Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x07 - "Dominion"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 29, 2023.

?

Engage!

1. 10 - Excellent!

15.6%
  2. 9

23.2%
  3. 8

30.4%
  4. 7

16.5%
  5. 6

4.6%
  6. 5

5.1%
  7. 4

1.7%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

0.4%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

1.3%
  1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That really doesn't make sense. You really dislike the show, but continue watching it because you like something from the past. Watching this upsets you yet you keep going on?

2. Mage

Who's forcing you?

3. Cortez

Cortez Commander Red Shirt

Of course I'd want to watch the old crew coming back together again. It's really poor stuff but there's still lovely moments from time to time...most of them involving Frakes. Best thing about the season

jackoverfull likes this.
  4. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain Captain

Of course you can have an alternative position. You made your position clear 5 pages ago, and yet you keep repeating the same basic message. That starts to become tiring.

Turtletrekker, SithHappens and Mage like this.
  5. Mage

Well, atleast your getting something out of it.

For me this is on par with SNW season 1. Some of the best Star Trek in a long time. And this is from someone who's a big TNG and DS9 fan, and feels that SNW season 1 and this season of Picard are AS good as the hightlights of both those shows.

6. Cortez

Cortez Commander Red Shirt

I actually didn't get into my full list of issues concerning the season...just broad strokes while writing here. I'd bore the sh#te out of u if I went into proper detail.

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain Captain

Anyways,

for me this was probably the weakest episode of the season.

Let us start with the good. Brent Spiner's portrayal of Lore and Data was superb. Burton was equally good. Those were probably the best scenes in the episode. Plummer was equally stellar, she made Vadic creepy, and unnerving to watch. She probably did too good of a job, by the time Picard and Beverly decided Vadic needed to dealt with extreme prejudice , I was already going 'Oh kill it, kill it, kill it', instead of questioning their motives.

Basically I view Vadic, the way I view Putin. Yes he is a human beiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing, yes he deserves a fair triiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiial, but if he ends up in a ditch somewhere I would be like :shrug:. Matalas said we were supposed to see Vadic's point of view. Sorry I do not. Her being boiled makes feel disgust for S31, but sympathy for Vadic is missing. Dukat was a more balanced villain, and he was anything but subtle. The acting was great, the writing could have been better.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    ToddCam, jackoverfull and Brainsucker like this.
  8. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

You have clearly never been a fan of a sport where your team never wins :guffaw:

SolarisOne and ToddCam like this.
  9. MrShinzoff

MrShinzoff Lieutenant Red Shirt

I really liked the episode even though it heavily featured my most hated trope in Star Trek: the enemy invading and taking over the ship. But Picard's plan made sense because they were utterly desperate at that point.

I loved the music in the episode too. Plus, Amanda Plumber was brilliant.

10. SithHappens

SithHappens Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Of course, and I did say you are entitled to your opinion, but I can't really say more than Galaxy has already said.

11. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

Well, in Galatia something in your post, a character said "Shut Up". I just add more phrase. :D

Harpsichord likes this.
  12. God's Starship

God's Starship Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Really enjoyed the Vadic stuff but this was definitely the weakest episode of the season. Post episode 4 wrapping up "Act 1" I expected some slowdown as we saw in Ep 5 (which handled it well with a strong emotional thread). But 6-7 are spinning their wheels a little too much, especially this episode where I'm now getting fatigued by the Jack Crusher mystery box.

13. RuleofAcuisition17

RuleofAcuisition17 Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed this episode. Yeah, little exposition heavy as some noted.

Chickens coming home to roost is how this episode's theme felt to me. Good chickens.

Vadic was wonderful, the character development makes a lot of sense, and the way it was all executed.

Jack Crusher Mystery Box continues to be great fun to watch unfold as there's no clue what the hell he actually is, but apparently "psychic puppetry" is now in his repetoire. Good "Act 2" twist.

Loved the TIm Russ Cameo. Think it'd be neat if he was in the Shrike as a prisoner also, but I suspect that was it.

Did Picardo's cameo in Season 2 get cut, or is he going to turn up somewhere in this?

Who knows.

14. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Not quite as good as the rest of the season has been so far, but there were still a lot of great character moments in here, with Geordi trying to get through to Data. His breaking down when talking about Data's death was a nice touch as well.

I was hoping to see a follow-up with the Riker/Troi being captured, but I guess Worf and Raffi will turn up next week.

I love Amanda Plummer as well, Vadic is an enthralling villain.

15. The Rock

The Rock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why did Altan Soong program Lore's personality as part of the new Data-like android? Lore is completely evil. Wouldn't Altan completely erase any remaining trace of Lore so he could never terrorize or hurt anyone else again? There is no "best" part of Lore. He's all bad.

16. Galaxy

Galaxy Captain Captain

Lore was also more human, which is likely why Soong added him.

Commander Troi likes this.
  17. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It wasn't exactly filler but it felt very much like it was bridging two more important parts of the season. That being said, it was fine for what it was, and the background information on Vadic was appreciated. Plus Captain Tuvok! ...Sort of.

Seven of Five likes this.
  18. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't they pretty much state exactly that?

19. TimeIsAPredator

TimeIsAPredator Commodore Commodore

I'm not sure I fully understand Vadic situation. Is she "assigned" or locked into a state of goo or human and nothing else because of the S31 experiments ?

I'm also not sure what the point of the experiments was unless phase 2 was some sort of mind control.

Im liking the character but don't get the love for the performance. A bit too stereotype evil.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    Trekker4747 likes this.
  20. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

“I am here Geordie, I will try.”

I dunno what it was about that moment, but I got a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye there. The purest friendship in Star Trek history and it was reunited for a brief moment.