News Star Trek Voyager Documentary

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Paul Camuso, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Update #29 from The Star Trek Voyager Documentary

October Interviews and Updates on Postcards

Hello Voyager fans!

OCTOBER SHOOTS
    We are still finishing up some final interviews and some bonus footage that we hope will take this documentary to new heights. Below are a couple shoots from the last few weeks.

[​IMG]

The amazing Roxann Dawson, being interview by producer, Lolita Fatjo

[​IMG]

Mr. Tim Russ, doing something we believe has never before been done in a Star Trek doc.

VOYAGER DOC POSTCARDS
    For those of you waiting on the Delta Quardrant Postcards, they are manufactured, collated, packed, and ready to be shipped out to you! Keep an eye out for them to arrive in the coming days and weeks. Thank you so much for your patience!

WHAT'S NEXT?
    We will be doing a few last (exciting!) shoots and interviews in November to complete the filming of several dozen different personal perspectives on Voyager. Soon, we'll be closing the book on production, and move fully into postproduction. We'll be keeping you updated!

Thank you all for your support, and we'll see you soon.

To The Journey!

2. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Not trying to stir any pots here, but from what I've heard Manu Intirayami wasn't asked to contribute to the documentary. Not sure whether that's a big deal to anyone, though it seems like a notable omission to me.

There's the obvious theory as to why that might have been, but I don't really want to start picking at that right now, in part because I just got home from a convention.

jeng3935 likes this.
  3. Akiraprise

Manu's life choices and opinions don't align with the producer's of this documentary and who they perceive are their intended audience's. So they didn't reach out to him. This is neither condemnation nor praise for Manu's choices. I'm sure they didn't reach out to Jennifer Lien either because she's been troubled. (I don't know if she's in this or not.) I try to stay neutral on any actor's lifestyle choices outside of their work I see on film. From the few news articles I've read over the last couple of years Manu is not exactly popular with the current Trek powers that be.

jeng3935 likes this.
  4. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Is that a quoted fact or an assumption? (I'm not saying it can't be the latter, just confirming.)

5. DonIago

The one most grievous example of him making a clear choice that might have been at odds with TPTB is also something that, to my understanding, he subsequently apologized and attempted to make amenads for.

6. Akiraprise

Just my assumption.

Tosk likes this.
  7. warp-coil

warp-coil Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm disappointed to miss out on supporting this doc and the rewards.

Are these available anywhere else for purchase? Mostly talking the merchandise.

Such an exciting project, looking forward to watching.

8. DonIago

The doc hasn't been released yet. I have my doubts that the merch will be available for purchase (though I can't rule it out), but you might be able to find it on eBay or such.

I have...concerns...about the documentary, which I'm hoping will prove to be largely unfounded.

9. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

What concerns? The DS9 doc was excellent.

DS9forever likes this.
  10. DonIago

I frankly have my doubts that this documentary will exhibit the same level of candor that WWLB seemed to have.

DS9forever likes this.
  11. Tomalak

Why is that? I’m not trying to be difficult, just genuinely curious what I should be expecting from it.

NCC-73515 likes this.
  12. DonIago

I have no idea what you should be expecting, but generally it sounds like there was more drama going on behind the scenes on VOY of the sort that the actors and TPTB might be less comfortable discussing.

While WWLB kind of punted a bit on the Dax issue, it was brought up, and ISB was all too willing to admit that there were areas where DS9 should have been bolder.

Given my experiences with VOY in general, as I said, I am concerned that the documentary won't be willing to explore such things (Eternal Ensign Kim for instance, or Lien's departure, or the apparent tension between the rest of the cast and Jeri Ryan, Mulgrew in particular).

I can understand why we're unlikely to get any new footage of Lien as well, but I'm less clear as to why Manu Intiraymi was ultimately excluded.

13. FloraStone

FloraStone Ensign Newbie

Roxanne still has those arms....

14. Tomalak

I don't see why they wouldn't talk about the difficulties - they're all pretty clear in the Voyager Celebration book, and Mulgrew/Ryan have talked extensively about their tensions in interviews and conventions.

15. FloraStone

FloraStone Ensign Newbie

I know GW has been pretty vocal about them in the past, almost to the point of tears.

jeng3935 likes this.
  16. DonIago

(shrugs) I'm not sure what you're hoping for from me here? I haven't seen it, and I've made it clear that I just have "concerns". Concerns that may prove to have been entirely unfounded.

17. Akiraprise

Debated whether or not to post this as it really isn't much of a VOY documentary update but rather stumping for another doc... but they've labelled it update #30 so here it is anyway.
    Update #30 from The Star Trek Voyager Documentary

New Indiegogo Campaign
    The 7th Rule -- a Star Trek content show featuring DS9's Cirroc Lofton ("Jake Sisko"), our coproducer, Ryan T. Husk, and dozens of top Star Trek special guests -- has just launched a NEW INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN and it is wildly successful in just a few hours.

Their huge news is that they've teamed up with another Legacy Star Trek series regular and have announced that she will be joining them as they move into covering her Star Trek series.

The campaign has subscriptions, IMDb credits, public shoutouts, sponsorships, Special Thanks/Producer opportunities, etc.. available. It's a short, 20-day campaign and most perks are very limited in number, so jump on it quick.

Check out their big announcement and Campaign page HERE.

Special Discounts for Voyager Doc Backers
    The 7th Rule is offering special discounted "Secret Perks" to Voyager Documentary backers. So before you decide on anything, please take a look at these exclusive perks. These can only be accessed by clicking the links below and selecting the level at the top marked "SECRET."

SECRET SPECIAL THANKS LEVEL

SECRET COMMANDER/ASSOCIATE PRODUCER LEVEL

SECRET EXECUTIVE PRODUCER LEVEL

November Interviews
    As you may know, we'll be conducting more in-depth interviews this month for the Voyager Documentary. We are so excited for these and cannot wait for you to experience the final product. Please take a look at our previous update for more information on our October interviews.

We'll be keeping you updated on the November shoots in the coming days.

We'll see you soon

DonIago likes this.
  18. Tomalak

I'm not "hoping" for anything, just continuing the discussion and suggesting why your concerns may well be unfounded. :)

19. jeng3935

jeng3935 Ensign Red Shirt

I know alot of fans have gotten tickets for the Voy documentary premiere whenever it occurs. I didn't get tickets when they were available; however, I did manage to preorder the DVD of the documentary and watch it whenever it gets here! I'm looking forward to seeing it!
    As far as Manu is concerned, I think they did the right thing. Not going to stir the pot, but I've heard some not so good things about Manu and his involvement with the fans of the show.
    As far as Jennifer Lien is concerned, I hope she is doing well at least.
    I am honestly going to wait and see the Documentary first hand before I form my own opinion about it. I'm going in with no expectations at the moment.

20. Akiraprise

Been awhile since they've had an update...
    Update #31 from The Star Trek Voyager Documentary

Pre-Cruise Drinks Event Tickets Available and Live Update

Hello!
    We hope the New Year has been treating you well!

Pre-Cruise Drinks Event
    We've got three tickets left for the Pre-Star Trek Cruise Drinks Event! On the night before the Cruise sets sail, hang out at a fancy local spot with several of your favorite Star Trek actors, with a couple beverages and some great snacks on us. These virtual tickets are available as the "featured perk" here: https://igg.me/at/voydocevents

Live Production Update
    We'll have a live panel update in less than two weeks, during Virtual Trek Con 4. Questions will be answered and big news will be shared. More information on that coming in a few days!

Thank you again for your support, and we'll see you soon!