Spoilers Star Trek: Prodigy General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by The Overlord, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Commodore Commodore

I have a feeling that SFA is going to be targeting an older audience than Prodigy does, early 20s rather than mid teens. So it'll be more of a CW show than a Nickelodeon show.

drt, gweeps, Markonian and 1 other person like this.
  2. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shows featuring young characters typically are produced to appeal to viewers a few years younger than the characters themselves, as it's meant as sort of aspirational viewing. Hence I think the intention is for Starfleet Academy to appeal to teens.

3. Ralph O Ward III

Ralph O Ward III Lieutenant Red Shirt

Seems that according to Star trek #6, Scott and Tores invented protowarp

4. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Just one brief thought... they need to find a way to sneak Jonathan Frakes into PRO. Will Riker, Tom Riker, a holodeck version, whatever... he's done at least a cameo in pretty much every other Trek.

Lord Hobbers and Turtletrekker like this.
  5. gweeps

gweeps Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nah, More Voyager characters first please.

6. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Agreed, for the main cast. I think Harry should turn up as Janeway's first officer... since this is post-VOY by about 4y, lieutenant commander rank would be about right. Let's break the "eternal ensign" crowd's hearts once and for all. :evil:

I'm more thinking, Janeway hails another ship, and there he is on the monitor. They talk, and then that's that. And Jonathan's done everything except Short Treks. :hugegrin:

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

When it comes to Jonathan Frakes, it's a question of when, not if he'll get involved with a Trek series.

drt, Campe, Commander Troi and 2 others like this.
  8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    The fact he wasn't in any of the three Kelvin Timeline films as himself, a Riker from that timeline or a lookalike character is a bit of a surprise given how we came kinda close to Dominic Keating playing Kirk's uncle in Iowa and becoming not only a lead character in a Prequel series but also a Kirk family member in a movie.

9. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

He offered to direct ST Kelvin IV, though. If he did, that would certainly count as involvement.

10. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

while I do want newer characters I have always seen Prodigy as a spiritual successor to Voyager so I’m not against having more Voyager characters show up. I wouldn’t even mind Seven showing up even though I think prodigy takes place several years before Picard.

Commander Troi likes this.
  11. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Well before. PIC is set in 2401, I think... PRO is set in around 2383.

12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Garrett said at a convention today that Picard wasn't allowed to use Harry because of Prodigy...

Wouter and Commander Troi like this.
  13. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

Wow... do you have a link?

14. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wouter and Sumire like this.
  15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

137th Gebirg likes this.
  16. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Was thinking the same thing. Thank God that didn’t happen.

17. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

I always understood that Harry could canonically return in one of three ways, barring time travel shenanigans.

Since Picard and Prodigy both seem to give characters a realistic arc, Harry would almost certainly FINALLY get a higher canonical rank on either one of them. Sorry, eternal ensign crowd (actually not sorry at all :angryrazz: ), but having him stuck at that rank after Voyager's return when he's served as well as he has... it won't fly with competent showrunners.

The other possibility was that he would return on Lower Decks, maybe the way Garrett himself suggested. And while I wouldn't have been as pleased with that outcome, I figure that if anyone had the right to choose the character's destiny, it was the guy who brought him to life. And a heartfelt scene with him and Boimler, who also got stuck at ensign rank under... questionable circumstances, would have been cute.

Markonian, Wouter and Commander Troi like this.
  18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will say, if Harry did show up with a higher rank, I already have the perfect rant prepared about canon violations, betrayal and my resignation from the Fandom.

19. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Remember the music Dal plays in Kobayashi that was clearly a...*ahem* "homage" to AC/DC's Thunderstruck? I just noticed that the cue is called Lightningboom. Sly buggers. :D

20. Oddish

Oddish Admiral Admiral

And you may be assured that if he shows up as a hapless ensign, my own rant will be no less savage.

And I know that there are many who agree with both of us. So I guess the question is... which side are they going to choose to piss off?