Spoilers ST Strange New Worlds - Starships and Technology Season Two Discussion

Now that sounds interesting can I bother you for a list or do you have it written up somewhere already?
No Prob.
NjgvoR4.png
Here you go

Last edited:
I never realized that the Spinning Orb Orion ships were the original "Orion Ship" design and that the Green "Orion Ships" in ST:ENT were by John Eaves and closely resemble 'Alien of the Week' ships.

I mean if you want to get technical about it TOS wasn't remastered until 2006 (after ENT had ended), so technically the green ships for the green aliens came before the warp Ferris wheel. I do much prefer the latter aesthetic though.

The Warp Wheel was inspired by the original TOS effect which was a quickly spinning lens flare. Only real issue is Spock can't ID it in TOS.

The Warp Wheel was inspired by the original TOS effect which was a quickly spinning lens flare. Only real issue is Spock can't ID it in TOS.
If I was looking at a spinning lens flare, I'd have a hard time figuring out what type of vessel that was too!

Resurrected StarShips already did a analysis on this battle.

Interesting. I linked to Trekkiechannel's video because you asked specifically for a YT clip of the original VFX from TOS and that is exactly what his video delivers plus a side-by-side comparison. There is no battle analysis in Trekkiechannel's video.

Interesting. I linked to Trekkiechannel's video because you asked specifically for a YT clip of the original VFX from TOS and that is exactly what his video delivers plus a side-by-side comparison. There is no battle analysis in Trekkiechannel's video.
I didn't realize the Spinning Lens Flare ship was the same one from the "Journey to Babel".

It's when you posted the YT clip that I got that "Deja-Vu" feeling.

Then I looked it up, and low & behold, the analysis already existed.

I'm sure a more modern battle can be done between a FTL vs FTL battle & FTL vs STL battle.

One that makes more sense and makes for a more visual spectacle.

I didn't realize the Spinning Lens Flare ship was the same one from the "Journey to Babel".

It's when you posted the YT clip that I got that "Deja-Vu" feeling.

Then I looked it up, and low & behold, the analysis already existed.

I'm sure a more modern battle can be done between a FTL vs FTL battle & FTL vs STL battle.

One that makes more sense and makes for a more visual spectacle.

Just watched ResurrectedStarships' YT video and it doesn't have any of the original VFX. He has some interesting ideas but they don't really match up to what's in the episodes.

I'm still super busy with shows, but I wanted to note that in 2x09, the anomaly affected people's behaviour and somehow the lights (unless the lights were an artifact of what everyone was perceiving), but not the physical sets.

This means that the K'tinga bridge has the earliest example of a powered command chair in Klingon history, sliding back and forth, even if it doesn't have a visible periscope. The whole set seems to be set up against the back wall of their virtual studio, with a graphic inspired by the 80s/90s Bird of Prey bridge aft corridor projected against it.

Mark

Last edited:
Back