Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Perhaps it is the E²

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  2. Timofnine

Timofnine Vice Admiral Moderator

Is that E squared or E to the power of 2? Or does it even matter? :shrug:

3. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Aren't they the same thing?

4. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah both of those mean the same thing: that the ship is actually two ships, one of them from an alternate future and run by the crew's descendents.

5. Timofnine

Timofnine Vice Admiral Moderator

Could it not be the E³?

6. Ray Hardgrit

Ray Hardgrit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, it's only the Borg ships that are cubed.

7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

No, that was cancelled this year.

On a serious note, since they had two of the STO ship artists on Season 2 to bounce ideas off for the Stargazer, maybe they did the same with whatever ship this is.

Richard S. Ta and Lord Exor like this.
  8. dupersuper

dupersuper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1) Yup

2) I take it as her being a different queen with her own...hive?...who were off doing their own thing.

3) His mate had left him by Q2, his kid could be anywhere/when, being a Q and all.

4) Sure.

What in the world are you basing that on?

9. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Commodore Commodore

*raucous applause*

Captain_Amasov likes this.
  10. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Well in "Hide and Seek" she killed at least five of Soong's Borgified henchmen (one hand to hand with Raffi's help, and other four she beamed into the walls of the estate's dungeon).

And it takes experience to kill someone with a bladed weapon (and she was aggressively brandishing it when in Soong's lair, expecting him there).

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  11. dupersuper

I think we have vastly different ideas of who the Fenris Rangers are.

12. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

They're not cutthroat mercenaries, they're out to protect communities and rescue people (though they gotta do what they gotta do against space pirates and other paramilitaries).

13. dupersuper

I mean, 7 seemed pretty conflicted after killing Vagazel, and she tortured and killed Icheb.

14. Richard S. Ta

Just watched Hide and Seek. I think I've pretty much laid out my problems with this show by now. Picard's bit about his Mother was good.

Of all the plot lines I like from best to worst:

1. Jurati/BQ.

2. Rios falling in love.

3. Picard remembering with Not Laris.

4. Raffi / Seven / Elnor Crisis.

5. Soong in a distant, distant fifth. I really wish we'd spent more time with Renee instead.

I scoffed the other week when a poster complained Q didn't appear enough in this season, but IMO he doesn't. He's hardly in it.

The episode was alright. Hoping for a blazing finale.

TedShatner10 and Reanok like this.
  15. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No spoilers but I really liked the finale alot.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  16. Richard S. Ta

^
    Looking forward to it. I really am.

Episode 9 has probably been the worst for me. I just could not hold my attention to it and had to split it into four parts.

Most of Season 2 I have enjoyed. It’s a decent show. It shakes things up and has clear repercussions. It feels like it matters. It’s great to see the Borg pushed into new places. Pill is an absolute treasure and has blown me away this season. Likewise the actor playing the Borg Queen. Whenever they are on screen together, they sing.

Picard himself has suffered I think for not having a strong pairing this Season. It could have been Renee. It could have been Q. It could have been Soong. It could have been not-Laris. It could have been Guinan. But they give him the lot.

I feel like Raffi and Seven, Rios’s Romance, Jurati and the BQ… there has been some very tight writing… but Picard feels too scattered in his own show. He doesn’t feel like the centre of the narrative to me and the narrative he does have is unfocused.

If I may be so bold as to list a few ways I would have ‘fixed’ it, just as a mental exercise, I’d buddy up Picard with a De-Powered Q and play on the odd couple trope. They can’t stand each other on the surface, but they do have a strange affection for each other and as we know, they have chemistry. There's tension between them. History. But potential, huge potential, for lighter moments too.

In my perfect Season 2, Q and Picard would be paired up throughout. Q’s journey would be one of humility in the face of death. Strip layers off him over the season and get to the core of who he is. Also soften the relationship over the story. Finally, genuinely, Episode 10 and they have a ‘moment’ (I’m already spoiled so I know to some extent that does happen).

Loads of Renee, no Soong. She seemed a good character for the episode she was in, but I love NASA type Fall All Mankind stuff. Focus in on Gemini. A season of capers involving 24th Century humans, a depowered God, and the Borg Queen in Mission Control. At the centre of it all is Renee’s struggle with her own doubts and depression. That would be the way into Picard’s memories too. They explore depression together and come out brighter at the end.

Have La Sirena fake up some ID and money in the replicator. Get everyone to better places in the story quicker. Have Raffi and Seven come in as consultants on Gemini. Get the story to Renee and make her and Picard the centre of it…

I also feel they rushed out of the Confederation too early maybe? They could have had an extra episode there and spent more time blending in badly.

Um.

Sorry to go on. Just thoughts really. I thought Season 1 was a bit aimless, but generally alright. Season 2 has been a step up for me. None of the above is to imply that the writers suck or whatever, just random thoughts on what I might have done.

It’s all good though. I’m watching a lot of Star Trek these days. Still haven’t seen SNW 03, PRO or DSC Season 4, but I’ll get on with one of them after I finish E10. I’ve heard a lot of good things.

Additional - I think I might have found the Picard/Mother thing more compelling had I not spoiled myself. That’s my fault.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Reanok and TedShatner10 like this.
  17. Richard S. Ta

Watched the finale and enjoyed it mostly. I need to have a think about it.

Reanok and Turtletrekker like this.
  18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Completely unrelated, Terry also plays Call of Duty, neat.

19. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

20. NewHeavensNewEarth

NewHeavensNewEarth Commodore Commodore

I picture Borg Enterprise as the usual Enterprise except with a cube instead of a saucer. (and the bridge is still on top, like a cherry) :lol: