Star Trek: Lower Decks - Mobile Game

Highly anachronistic too. She’s supposed to be a Russian sniper from WWII shooting a German officer on the ground. The Mosin-Nagant (rifle) and pilotka (hat) are correct, but those absurd “pants” look like they’re made of the same exact modern-day textured vinyl fabric that most of the Marvel and DC superheroes use for their costumes. And yeah, I laughed out loud when they showed the close-up “wobble”. They also have a Romanov character too (copyright infringement maybe?). Some of the others look familiar too. Ugh… Cringe much?

I find it particularly amusing that the ONLY tactically proper female attire to wear while surviving a zombie apocalypse is lingerie and high heels. Very educational. I mean, who knew?

I never thought downloading a zombie survival game would result in (presumably) extremely attractive Eastern European girls attempting to have sex with me. Who knew?

Anyone encounter those Fleet Command ads where a ship is upgraded by adding components to the hull, quite unlike how it works in the game?

I haven’t played the game myself but those in-game ads are notorious for showing exaggerated gameplay to entice folks into downloading it or it’s flat-out showing shit that just isn’t there. I guess fraudulently advertising in games is still okay.

The creepy rising corpse from Eyes in the Dark
No ads! But I needed them :D
Could it be... ...a hint?!

nTyeKnQ.png

I literally just play this for the cut scenes and to see what little references it makes. I find these kind of "idle clicker" games usually don't hold my attention for more than a day. But this I've checked back every week or so.

There's a whale at HQ, and Boothby's hat on a shovel I guess :D

zJrTfKL.png

Isn't that how 8472 left a pile of Borg in Scorpion? XD

7Opp4X2.png

Spock's badge is odd

jDVfZtf.png

Love all these references

ZSZqZZd.png

Finally got Q's courtroom!

xvo5p6E.png

Well, this is my crew from events at the moment, but the game has got really hard to win event crew now for some reason so I might have to make do with what I have collected so far. I’m happy with them though. :shrug:
6575202F-3658-4BC0-AAE8-649534F0369E.jpeg

Some consoles are missing, others shouldn't even be there, but the other details are nice :D

C208ei5.png

LDS Picard!

IbsOCI4.png

q1khbsF.png

Just started this a few days ago. It's not bad at all, but seems rather dead - I made the top 100 in my first few events without having any idea what I was doing. It takes a lot of effort to make the top 1500 in Timelines.

Is there much point to sticking with an episode to clear the last few goals, or is it best to move on when the next episode is available?

I always move on once available. The start of each mission is relatively fun but then quickly turns into a long grind. They definitely seem to be engineering certain new character reveals and upgrades specifically to slow down progress, in both the main game and the events. Jet and Brinson are two of the more common offenders in this regard that I've noticed. All designed to coax us into buying latinum to artificially boost advancement. So far I've been pretty successful in holding off on that. Currently slogging through level 28 right now.

I made it to episode 40, but have treated myself to a new phone so have lost all my progress since they don't offer cloud based saves. Annoying.

The latest update also seems to have broken my game to an extent. Every so often the circles freeze and I have to restart the game.

The local database didn't transfer over? That sucks... :(

Yeah, I’d started to collect some of the cooler rare characters like Picard, Data, etc and now I’ve lost them. It’s something they’re apparently working on but I’m not convinced it’s a difficult thing to implement tbh.

Got to give the art team on the game a thumbs up.

I wonder if they were given a copy of the show's style guide for reference.

Back