Spoilers Season 3 wild speculation

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Dr Helen Noel, May 15, 2022.

1. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

2. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Someone on Reddit pointed out how similar Vadic's name is to Vedek.
    Another clue for the involvement of the Pah Wraiths?

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

5. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

I mean…anything is possible I suppose.

Hopefully…

that Borg Queen thing is just a case of an over zealous captioner and not an actual spoiler. I wouldn’t be all that enthusiastic about another Borg story

Commander Troi and Lt Mo like this.
  6. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kai Opaka: The moon was discovered to be a prison on which artificial microbes kept the prisoners forever alive to wage war with one another. These microbes resurrected Opaka, but forced her to remain on the moon. The artificial microbes restored a person's body after death, but that body then became permanently dependent on those microbes for all cellular functions. Anyone with the microbes would die if taken away from the moon. Accepting her new situation as the will of the Prophets, Opaka remained behind. She hoped to teach the warring prisoners peace.

Opaka's actress died before production of Picard Season 3, so she could've been recast. The Founders transforming her into a changeling (the way an infant one did to a solid Odo) might allow Opaka to escape her prison. And as for her going bad, hey wouldn't be the first Kai who went bad right, Winn Adami?

7. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

Giving this season’s storyline do you think we’ll get a hint as to what Picard and the Enterprise-E were up to during The Dominion War (other than Insurrection of course)

8. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Dominion War Picard: So Admiral, Captain Sisko really, really, really hates me because of that Locutus business, I shouldn't be anywhere near him, and therefore I recommend that the Enterprise be pulled away from the front lines of the war to minimize any contact I might have with Captain Sisko and spare him any unnecessary emotional stress.

Danlav05 likes this.
  9. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Given the last two episodes have had flashbacks to earlier times in Picard’s life, I guess it’s not out the question for there to be a flashback set on board the Enterprise-E. Set it in someone’s quarters and you wouldn’t need much in the way of set building.

Wild speculation: If the classified final mission of the E ends up being relevant to the story, they could show Picard handing over command to Worf. Maybe Worf botched command, or felt like he did, which is why he still holds the rank of captain but appears to have shifted more to Intelligence. Once he and Picard meet this season, we might get some flashbacks to explain that backstory.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enterprise-A

12. Tuskin38

Based on the trailers, Geordi is going to be reluctant at first to help, as it puts his daughter in danager.

Danja likes this.
  13. timtonruben359

timtonruben359 Captain Captain

Maybe ... but I have a hunch
    the new ship, which is apparently the USS Intrepid, has been taken over by changelings who then board and attempt to cease the Titian. I also think the returning character is Ro who, like Worf, is an "independent contractor" who may or may not be working for Starfleet. [/SP

14. Commander K

Commander K Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pretty much my theory as well.

15. Mr J

Mr J Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can confirm the subtitles for the last episode do indeed say...
    Borg Queen as the voice in Jack's vision scene..

16. Commander K

Ugh ....was hoping they would stay away from all that ...

17. Mr J

Mr J Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sort of the same - but happy to see how it plays out. I did wonder...
    if because weren't Season 2 and 3 shot back to back, if Annie Wersching may have shot scenes before passing? If so, at the very least it would be a nice homage to her to see her one final time

18. Tuskin38

Yeah, season 3 filming finished 10 months before her death.

Though it would also depend on which Queen is he hearing.

19. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My speculation, after episode four, is
    that the ultimate big bad is another Picard clone, and they need Jack's blood since biological Picard is no more. Vadic raised the clone. Though it's going to be different than Shinzon and will be played this time by Patrick Stewart, and despite the age jump will still need Jack's blood to stay alive or something.

20. Commander K

How about...
    Borg have assimilated changelings but somehow it didn't work right and we have these weird hybrid mechanical bio changelings everywhere