Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x10 - "Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
I will always struggle to understand how a death is somehow less touching because a person comes back. Does that somehow negate their sacrifice, the choice that led to their death in the first place?

I never thought JL was gonna stay dead, not for one second. The Gollum thing gave it away.

Says the guy who missed all the equally obvious clues in Into Darkness and actually thought Kirk was done for, at least until the next movie:lol:

I will always struggle to understand how a death is somehow less touching because a person comes back. Does that somehow negate their sacrifice, the choice that led to their death in the first place?
It lowers the stakes. If it's not handled very, very well, it leaves the audience feeling the author can never be trusted again.

I kind of feel that way about the present opus. I don't feel that way at all about TWOK/TSFS/TVH. And I don't feel it more than maybe a little bit about MIB 2.

And "F. King Daniel," what does the fallen Smeagol have to do with the present opus? Could you possibly be thinking of golem (a term from Judaic mythology that was appropriated by Gary Gygax for a type of mindless being in D&D)?

Well, it was pretty cool when those Eagles swooped in at the end.
odBpxqj.gif

Obviously.

However, to 13 year old moi, I completely bought the targ shavit that Superman's sales were down to the point of his being canceled.
Due to the intricacies of DC continuity, the Superman and Batman who were introduced in 1938 and 1939 have been dead for some time, and the ones gracing comics now are "Prime Earth" copies. Apparently the originals were on Earth Two, then replaced by Earth One versions in 1955, and those versions were reformatted to "New Earth" and "Prime Earth" versions in Crisis on Infinite Earths and Flashpoint respectively.

Earth Two Superman was killed in Infinite Crisis and Earth Two Batman killed by some no name villain in the 1970s. Strictly speaking, they have been dead for a while, but no one outside of hardcore DC continuity nuts noticed. :vulcan: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-L_(Earth-Two) and https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Bruce_Wayne_(Earth-Two)

Back