Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x06 - "The Bounty"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 22, 2023.

?

Engage!

1. 10 - Excellent!

43.8%
  2. 9

22.9%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

8.5%
  5. 6

4.3%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

0.8%
  9. 2

1.2%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CaptainVarley

CaptainVarley Ensign Red Shirt

Correction, not restore but bury/wipe out. The Agnes Borg plot was just the cap on bad season which still surprises me because the first two episodes started off very strong.

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hate to disappoint but it ain't happening.

3. CaptainVarley

CaptainVarley Ensign Red Shirt

I thought the Genesis device was a nice touch. Moriarty was unnecessary, and honestly I think it's time Brent Spiner and the Soongs get a long long break. I expect Lore might give us a little more this season but after that lets put them bed.

Section 31, for an ultra secret organization that's supposed to give the Federation plausible deniability seems to be very well known. I've never liked that.

4. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

"Genesis II" is a double-tip of the hat, not just the obvious one from the Star Trek movies. Genesis II was one of Gene Roddenberry's pilots from the '70s.

5. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Agnes/Borg thing was one of the few things I liked about Season 2…

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

That and every scene shared by Patrick Stewart and John Delancey.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Half the time on Deep Space Nine, It seemed like Section 31 was a made up fairy story.

The doubt was delicious.

8. The Toddler

The Toddler Lieutenant Red Shirt

Regarding his consciousness being a copy, could it instead have been more of a telepathic connection during Spock’s last minutes? When he is resurrected, he quotes things from after his meld with McCoy. So either his consciousness was connected to both his original body AND McCoy at the time of his death, or the resurrected Spock was relying on his katra’s memories of witnessing the “ship out of danger, etc” dialog from within McCoy’s body.

9. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

I think the Changeling disease likely put an end to them being seen as nothing more than a rumour. I had a bigger problem with their depiction in DISC.

10. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

Agreed. Quite remarkable, even by Spiner's standards.

I really hope none of them are, but I keep thinking back to the moment (I forget in which episode) where the camera zooms in on Beverly as she says the changelings could be "anyone". I'm hoping that doesn't mean anything, but when coupled with Jack hearing Beverly's voice saying "find me" during one of his visions... Hmmm. Really hoping Beverly isn't a changeling (or any of Our Heroes, for that matter).

Strange how fuses / circuit breakers seem to have become completely unknown devices by the 24th century. :lol:

Edit: Grammar.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Underwriters Laboratories was nuked in WW3.

Commander Troi likes this.
  12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Discovery is written by Dumdums.

13. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

I think Seasons 1 and 3 of Picard make up for Season 2. So I'll forgive it. When I finally get around to re-watching the second half of the second season, I'll just remind myself: "This is just a rough patch. It'll pass." Every series has them. It's just that with only 10-episode seasons, it matters more.

14. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, she's the one who gives me some doubts. But, if she's a Changeling, you'd think she'd have found a way to sabotage the Titan by now. Or that Jack would be triggered by her. And she'd need to avoid giving herself away to the people who know her the best. Instead, she seems to be pretty helpful.

But I suppose she could be biding time for something while somehow not triggering Jack and giving herself away.

15. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

I think Riker was a bit too gung ho with his phaser against what looked like Starfleet officers (kill setting), but I assume they were Changelings assembled by Vadic.

Etonus of Borg likes this.
  16. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Beverly's story doesn't really add up. I thought it was just not-great writing, but what if she didn't know she was a changeling and had more or less a made up story in her head about why she went off-grid all those years. If changelings can now replicate human organs, and she mated with picard, that would could make Jack a hybrid.

JoseNoodles, Mr Awe and Lord Garth like this.
  17. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

Are we sure that it is Beverly? In the closed captioning, Beverly is identified as the individual speaking to Jack in his visions.

KennyB likes this.
  18. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ugggggghhhhhhh if this turns out to be the plot i am done. This would be even worse writing.

Changelings being able to replicate organs to the extent they are now able to is a new thing as stated by Riker and implied by Beverly. Also, Odo clearly didn't know that there were changelings capable of it otherwise he would have told Worf. So Bev can't be one of the organ freaks because of the timing and she can't be a changeling with a gooey centre because we know those changelings can't breed with solids.

Also, why are the changelings acting now instead of 5 or 10 or 15 years ago? They needed PIcards body for what? They didn't have to wait until he died for whatever they needed. They could have killed him and replaced him.

None of this makes a lick of sense.

19. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The individual mimicked Beverly's voice the same way it mimicked seven's

Commander Troi likes this.
  20. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

It's too early to tell at this point. We might as well wait and see. Clearly, some Changelings seem to be afflicted with some sort of disease, probably related to the one that ended the war. That might be behind the internal organ stuff. Time will tell!

KennyB likes this.