Spoilers Season 5 Episode Preview Thread

Oh how I would love the see the look on Moll's face when the Breen activate the Progenitor tech and Rick Astley starts singing "Never Gonna Give You Up", a melody which echoes thunderously inside the dreadnaught's hanger bay.

I'll be honest - this trailer doesn't enthuse me much.

I was hoping this week we'd get a wow-bang reveal related to the progenitor tech - the cool sci-fi/worldbuilding stuff that has been largely absent from this season. I knew the Breen conflict was coming, but I was hoping it was mostly constrained to the final episode.

Instead, it seems that this week will be mostly reserved for high-octane/tension. Which has to continue into the final episode, because I don't think Trek is serialized enough to do an entire episode of falling action, GOT style.

Will the finale feel rushed? It just feels like there is a lot to cover in the final episode especially since it is a series finale. They need to resolve the mystery of the Progenitor Tech, probably have some big fight with the Breen and the Federation, AND wrap up the entire series.

They didn't know it was the final season and series finale when it was all filmed.

They were able to get some additional things filmed, but I would not expect much.
Probably kinda some flash forward voice over monologue after the conclusion of the "Progenitor" Tech story line.

I doubt however, they would have proceeded differently had they known it's the last season - like wrapping up the story in the penultimate episode and having the final one be just for the characters, arcs and flash forwards.

Since the Hollywood double strike ended and broadcasters, studios/streamers reducing the spending, lots of series do no longer get a heads-up regarding the cancellation while still in production, let alone funds for a wrap up scenes, episodes or a final mini season. Which is very unfortunate.

They didn't know it was the final season and series finale when it was all filmed.

They were able to get some additional things filmed, but I would not expect much.
Probably kinda some flash forward voice over monologue after the conclusion of the "Progenitor" Tech story line.

I doubt however, they would have proceeded differently had they known it's the last season - like wrapping up the story in the penultimate episode and having the final one be just for the characters, arcs and flash forwards.

Since the Hollywood double strike ended and broadcasters, studios/streamers reducing the spending, lots of series do no longer get a heads-up regarding the cancellation while still in production, let alone funds for a wrap up scenes, episodes or a final mini season. Which is very unfortunate.

IIRC, Michelle Paradise said Paramount gave them the option to do reshoots, and they declined, so I don't think any footage was added.

I just had an idea: since they recovered the ISS Enterprise and brought it back to HQ, are we going to see a refurbished Enterprise ride in to save the day in the finale?

Clip from episode 10.

Breen fighters!!!

Hopefully the episode isn't really just a 60-minute dogfight between the half-wrecked Breen dreadnaught and Discovery, juxtaposed with whatever Michael and Moll do inside the portal. That would seem to suggest there's no real role for Saru, unless he somehow talks down the other Breen primarch off camera. And given every named character aboard Ruhn's old dreadnaught is dead, we're not going to go back there for any scenes.

Hopefully the episode isn't really just a 60-minute dogfight between the half-wrecked Breen dreadnaught and Discovery, juxtaposed with whatever Michael and Moll do inside the portal. That would seem to suggest there's no real role for Saru, unless he somehow talks down the other Breen primarch off camera. And given every named character aboard Ruhn's old dreadnaught is dead, we're not going to go back there for any scenes.
Perhaps that's when the Fed fleet makes it's appearance. Doug Jones confirmed he is in episode 10, so hopefully he has an important role.

Clip from episode 10.

Breen fighters!!!

Nice clip. Lots of actions. Gotta love Captain Rayner!

I wonder if the finale will basically be Burhnam meeting the Progenitors in some pocket universe and learning the meaning of life while Discovery and a big fleet from Starfleet battle the Breen. In the end, Burnham will exit the portal and with the knowledge of the Progenitors bring peace between the Federation and the Breen.

Nice clip. Lots of actions. Gotta love Captain Rayner!

I wonder if the finale will basically be Burhnam meeting the Progenitors in some pocket universe and learning the meaning of life while Discovery and a big fleet from Starfleet battle the Breen. In the end, Burnham will exit the portal and with the knowledge of the Progenitors bring peace between the Federation and the Breen.

They put the progenitor tech portal around a black hole for a story reason, I'm sure. Michael will get out. Maybe Moll will get La'k resurrected and decide to stay behind, since all they seemed to want is a safe place to hide from the Breen. Then the portal falls past an event horizon, and no one ever speaks of it again, in typical Trek fashion.

They put the progenitor tech portal around a black hole for a story reason, I'm sure. Michael will get out. Maybe Moll will get La'k resurrected and decide to stay behind, since all they seemed to want is a safe place to hide from the Breen. Then the portal falls past an event horizon, and no one ever speaks of it again, in typical Trek fashion.
Until it pops out the other side, in the Abramsverse :lol:

Hey, maybe that's how they get George Kirk back!!!

Back