Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x10 - "Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - I'm sending the writers orchids!

31.8%
  2. 9

26.1%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

7.6%
  5. 6

5.1%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

4.5%
  8. 3

2.9%
  9. 2

1.6%
  10. 1 - Crash and burn!

2.2%
  1. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

OK, but not everything has to tie into everything else to make it a worthwhile part of the story. At a minimum, it's world building.

2. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Yeah. The show should have been more about what Picard learns about himself and his faults in helping Soji and the synths, but it's not that.

I appreciated the Data stuff even if it was laid on with a trowel but I still find the idea that his consciousness could be recreated from a single positronic neuron preposterous, even with the B4 memory download.

3. Roboturner913

He wasn't asked though. All he knew is he was tired of floating around in quantum robot heaven.

Uhura's Song likes this.
  4. Maurice

Maurice Fact Trekker Premium Member

Lazy world building. :D

5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Fleet Captain Premium Member

Picard gets back to his chateaux where Number One growls and barks defensively at him. He smells wrong now.

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Captain Captain

Alas, no.

7. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Vice Admiral Admiral

He obviously was aware that it was possible though.
    He told Jean-Luc that he had to go back.

It just wasn't what Data wanted.
    That is why he made the specific request to Picard that he did.

As far as Data was concerned, he lived a full life, right up to the point when he made the ultimate sacrifice and saved his Captain.
    He wanted to be mortal and end his existence as a close as he could as a biological being.

8. Cyrus

Cyrus Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't want them to put Picard in the Golem, I predicted they won't do it, and they did it!!! darn it! But I guess it is OK, seems like he has a flesh and blood mortal body with no super powers.

I wouldn't mind if the sultry Narissa somehow survived.

Bring on the second season! cool if Seven becomes part of the crew.

I liked the end credits with the star field background. Hopefully this is permanent.

Nice promos for Discovery. I hope it means that's the next series they will be showing and not Lower Decks.

Phaser Two likes this.
  9. Roboturner913

Was gonna vote 9/10, but then I remembered that I got my "Aye caramba" moment from Rios, so I'm going full 10

10. Ghouleddie74

Ghouleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Most Sincere Pumpkin Patch in the Galaxy
    For the first time in 72 years Picard has a normal, working heart.

11. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

We finally saw a Fed ship. ABOUT BLOODY TIME! :)
    Rather lazily done though. They designed one ship and copied it a hundred times. You couldn’t let the designers bring in a few more into it?
    Also, I did find it funny they jumped in and just jumped out; leaving Picard on his own. Riker would have least stayed around.
    Ending was alright but it seems like a waste to use that robot shell on Picard. I would have left that neural nonsense on the side and use it to kill him off when he’s finished with the show. That Golem could be used for something else. Like bringing back Kirk.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  12. Arpy

Arpy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I you live long enough to experience important things, they don't surprise you in the same way. It doesn't mean they're not as important. It means you're a grown up. And you may have closed yourself off to important things.

13. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, that was a hell of a thing. I was expecting resolution to the Android vs Zhat Vash situation, but there were more definite endings than I was expecting. The rest is wide open, and I'm more convinced than ever that the show is going to be a "Picard's greatest hits tour."

I'm betting we'll see a Klingon arc (probably with Worf), a Cardassian arc (possibly with Madred, maybe with Ro, if Michelle Forbes wants to come back for this). I want more with the Romulan survivors, the average ones, the people struggling to survive, not just the Tal Shiar and Qowat Milat outliers. If we get back to them at all, seeing Sela wouldn't go amiss. I imagine Guinan and Q might show up together to give that storyline some definition and resolution after all these years. And we might see Traveler!Wesley if they want to go there.

All of this is speculation of course, but if I was expecting the next season to involve loose plot threads from this one at all, that's kind of out the window.

Bgt, NCC-73515 and picardjean-luc like this.
  14. thribs

The music at the end was way better than the dreary opening one. I hope they use that for season 2.

15. Wetworth

Wetworth Lieutenant Red Shirt

Oh lord, I didn't think of that. There is a body.

picardjean-luc likes this.
  16. TJ Sinclair

Oh, and for the love of all that's holy, the viewscreen moment when the Captain popped up was THE MOMENT I ABSOLUTELY LOST MY SHIT BECAUSE THAT WAS SO FREAKING PERFECT.

BeatleJWOL and Bgt like this.
  17. thribs

Still bloody bridge windows though. They should have proper view screens.

18. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

7: i didn’t hate it and there were a lot of things to like. but this didn’t turn out to be the show i wanted after the pilot.

plynch, BOB and Tyr like this.
  19. TJ Sinclair

I couldn't care less about the aesthetics when the character moment was so effing brilliant. I whooped, I threw things in the air, I laughed so hard I had to pause the stream because I worked myself up into a coughing fit.

Shut up about the dumb windows and enjoy the damn crowning moment of awesomeness.

20. thribs

Gave it a 7. Would have given it a 8 if the Reapers came through. I suppose they know they are there now and will come and attack Earth in season 3. Picard will have to gather his motley crew together to stop them.