Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 2x10 - "Farewell"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, May 4, 2022.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

31.0%
  2. 9

24.3%
  3. 8

16.3%
  4. 7

10.5%
  5. 6

3.8%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

3.8%
  9. 2

1.3%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

3.8%
  1. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You misread my post as me thinking EW and WW3 are the same, I always knew they were different. However, my point stands that Rios should have been thinking a lot about WW3 in regard to Teresa and Ricardo, and it's never mentioned.

2. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was a superhero novel I read (Andrea Vernon) where the master geneticist was hired by the US military to make superhuman soldiers and then made them people of color just to annoy his bosses.

True, though since "only" 600 million die, presumably including radiation as well as infrastructure loss, I presume he probably just makes sure they're in Chile versus wherever the bombs fall.

He might actually be staying to make SURE they survive and not mentioning it lest they try to change it.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm glad Trek finally and in on-screen dialogue confirmed that the Eugenics Wars and World War III were two separate conflicts decades apart.

4. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    It obviously did, the "Civil War" being described was not WW3.
    Though it might possibly have been an event that lead up to it.
    (just as the Eugenic War could have)

The Earth of the Star Trek Universe was apparently in some sort of extended period of conflict (for decades) that eventually lead to WW3.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  5. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

EDIT:

...I need to sleep. I just wrote about SNW's premiere in here, whoops.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  6. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

SNW suggests that
    CW2, EW, and WW3 kinda became the same thing

Ketrick likes this.
  7. cooleddie74

The Civil War could have come in 2026 and that led to other conflicts around the world that culminated in the nuclear exchange of 2053. The Excalbians did say in TOS that Colonel Green was the leader of a genocidal war that took place early in the 21st century and that would seem to predate any nuclear attacks of 2053.

JRob94 likes this.
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Hard to care about Picard and Laris when Beverly is coming back. They shot themselves in the foot by revealing that.
    I just took that “Project Khan” thing as a tease for the Enterprise episode. He looks into Augments which leads to his great great grandson raising them.

9. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

When Picard comments on Elnor being Q's surprise gift, his mouth moves after he begins speaking :D

10. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Spread out over 20+ years seems to make sense given the facts we know.

11. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

‪‪I loved seeing Wesley again, and the benefactors of Supervisors of Assignement: Earth being Travelers is a great retcon/bit of connective tissue that doesn’t make the universe feel smaller, but manages to fit it together ‪‪in places they work. ‪‪I also enjoyed Kore getting to both get back at Adam Soong a little bit, and set her path by joining Wesley.

Losing Rios made me a little sad, but I’m okay with the happy ending they gave them.

‪‪I’m SO glad they kept Elnor alive. ‪‪I was starting to doubt he’d be around by the end after the goodbye they gave Raffi last week with holo Elnor, so this was a welcome and pleasant surprise. Not as big a surprise as Wesley, but a big surprise still.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  12. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I’m sure Q is fine. I wouldn’t worry

13. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked it.

I am glad they went back to the Borg encounter scene from the first episode, though we all had figured out that the hooded BQ was Jurati.

Loved the Wheaton cameo.

While I liked this season, I liked season 1 better.

So was that Tallinn or Laris at the end of the episode or are they implying they are the same character? When Picard went back to his house I expected to see Laris but she behaved more like Tallinn.

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  14. cooleddie74

The Season 2 finale was infinitely better than Season 1's.

JRob94, Reanok, Bgt and 1 other person like this.
  15. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Wesley Crusher and the Travellers as the bosses of Gary Seven & Co. are fanwank at its peak. No way to ever top that.

Hopefully, season three will show more of current Starfleet and more starships ... I'd really love to have a closer look at some of the vessels we saw in episode 1 and 10 of this season.

I really hoped that Elnor woud stay dead, but I should have known better. Hearing about Rios' fate however was very touching.

After Seven and Raffi, I almost expected Picard and Q to kiss when Q grabbed his head and said he was always his favorite. Now I'm off watching Strange New Worlds ... let's see what's out there who they are making gay this time!

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Bornin1980something and Reanok like this.
  16. cooleddie74

When Q said Picard was always one of his favorites somewhere across the width of time and space Admiral Janeway felt a shudder, looked up from her coffee and said: "Damn right."

17. brandnewfan

brandnewfan Commander Red Shirt

I’ve been critical of the last several episodes. It seems this season has really dragged along at a snails pace with tons of mishaps along the way.

But this episode was fantastic and recovered just in time for the season to end.

We had a fitting farewell to Agnes, Rios, Q, and…Wesley (unexpected and welcome). The Borg are good guys now I guess, protecting the Alpha Quadrant?

There were a few minor problems but overall it was a great end to the season.

My hope for season 3 is that Picard/Laris split up and Picard/Beverly become a thing.

18. Coal_nete

Coal_nete Ensign Red Shirt

A surprise visit...
    [​IMG]

19. PicardHitbyTesla

PicardHitbyTesla Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Lowest bar possible

Bornin1980something likes this.
  20. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy shit, they pulled this entertaining but messy season together. I had a genuine smile on my face at the appearance of Wesley even if it was the most fanservicy moment of all time. Still… Yay, Wil Wheaton! Yay, Borgati joining the Federation! Yay, (acting) Captain Seven! Yay, Seven and Raffi! Yay great Picard/Q scene! Yay, Elnor! Boo, Rios staying in the past but yay for a happy future for him!

I’m a little confused by the ending though. I presume the idea was that Laris still left despite JL’s words. Just wasn’t 100% clear.