Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 3x06 - "Hear All, Trust Nothing"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by Commander Richard, Sep 28, 2022.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

45.7%
  2. 9

31.0%
  3. 8

16.4%
  4. 7

3.4%
  5. 6

3.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Terrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Very good. Nice to see Quark up to his old tricks.

Stunning everyone at the “salon” was pretty good too.

Qonundrum and Commander Troi like this.
  2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

And Taylor the Kzin, even if his name hasn't made it to screen.

Also Buddy the Vulcan but 99.9% sure that's just Tumblr being Tumblr:lol:

Markonian and Tosk like this.
  3. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My headcanon was that it was the Boimler family farm and all of them were his cousins.

Just to add a layer of weird and awkward.

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Fantastic. I sat on the floor watching this, cupping my chin in my hands remembering how much I love DS9. I've missed this station and characters so much. It's so often treated as the unwanted step child so to see DS9 again and how it's doing put me over the moon. The last time we saw the station it was so sad and I thought I would never see her again. Can we get DS9 fully remastered now? Can we get a sequel animated series? Taking my hat off to Lower Decks for this.

5. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I gave it an 8/10. In terms of story, it was not as good as last week's episode. However, I did appreciate Nana Visitor and Armin Shimerman reprising their roles as Kira and Quark, and all the references to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I only wonder where the Defiant (-A) is. Was it on patrol or did it get reassigned once the threat of the Dominion was gone?

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Given the all-Bajoran Ops crew, the implication is that the station has been handed over to the Bajorans.

DS9forever likes this.
  7. jackoverfull

jackoverfull Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

no. We literally see Starfleet officers assigned to the station.

8. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Klingons too. There’s even a bat’leth shop on the promenade now, which makes me wonder about the ol’ rule against weapons in that part of the station (which has been broken many times, I know).

The all-Bajoran ops crew could be an indication that all the decision makers on the station are local, yes. They could have stratified operations so that Starfleet has delegates in certain departments and Klingons in others.

Mark

Mike McDevitt likes this.
  9. Ianburns252

Ianburns252 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Colourblind - problem solved

jackoverfull likes this.
  10. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Maybe the lack of the Defiant and any Starfleet senior staff members was a directive from above, so that they weren't written into a corner for any potential future stories. Or maybe having the Defiant there would have raised more questions than it answered. "Why didn't we see the interior?" "Who are all those random Starfleet officers?" "Where is Bashir, Dax, etc?"

It could easily be explained away that the Defiant and most of the Starfleet crew were off on a mission somewhere, leaving the Bajorans and a few remaining Starfleet officers on the station.

11. jackoverfull

precisely: they are saving the defiant and the other characters for a future story.

StewMc and DS9forever like this.
  12. ToddCam

ToddCam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There was a great deal of delight overall, and seeing Kira and Quark again was wonderful, but it was a mostly ho-hum story.

I thought Mariner and Jennifer would be a better story this season, but it's just blah.

And at risk of the ire of the usual anti-woke response, enough with random girls liking Boimler. Can we get some guys into him, too? (This is mostly facetious.) I was kind of hoping that cadet he was set to mentor at the end of Season 2 might have had a crush on him. It might be interesting to see how Brad handles such a thing.

13. ToddCam

ToddCam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seven's probably en route to joining the Texas Rangers or whatever they're called. And Icheb presumably is a Starfleet cadet or recent graduate.

Deledrius likes this.
  14. jackoverfull

Right, what happened with him? He never show up anymore!
    ah, yes, but these two were already covered on Picard (and Janeway on prodigy).

Greg Cox likes this.
  15. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was alright. I loved Season 2. Belly laughs throughout, but for some reason Season 3 just hasn't done it for me so far. It wasn't a bad episode of Star Trek. In fact bit was a decent episode of Star Trek. It just seems to be lacking in funnies for me and I'm in LDS for the funnies.

Gepard and eschaton like this.
  16. eschaton

eschaton Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, with the exception of the Rutherford episode, so far this season really seems like a half-step backward from Season 2, and it's hard for me to figure out why. Ultimately it just seems a bit...unambitious? On autopilot? I dunno.

Gepard, ToddCam and Richard S. Ta like this.
  17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

So over the course of a day Freeman cost Quark 76% of what his franchise makes, Mariner blackmailed him into clear her tab, and Boimler probably cleaned out the gift shop without Quark making so much as a penny off it...

The Ceritos crew has probably been banned for life from Quark's haven't they?

Man, they really are turning into The Enterprise of the California-class ships.

18. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want to clarify that I am enjoying it. I'm not going to shit on a 25 minute sci-fi comedy. I'm a Futurama guy and for me Lower Decks is the same sort of cynical yet loving show, except playing exclusively on Star Trek rather than sci-fi generally. I've been sold on the show since the rousing last half of Season 1.

Just something about the season feels a bit 'been there done that' to me. You're right that the Rutherford episode wad really good. I liked the stuff in the most recent with Tendi. I liked Boimler winning Dabo. I got a belly laugh out of all the overwrought Ferengi screaming...

It's good but Season 2 is the gold standard of LDS for me so far. It's the funniest IMO.

Still, it's not been bad in Season 3. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. Possibly it's my state of mind.

Deledrius, 137th Gebirg and Search4 like this.
  19. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Quark's Bar logo used in this episode (not the one based off the Picard season 1 logo) dates back to 90s merch.

It was used at the Vegas con a couple years ago before Covid and the trek license being taken away.
    As far as I know it was never used as the logo at Star Trek The Experience.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  20. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Worry.jpg

You can see the worry in this Ferengi's face that he and his descendants are going straight to the Vault of Eternal Destitution! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

I love it!