Star Wars Rebels Season Four (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Stephen!, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Vice Admiral Admiral

It’s rumoured that Ahsoka will be coming to battlefront 2 at some point, so they’d also need to design a realistic version of her for that as well.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Back when she was first introduced, if someone had said she'd end up being this big of fan favorite, they probably would have been laughed off the internet.

jaime and Tuskin38 like this.
  3. Tuskin38

In early clone wars she was pretty annoying, but she grew up over time, like people do.

publiusr likes this.
  4. flavaflav

flavaflav Fleet Captain Premium Member

I just finished a rewatch of Clone Wars and she wasn't nearly as annoying as I remember. The "Sky Guys" are cringe worthy, but that's really typical teenager lameness.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I found Ahsoka so incredibly annoying in the Clone Wars animated theatrical release that I didn't even watch the series until years later when it dropped on Netflix. Now, I think she's one of the best developed and complex characters in the entire saga. (And I still hate the theatrical release.)

6. Tosk

Tosk Vice Admiral Admiral

Same. Ahsoka is at maximum density annoying in the Clone Wars movie...but then the movie itself is the least watchable Clone Wars content there is, so it's to be expected.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

you must be forgetting about Ziro the Hutt. I thought he was even more annoying than Ahsoka.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought Ziro the Hutt was great, and the plotline involving Sy Snootles was brilliant. :shrug:

10. Tuskin38

The movie had that great scene where Ahsoka brought up sand.

11. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, the movie isn't all that bad if you just think of it as four episodes back to back and view it as part of a chronological re-watch. Hell, I'll take the "Jabba's son has been kidnapped" arc over the "R2 and a bunch of other droids get ordered around by a frog" arc any day! Even Ahsoka at her most obnoxious is still preferable to Gascon. Plus of course Ahsoka doesn't grate quite as much when you know this is the starting point of her character arc, not the status quo.

Don't get me wrong though, as a movie in it's own right it doesn't really work at all.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It takes a lot for me to not like something, and even I don't like the droids/Gascon arc.:scream:

13. Tuskin38

I like the end of the Gascon arc because of Gregor.

14. Reverend

Previously on "Ahsoka Is Somehow Gandalf Apparently"...

And now: a Christmas message from Dave Filloni.
    [​IMG]

For those not up on their Tolkien lore, that is a verse from 'Upon The Hearth The Fire Is Red' (the third verse of which was quite memorably featured in the RotK movie.) However, this specific verse is from much later in the book and is sung quietly by Frodo as he makes his way with Sam to the Grey Havens, and as such it feels steeped in concepts of death and moving beyond.

Interestingly, "West of the moon, East of the Sun" seems to be an allusion to a Norwegian fairy tale about a girl who must journey to the titular impossible land (an "unknown region", one might say...) to rescue a Prince (who is also a bear...)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
    Tuskin38 likes this.
  15. flavaflav

Rebels Celebration panel will be Saturday 4-13 @ 12:45 central

16. flavaflav

Here's a link to a stream of the panel:
    It's decent quality... as long as the guy filming is keeping his mouth shut.

17. flavaflav

The Rebels panel in a nutshell: Filoni is having fun not answering questions about "where's Ezra?"

Anyways, it's a fun panel and worth a watch... especially the last 5 minutes or so.

18. Reverend

They're streaming it on the official channel now.

flavaflav likes this.
  19. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Five episodes, since Clone Wars Season One was originally going to be 26 episodes and "Hostage Crisis" would be part of season 2.

20. Reverend

It's four. You can see where the episode breaks would be and everything. Besides, the 90 min runtime isn't enough to cram in five 22min episodes, but is just about right for four episodes with an extra scene here and there to make the transitions a little more smooth.