Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x10 - "Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - I'm sending the writers orchids!

31.7%
  2. 9

26.0%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

7.6%
  5. 6

5.1%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

4.4%
  8. 3

3.2%
  9. 2

1.6%
  10. 1 - Crash and burn!

2.2%
  1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    McCoy was born nearly eighty years before Picard and managed to live until at least 137. I don't see why Picard couldn't make it that long in his new body.

Kevman7987 likes this.
  2. Donker

Donker Commander Red Shirt

Shhhhhh don't think with your brain. Lasers go pew pew, Data, Picard, Riker I know who they are so I clapped!

Seriously nothing about this show or it's plots or anything make any sense. I still don't even get why the Federation refused to help the Romulans when as far as they knew, the Romulans had literally nothing to do with the attack on Mars. Don't think about it though! Picard, Data, Picard loves Data now even though they weren't even close in the show! Picard, PICARD has survivors guilt, PICARD, you know, the most hardass captain in all of Starfleet who constantly goes on about duty and facing death in the line of duty.

Seriously ugh. What a waste of an opportunity. Literally the Redlettermedia "Galaxy" fanfic thing they did was far more interesting and entertaining than this entire season.

Tyr and zenophite like this.
  3. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So I wonder where Picard & his motley crew were going at the end of the episode? Hopefully to drop off Jurati for trial at a starbase and then to Earth to pick up his Romulan housekeepers so they can be in on the fun too.

Nyotarules, Kore and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  4. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Altan and Jurati will be killed off next season and no one will know how to transfer minds into androids anymore. Thus preserving continuity if Discovery's 32nd century isn't filled with androids and they'll get a "Measure of a Man" sequel where Picard needs legal help from an immortality hungry Federation eager to strip him apart to rediscover how to transfer minds to machines.

If you thought the Federation was bad when hungering for immortality in Insurrection, you haven't seen anything yet.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Can Picard do Mind Melds now? That’s the question.

dinzy likes this.
  6. Yistaan

At this point they're probably saving the full TNG/DS9/VOY reunion for Discovery where they're all still alive in android bodies.

Jake Sisko: Dad, you're finally back! About time, after all I only waited 1,000 years in an android body.

7. Kevman7987

Anybody else think the skybeam opening a portal to where destructive aliens are was too Avengers?

8. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not in the least bit nitpicky. This is actually a reasonable set of questions (among many others) that I for one felt this show didn't adequate handle or pay off as well.

juventuz, Kore and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  9. thribs

I got more of a Hellboy vibe.

Crewman6 likes this.
  10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the point is he's exactly how he was but now they don't have to listen to fans complaining why he doesn't have Irumodic Syndrome.

Captain Fine likes this.
  11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I will say the sky portal thing and the Synth protector alien thing were the least-interesting part of the whole episode. By the time we got to that point and saw the Doc Ock tentacles coming through the transdimensional opening or whatever it was I was like: "Just show more Riker and the new ships."

12. zenophite

zenophite Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I beg to differ...wasn't she just given the 25th century equivalent of Radicalization?

ThreeEdgedSword and Kevman7987 like this.
  13. Kevman7987

Oh yeah, the good one with Ron Perlman. You're right.

14. Yistaan

I never even saw how that would have been an issue. As the Prime timeline is very different from the AGT timeline, the writers could have said they found a cure in the Prime timeline. Picard himself may have even contributed to development of a cure using his memories of whatever irumodic syndrome research his AGT future self had.

Longinus and fireproof78 like this.
  15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or driven insane by the knowledge.

Either way, her mind was altered and then restored. So, it's OK. Just like when Spock tried to kill Kirk, then thought he killed Kirk, then Chekov tried to kill Kirk, and Geordi tried to kill a Klingon governor.

I would have preferred that.

16. Kevman7987

So now that Oh is outed as a Romulan general it would seem the Federation is looking for a new head of security. Hopefully one that's not an alien plant, a double agent, or a member of a secret cult.

BeatleJWOL and Captain Fine like this.
  17. thribs

I wonder what stopped them using the Enterprise? Was it licensing issues or the fact they didn’t want to repeat the season one finale of Discovery again. Maybe they also thought that it might overshadow everything else.

Kevman7987 likes this.
  18. Racefuel

Racefuel Commodore Commodore

Having an incurable condition was critical for Picards own personal struggle with mortality

Until it was no longer critical and the struggle ended.

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never understood why they had to explain Klingon ridges but...

20. ThreeEdgedSword

ThreeEdgedSword Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

But she's cute and her bf thinks it wasn't her fault and Soji said she thought she was doing the right thing, so there!

Nyotarules, zenophite and Kevman7987 like this.