Star Trek: Axanar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ares class is also significantly smaller than a Constitution class, I think. In one shot, you can see a guy in a spacesuit standing on the hull, which gives us a pretty good scale of the ship (and confirming my suspicions that the ship has fewer than 10 decks)
ares_class_by_aalenfae-d7ysacu.jpg

As to size comparison I found this but I don't know how accurate it is.

http://excalibur2008.deviantart.com/art/Axanar-Ship-Chart-from-The-Light-Works-465842449

I think Tobias Richter himself made that chart.
At that scale, the guy on the hull would be like 10-12 feet tall, though.

I guess they just haven't totally figured out the scale of the ship yet. By the comparison chart, the Ares class has 10-11 decks.
By comparing it with the man on the hull and the size of the bridge "bump", it's 6-8 decks, depending on where you draw the lines.

The Ares class is also significantly smaller than a Constitution class, I think. In one shot, you can see a guy in a spacesuit standing on the hull, which gives us a pretty good scale of the ship (and confirming my suspicions that the ship has fewer than 10 decks)
ares_class_by_aalenfae-d7ysacu.jpg

It'a a illusion effect. He's actually floating and and is closer then you think. Picture him standing on the hall by one of the portholes on this side of the grill.

It'a a illusion effect. He's actually floating and and is closer then you think. Picture him standing on the hall by one of the portholes on this side of the grill.

If you watch the actual documentary, they do a flyby and he is shown very clearly standing on the hull right in front of the inspection pod there. :)

That ship chart is from me, indeed - the sizes of the ships are final (for now), but it was a long process to get there... The Ares has 9-10 decks - we will flesh those details out at a later date, Sean is probably at it already. Keep in mind that each deck is not only around 2-2.5 meters high, but also has a certain amount of wall thickness. Also, the guy in the spacesuit appears larger because of the spacesuit. So all in all, the size of him should be roughly ok.

@ tobiasrichter - So would that would put the Ares has having a crew complement at approximately 150 to 200 ?

We haven´t really determined that yet to my knowledge. I think the plan is to have a booklet or book with all the ships, backgrounds, plans and so on in the next Kickstarter. So we will have to define that in the coming months. But your assumption should be in the right ballpark.

That ship chart is from me, indeed - the sizes of the ships are final (for now), but it was a long process to get there... The Ares has 9-10 decks - we will flesh those details out at a later date, Sean is probably at it already. Keep in mind that each deck is not only around 2-2.5 meters high, but also has a certain amount of wall thickness. Also, the guy in the spacesuit appears larger because of the spacesuit. So all in all, the size of him should be roughly ok.

Points well taken, Tobias.

I was hopping around YouTube earlier this afternoon and happened to click "Prelude to Axanar," and after doing so, I was served with a pre-roll video ad. It was one of the ads where you have to wait three seconds before you can press the button to skip it.

I thought that was weird, so I hit refresh a few times to see if it was just a bug in YouTube.

Nope.

(In spoiler tags to prevent the page from stretching.)

Axanarads1.png

Axanarads3.png

Axanarads2.png
I was under the impression that fan films couldn't generate money though advertising like this? Has that changed? Did somebody at Axanar accidentally enable the wrong settings on this video? Is a third party somehow monetizing it?

I was hopping around YouTube earlier this afternoon and happened to click "Prelude to Axanar," and after doing so, I was served with a pre-roll video ad. It was one of the ads where you have to wait three seconds before you can press the button to skip it.

I thought that was weird, so I hit refresh a few times to see if it was just a bug in YouTube.

Nope.

(In spoiler tags to prevent the page from stretching.)

Axanarads1.png

Axanarads3.png

Axanarads2.png
I was under the impression that fan films couldn't generate money though advertising like this? Has that changed? Did somebody at Axanar accidentally enable the wrong settings on this video? Is a third party somehow monetizing it?

I just tried it myself, and no pre-roll ad. Just straight into the start of Prelude.

On Facebook it has been suggested that there were 12 Ares-class ships built by the time of the Battle of Axanar. I think one of the large donor perks involved naming some of them, though it could have been naming any ship in Starfleet that would appear on screen.

It is unknown if any survive the war.

So, has anyone who donated to the Kickstarter campaign gotten their Backerkit email yet?

Re:
9/7/2014: You will receive a note this month from our Backerkit Checkout system. Since Kickstarter does not give us all the information we need, we need a way to get accurate information for Perk delivery. We use a system called Backerkit, which allows us to ask you questions about your perks when needed (Size of T-shirt, which photo you want, etc.) and pay for shipping if appropriate (such as those who did not get delivery of any physical perks, but want the free patches.)
I know there are still a few days left in the month but I was curious if anyone's seen anything yet.

So, has anyone who donated to the Kickstarter campaign gotten their Backerkit email yet?

Re:
9/7/2014: You will receive a note this month from our Backerkit Checkout system. Since Kickstarter does not give us all the information we need, we need a way to get accurate information for Perk delivery. We use a system called Backerkit, which allows us to ask you questions about your perks when needed (Size of T-shirt, which photo you want, etc.) and pay for shipping if appropriate (such as those who did not get delivery of any physical perks, but want the free patches.)
I know there are still a few days left in the month but I was curious if anyone's seen anything yet.

Nope - been patiently waiting for their 'backerkit' e-mail mysellf; and haven't seen it yet in either my inbox, junk mail, or spam folder. (Hate to say this but nice to know I'm not alone. ;):rofl:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back