Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x10 - "Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Mar 25, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - I'm sending the writers orchids!

31.7%
  2. 9

26.0%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

7.6%
  5. 6

5.1%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

4.4%
  8. 3

3.2%
  9. 2

1.6%
  10. 1 - Crash and burn!

2.2%
  1. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Now see .... I thought it looked a bit strange.
    Go figure.

I think it was because his hair was so oily black.

Bgt and SolarisOne like this.
  2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I don’t either. I don’t even care for the regular Galaxy class but the triple nacelled one is worse.

3. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

With apologies to everyone who found this episode moving, I found the sentimentality so overdone it was ridiculous. Data's death scene almost had me, but then they laid it on so thick with the speech and the slo-mo and the music that I started laughing. Ditto Agnes and Rios and Elnor weeping uncontrollably after Picard died. Just ludicrous, and completely unearned by the preceding 9 episodes. I don't feel like any of these characters were close enough to warrant such a strong reaction. I barely even got the sense that they spent much meaningful time together at all. (You know who I would buy as weeping that hard? Laris and Zhaban, who had the sort of warm, lived-in relationship with him that would make me believe it. Too bad they disappeared from the show, never to be seen again this season.)

Picard turned out to be a super uneven show, and I don't know that the highs were high enough or numerous enough to outweigh the considerable lows.

4. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

The ships could have had a partial cover of ablative armor that hid the registries.

Here's some meta for you: Dr Jurati used the eye to get all access. The CBS logo is an eye...

What's wrong Narissa? Emergency beam-out not working?

Rios' holograms holding hands in the background of the final shot is clearly missing.

So the Enterprise is no longer the flagship of Starfleet? I can't begin to describe my disappointment over that.

I dunno, Captain Riker. Living in the woods making pizza sounds a pretty fun life to me!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Captain Fine and NCC-73515 like this.
  5. starfleettanner

starfleettanner Commander Red Shirt

So, another thing I just randomly stumbled on: apparently it was Isa Briones herself that was singing the Blue Skies song...she is a singer herself, and I'm reading she's the one that is covering the song in the final scenes.

6. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

A hard heart is sometimes impossible to soften. :shrug:

Lt. LaForge and SolarisOne like this.
  7. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    You can listen to her here, again.

8. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. She was in one of the touring companys for Hamilton. I got to see her a few years back and we have her autograph. Of course I had no idea that she’d be in Trek a few years later. But she was excellent at that time and her performance here was pretty stellar. So to speak.

9. fondestgreeting

fondestgreeting Cadet Newbie

The weird de-aging CGI isn't there, that's why it feel less weird to me.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Cool. She did a great job.

BeatleJWOL and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  11. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

• Glad Sutra got what was coming to her.
    • So what happened to Narek?
    • Narissa gets tossed into the Abyss, but she had that emergency transporter thingus she used to slip the Borg, so are we sure she's dead? I hope so, because I find her character a ridiculous stereotypical cartoon.
    • The Zat Vash are worse at targeting planets than the original Death Star. They had 200+ ships, and there were only a few of those orchid things, so just disperse the fleet wide and they can only affect a handful. The colony is so tiny a single torpedo would take it out, but noooooo, they keep dawdling. "Stand by." "Stand by..."
    • The magic wonder tool tech that creates hundreds of decoys will be forgotten immediately.
    • Starfleet showed at the exact moment I said "now".
    • Riker. Called it.
    • Starfleet immediately leaving was stupid AF. The Zat Vash have been after this for-ever, and do you think
    • Playing Picard's "death" when it's so transparently obvious they're gonna golem him back really robbed the moment of any real emotional impact, and they didn't even address that this is a "copy" of Picard, as the real original JL is dead. That ain't no katra thing.
    • So the Borg and their "Artifact" had no real function in the story. I suspected it would not pay off, and I was right. Lame.
    • Did like the while Data thing. Showing him aging was dumb though.
    • Wait, are Seven and Raffi...involved or, as someone else pointed out, playing a game? If the former, kinda out of nowhere, but on the plus side many incels head will explode just at the idea of it.
    • 10 episodes about Picard having "fucking hubris" and has he actually learned anything? Was there any arc? Or was this whole act of deconstruction simply every other person telling him he was arrogant?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Uhura's Song and susannah like this.
  12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Were they drinking green?

Greg Cox likes this.
  13. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

I'm not seeing why people have trouble with JLP's new body. I mean, it's not like he's a robot and you're gonna pop the side of his face off and have blinking lights and shit. He's flesh and blood, the same as he was before. Basically.

14. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

They did kinda look like they had armor...

[​IMG]

15. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The audience is always right about what it likes and it doesn't, and it's not anyone's job to tell anyone else how to react to something.

16. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

She was screaming all the way down...
    Perhaps because the Cube no longer had power her transporter didn't work?

Lt. LaForge likes this.
  17. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

No, any good story is not manipulative. And manipulativeness is not what makes ANY of them enjoyable. And I did not say I did not "accept" the story. It is what it is. I gave it 7/10. It was good. It many ways it WAS what I wanted. At least it was, the best I could expect. I thought last week was dreadful. I was pleased that this laid to rest alot of the silliness we were afraid they might bring in. Being critical of what one watches is not "strange". If anything, it is bizarre for you to expect everyone to like what you like in the same way, and to the same degree that you like something.

MrPointy and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  18. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It's another Harry Kim spatial scission duplicate situation and I don't hear too many people lambasting the Harry Kim from "Deadlock(VOY)" all the way to "Endgame, Part II(VOY)" as not Harry. It was still Harry even if it wasn't the original Harry body and this is still Picard even if it's not his original body.

SJGardner, iarann, J.D. and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    I guess the XBs will be happy Seven isn't around to kick random bodies down on them anymore.

Could be why Janeway never promoted him. He wasn't the real Harry that signed on her ship.

20. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

So is that supposed to be two different types of ship then? Obviously they have different nacelles but it's hard to tell if the rest of them are the same.

I don't mind it either way; it never made sense to me that Starfleet would have so many different types of ships.