Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 4x07 - "A Few Badgeys More"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
So the episode was such a whirl it didn't even occur to me: Goodgey is "in the wild". Will we see him regularly now?

A nice sequel/follow-up to when we last saw our favorite machine creatures.

Great nod to Eartha Kitt by rolling the R's in one scene by Peanut Hamper.

Really good plot twist in the reveal that the ships were teleported (or digitized) but given the appearance of being vaporized.

Not since Red Dwarf has any sci-fi comedy managed to make a joke (good or otherwise) involving blue vs red light and LD simply nails it. It's easily the best since "Legion", and arguably is better.

The name "Badgey" seemed a little corny at the time, which didn't not work, but... where they went with it in this episode is pretty great. A couple moments prior to the splitting felt corny, but the first time Badgey splits was a pleasant surprise and where they took it overall. In another parallel dimension, Logicey and "Where's she been" T'Lyn would be getting it on or whatever 'shippers like to see.

Now, most importantly, I want a series of plushies. Badgey, Goodgey, and Logicgey. Plus the sky blue one whose name never got mentioned (Phooey! Well, not that...). Yes kids, grown nigh-on middle-age people dig 'em too! :D

It's 1:25 in. Dwarf's is great, but LD is better. It has more depth, more gravitas, and is still as funny as all heckiedoodoo.

9/10

I also liked the joke that he can fool people he’s good by changing the colour of his bulb. Reminded me of a certain other series.
SZW8QTi.gif

QvmgQtI.gif

GAAAAAH!! THIS IS WHY I NEED TO LOOK THROUGH HALF A ZILLION PAGES OF POSTS, ESPECIALLY POSTS LIKE THREE ABOVE MINE, BEFORE I POST! WAAAAAAAAAAAH!
(but that won't be being lazy...)

*COUGH* Now that that is out of my system, it's great how great minds think alike. :luvlove:

Yeah, LD may have taken inspiration from that, but the exploration of sci-fi where computer terminals, light sabers, leaper portals, parallel dimension vortexes, laser beams*, and so on, always seem to be blue for goodies and red for baddies -- feels like its own joke due to its strength. It's also and thankfully rare when sci-fi sitcoms go there, and this is only the second time I'm aware of in thrice as many decades or whatever...

* apart from the TOS hand phaser scenes, which were red or green or blue or yellow or even invisible depending on whatever was huffed that week - it was the sixties, after all and that's the one thing that Jefferson Airplane, Strawberry Alarm Clock, 13th Floor Elevators, et al, have wonderfully in common, but I digress again: At least the main NCC-1701 ship always fired blue beams-- eh, apart from when they fired red or yellow, or that one the early episode where they talked of firing phasers but photons got farted out instead. Like these:​

Hmm. I kept putting this episode off. I'd always found Badgey's previous appearances rather cringeworthy.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Judging by the number of references in this thread to Easter eggs I missed in the episode, I'm guessing I should probably re-watch it.

I will note that the whole business of blue vs. red lights, that can refer to a lot of things. Think about the color-coded programs in TRON. The color-coded lightsabers in the SW franchise. I'll refrain from alluding to something more current.

So apparently we're getting a Badgey ornament from Hallmark.
Hmm. Right up there with the one of Kirk getting eaten by a salt vampire.:nyah:

Last edited:
Back