News Star Trek Voyager Documentary

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Paul Camuso, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Paul Camuso

Paul Camuso Ensign Newbie

Hi!
    I'm Paul and I'm one of the Producers of the Star Trek Voyager Documentary. I wanted to introduce myself. T'Bonz said it would be fine to post here.
    We are launching an Indiegogo for the documentary next Monday March 1, 2021. I wanted to make you aware of it.

You can find it here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-star-trek-voyager-documentary/coming_soon
    We have @VoyDocumentary on Twitter, we have a page on Facebook also called Voydocumentary, and Instagram, etc...
    You cannot miss us.
    The Production Team has done a number of Documentaries from Mind Meld, to The Captains to the recent Deep Space Nine Documentary. So we have a great track record.

There's going to be some really cool perks and such.
    I'm here if you have questions.
    Nice to meet you all.

Paul

2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looking forward to it!

Paul Camuso likes this.
  3. GulBahana

GulBahana Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I wonder if they'll have it in theatres like the DS9 one was. They should be open again by the time this is finished.

4. Paul Camuso

We certainly will be looking to duplicate the success of our DS9 documentary.

ThreeEdgedSword likes this.
  5. Akiraprise

Akiraprise Vice Admiral Moderator

Welcome! Hope the fundraising goes well!

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I'm looking forward to seeing what the process and benefits are like for the Voyager Doc. I am hoping you might make things a little clearer when you write in the benefits depending on how much we donate to the project. One of the things that bothered me about the DS9 documentary was they had a tier where you could pay for the digital copy, but you weren't even allowed to keep the digital copy. I ended up having to watch the thing on my Ipad rather than through the Apple TV and just that whole process was confusing. They should have actually delivered on the digital copy promise, where ok you can see it for a limited time, but then you are given a code you can use through either amazon or Itunes (Maybe go through Movies Anywhere) where you can always have the digital copy and can see the doc anytime you want.

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  8. Paul Camuso

Hi Tomalak!

I think you misread the deliverables of the $15 "Now Streaming..." perk for What We Left Behind. The original perk was for early viewing of the completed movie before the DVD and BluRay disc was out. It was never a digital download.
    If you go to the Indiegogo page for the documentary you would see the offering:
    ===========================
    Now Streaming...
    $15 USD
    Be one of the first people to watch the completed film with early access to the digital stream of the film. Plus access to the Online Video Library throughout production, and your name on our website.
    Included Items
    • Online Video Library
    • Digital Stream
    • Name On Website
    ===========================

It was a limited time early viewing stream of the finished movie not a download. We had a number of headaches with the service we hired to do the streaming and actually had to extend the timeframe window as their servers were not adequate to handle the traffic.

We will NOT be offering that type of perk this time around nor will there be a digital download from the crowdfunding either. Once we find a distributor of the movie; that distributor may offer a digital download but that is down the road once we finish the movie.

Best,
    Paul

9. Paul Camuso

For those interested, the Indiegogo will start approximately at midnight Pacific Time tonight. (GMT -8)

And you can find it once it goes live here:
    www.igg.me/at/voydoc

Note: the page will appear blank until it goes live. We have a first day goal and everyone who orders something on the first day will also get a free First Day pin. Details once the page goes live (in approximately 8 hours from now.)

10. publiusr

publiusr Vice Admiral Admiral

Great news

11. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The location tours are nice - you can actually still find the rock Odo landed on as a bird ;)

12. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Rear Admiral Premium Member

Just contributed to this. I'm a little poor this month so it just had to be the $25 for the copy of the film, but I really wanted the pin sets. They look so cute.

The swag bag looks cool as well, with a t-shirt, all pin sets, and an autographed call sheet. :eek:

Like the DS9 one, I couldn't not contribute, I just hope it's as good.

13. Captain Moe

Captain Moe Commander Red Shirt

Just pledged went for the bragging rights tier.

14. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Rear Admiral Premium Member

OK spoke to the hubby and I'm having the full set of pins. as well, now They can be an early anniversary/birthday pressie! :beer:

15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

They’ve already broken 200k

Zod likes this.
  16. frankieteardrop

frankieteardrop Commander Red Shirt

I sprang for the Janeway "Macrocosm" t-shirt.

17. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I never knew I needed Janeway's coffee mug until this moment. It didn't seem to be available as an add-on for the 'bragging rights' package though, sadly.

18. Zod

Zod Captain Captain

FULLY FUNDED! YAY!

Congrats to the organizers and a hearty thank you. Can't wait. Typing this while I am listening to the Delta Flyers

19. indiegogo

indiegogo Cadet Newbie

Hi we're the team at Indiegogo! 455 Films, team behind the DS9 doc and For the Love of Spock has launched a new crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo — a documentary on Voyager! So we'll be interviewing Garrett Wang on our @indiegogo Instagram account. It'll be on March 2 at 2 PM PT. We hope you'll join us and watch along! And here's the link to support the crowdfunding campaign to make this new Voyager documentary happen: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-star-trek-voyager-documentary

[​IMG]

20. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Cadet Newbie

Hey I recognize Mr. Camuso's name. Backed it same as the DS9 doc, which was so great!

Paul Camuso likes this.