doing origins and introductions. Once that is out of the way, they have a shot at making some special stories. This was one of the better episodes.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Courtney was kind of annoying this week, with her being so overeager to go after the ISA. It's ridiculous for her to think that a group of untrained teenagers could really handle a group who took out an entire team of adult heroes who had probably been active for decades by the time they died. I know she's a naïve teenager, but you'd think there'd be at least a bit more cautious when it comes to the ISA.
    Other than that I enjoyed this one, it was interesting getting to see more of Cindy, and the big fight with her and Courtney at the end was pretty cool. Turns out she's even scary outside of school than in it. It felt like this might have been setting her up to be Courtney's big personal nemesis.
    I was surprised we got the big reveal that the janitor was Shining Knight, I figured they were going to save that for closer to the end of the season. So if he's a knight of Camelot, does that mean the sword is Excalibur and the old cup in the janitor's closet is The Holy Grail?

20. Kirk Prime

Kirk Prime Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Courtney is being a normal teenager. She thinks she knows all and can do all, and doesn't get that there are certain things only experience can provide.

I can't wait to see more of the Shining Knight. I'm also hoping we see the Vigilante as well.