Star Trek: Picard teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Soong-type Android, May 23, 2019.

1. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In universe, it's a coincidence. He's using the same TNG stardate system, and it was not Earth year 47988 in All Good Things.

Also the jellyfish never said the word year, just commissioned stardate 2387.

Stardates are created by an unknown (to us) process in universe. Out of universe we have orci's new rules for kelvin movies from interviews that coincidentally match earth years in key instances , but the correlation at all times is not canon and orci's ruleset is never stated on screen

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  2. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Dude gets WAY too damned worked up about it. Or he likes showing off his knowledge of French wine and grape facts.

I must summon legal advocate The Sisko

"IS IT NOT POSSIBLE THAT VITICULTURE COULD HAVE CHANGED IN THE 300 YEARS SINCE YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OF IT.. IS IT NOT.... POSSSIBLE?"

urbandk and SJGardner like this.
  3. SJGardner

SJGardner Commodore Commodore

But imagine how hilarious it will be when the first episode ends up being about Picard finally bottling his first batch of Burgundy, expecting to get all the official quality marks etc. for it...
    He spends most of the episode trying to get everything in order, perfectly cushioning the crate to avoid all damage, traveling to the county seat and waiting for five hours in a line at the prefecture... only for the quality inspector taking a single cursory glance at his wine and saying "But Monsieur, these are Bordeaux bottles."

Cue a slowly zooming-in closeup of Picard's face with a look of utter, horrified embarrassment as the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme starts playing.

Ar-Pharazon, urbandk, Rahul and 4 others like this.
  4. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I will never get that out of my head now, thank you. I mean it.

urbandk and SJGardner like this.
  5. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If the referenced tragedy is the Hobus star supernova, perhaps something else occurred that would tie Picard in directly? For instance, we've seen Q put humanity on trial more than once, but we've never seen another humanoid species subjected to the same scrutiny. Perhaps the Romulans failed some kind of morality test, something Picard assured Q that they would pass, and Hobus was the result? A warp-speed supernova that moved faster and farther than Federation science would have predicted.

I'm just spit-balling here, but I think that would suit audiences better than another tired Section 31 plot.

6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Star Trek has always been 'on the nose', ever since TOS.

7. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I'm glad to see Star Trek have a conscience and not be afraid to show it, if it comes to it, either.

8. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don’t get hangover from wine. Well, atleast I don’t. And I have been at parties where 3 people downed about 10 bottles or so.

9. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

oh, you can.

10. ITDUDE

ITDUDE Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, if you’re a lightweight ;)

KennyB and XCV330 like this.
  11. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

I just dont do it anymore. Not really a part of my life I'd brag about or recall that fondly.
    Anyway I suspect Picard isn't bottling Mad Dog 2020 or Night Train

12. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

The worst hangovers I've ever had have been red wine-induced. But that's probably down to the quantity, it's too easy to drink.

XCV330 likes this.
  13. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Well I think for a teaser it has done exactly what the name implied..........we have been teased! Hopefully a proper trailer or BTS stuff in Vegas this summer!

XCV330 likes this.
  14. Steve Roby

Steve Roby Rear Admiral Premium Member

I am not alone after all.

413C5960-6053-435D-BF0A-01FA9D35F8E8.jpeg

15. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"How many lights do you see there?"

16. zar

zar Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

His response to that was "it'd take a nuclear war" for culture to change. I wonder if he realizes he just described the whole premise of Star Trek.

17. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

if i were an expert on stop signs, and I saw a stop sign in a current trek series, I would expend no shortage of effort to become the authority on all things Trek-Stop-Sign related.

Someone should remind him that apparently Northern California made it through the Horrors unscathed and they probably STILL make better wine :)

18. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Watching it again and thinking about it, it looks like something that would be a flash back episode. But I don't think they could do that with his age, right?

19. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

They’d really be stretching to do some kind of anti-Trump migrant crisis here- the Romulans had an EMPIRE. They would presumably resettle Romulus people on other Romulan worlds.

20. imdbrefugee

imdbrefugee Lieutenant Red Shirt

Same for me, unfortunately. I got excited seeing Sir Patrick and hearing the flute gave me chills, but then I see people talking about Mobus and Nero and Kelvin and I just shudder and check out. Hopefully my low expectations are unwarranted. Fingers crossed.

Trekker4747 likes this.