Spoilers Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 2x09 - "Subspace Rhapsody"

Hit it!

• Total voters
I just got a shipping notification from my record store letting me know that my copy of the soundtrack should be at my house the beginning of next week! Hopefully it doesn't get damaged in transit, I'm looking forward to checking it out.
Yup, got a shipping note today as well and hope to have it by the weekend. Still baffled they didn’t put that out to coincide with the airing of the episode, but I’m just glad we’re getting this after all. :)

Yup, got a shipping note today as well and hope to have it by the weekend. Still baffled they didn’t put that out to coincide with the airing of the episode, but I’m just glad we’re getting this after all. :)
I'm also very happy we're getting a physical release! I was going to buy a CD or whatever they made of it. I agree on how long it took, although I wonder if they were worried about how well the episode would be received.

Anything unique about the release from the ones they brought out digitally?
As far as I know not really, no. The tracklist seems to be identical to the digital release. And if you’re not someone who really cares about having the music on a neatly designed physical medium, complete with the album art printed as a large, beautiful record sleeve with liner notes and stills from the episode to hold in your hands and gaze at while you listen to the music, then this won’t really do anything for you. But if you’re like me this will just be a cool thing to own. :)

The release of the audio download was fairly prompt, IIRC. Maybe they wanted to gauge sales from that?

I'm not into musicals but the episode is fun and edgy.
And I prefer the singing Klingons over the dead serious DISCO Klingons ;)

As a big Buffy fan, it was super clear that they watched Once More With Feeling in the writer's room.

That is not a complaint. Good writers borrow; great writers steal.
They didn’t hide the fact, they mentioned it in interviews.

They even referenced the bunny line from the Buffy episode in the episode.

Back