Spoilers Season 3 wild speculation

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Dr Helen Noel, May 15, 2022.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I seriously hope to fuck that Vadic has absolutely ZERO to do with Insuckerection, but I fear I can't be so lucky.

I was highly dubious of Prodigy going so deeply back to the Voyager well but they seem to have been quite successful and I've found it highly enjoyable and well-written, surprisingly so.

Picard going back to pull elements from INS makes me want to hurl in my mouth.

Unimatrix Q and Lord Garth like this.
  2. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

No one remembers Insurrection, so I think we're safe. :p

Unimatrix Q and 137th Gebirg like this.
  3. ashleytinger

ashleytinger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No one remembers the Star Trek Insurrection!

Unimatrix Q and 137th Gebirg like this.
  4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Sadly, I do. And if they draw any plot points from it as I fear, it will force others to as well.

Ain't enough mental floss in the multiverse for that...

5. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or! She is Richard Castile's child, having gotten Tasha knocked up before any Romulans got her??

Lord Garth likes this.
  6. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

That's nine months they have to last before Yar gets captured. It could work, if they had somewhere to hide.

EDITED TO ADD:
    Wait. This is better. Yar has Castille's child. They let her carry the baby to term, and it turns to be Vadic. They snatch Vadic away from Yar, after she's born.

Then that piece of shit Romulan Husband/Not-Husband gets Yar pregnant with his child. Sela.

The longer I type this post, the more I hate this guy...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  7. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

PIC's already incorporated a lot from Nemesis and frankly ANYTHING is better than that. Up to and including season three involving Picard and co travelling to the centre of the galaxy to ask "God" if he's figured out what he wants with a starship yet.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe Vadic is related to one of the borgified Enterprise crewmembers Picard offed.

JRob94 likes this.
  9. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I wonder why Vadic hates Picard and his crew so much and that she wants revenge against them and wanting to hunt them down. Why did they attack Beverly Crusher's Medical ship and her calling Picard for help.What are Beverley secrets that make Picard upset with Beverley Crusher Patrick Stewart has mentioned in his latest interview I read in Tv Guide magazine.

10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

She actually ordered a bunch of wine and Picard didn't deliver it due to the Romulan/Zhat Vash attack. She is not attempting to collect from Picard for ruining her dinner party.

Reanok likes this.
  11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[​IMG]
    Shooter McGavin strikes again.

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Ed Speelers, who played the villain Stephen Bonnet in Ron Moore's and Ira-Steven Behr's Outlander series, has joined the Picard cast in a supporting role.

https://trekcentral.net/ed-speleers-to-appear-in-star-trek-picard-season-3/

Given his age and appearance, the popular and very likely to be true rumor has been that he will be playing Picard and Beverly's son, who Beverly ran off with without telling Jean-Luc about him for some reason (probably because he was threatened and Beverly felt she had to go on the run and keep him secret), hence Picard's anger at her for missing out on his son's life.

So, pretty much a Kirk - Carol Marcus - David situation, but with more intrigue.

Reanok likes this.
  13. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps we'll find out what this was about:

PICARD: I don't think I ever. I don't think I ever told you how much I appreciate.
    BOOTHBY: There's nothing to tell.
    PICARD: Yes, there is. I just wanted to, while I was here. Look, you know as well as I do I would never have graduated if you
    BOOTHBY: You made a mistake. There isn't a man among us who hasn't been young enough to make one.
    PICARD: Nevertheless.
    BOOTHBY: You did what you had to do. You did what you thought was best. I just made sure that you listened to yourself.
    PICARD: At the time I thought you were a mean-spirited, vicious old man.
    BOOTHBY: I was. And by the way, I was about the same age you are now.
    PICARD: I didn't speak to you for months.
    BOOTHBY: You needed to get your bearings. I knew that. The important thing is, what you did with your life afterwards. Seems you did okay. That's thanks enough for me.

Search4 and Lord Garth like this.
  14. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What if Vadic is Tasha Yar's daughter from Yesterday's Enterprise, but also Data had sex with Yar again in the Yesterday's Enterprise timeline (somehow Dr. Soong loaded him up with his own sperm, to make him truly "fully functional"? So now Vadic is pissed at Picard for sending her mother back with the Enterprise-C, for killing Data twice and at Beverly for sweeping the whole Data/Yar thing under the rug? :eek:

Edit: Or WORSE: the scenario I just described happens, but LORE, posing as Data, impregnates Yar, Beverly covers everything up, Picard sends Yar back in time, Data dies, then dies again in Picard Season 1, now Vadic is pissed because not only has Picard let Data die, he appears to completely have it out for the whole Soong family. Under his command, B-4's been deactivated, Lore's been disassembled, and he's ruined Adam Soong's career. :eek: :eek:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  15. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. ToddCam

ToddCam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any child of Yar and Castillo would have been detected as fully human from prenatal scans, presumably. Unless Romulans just don't care.

With DaiMon Bok doing that whole fake Picard secret son in TNG, it'd be pretty funny that Crusher hid a secret son from him. And they probably won't mention Jason Vigo, like how Lal never came up when "Data has a daughter?!" was a major plot point.

A kookie idea: maybe Rene Picard from the "First Splinter" universe made it over to the prime timeline, and that's how this mysterious son came about. I KNOW IT'S NOT CANON. That'd be a deep cut that novel readers might enjoy, and require absolutely no explaining despite the silly assumption that people need to know the full details of every non-explained thing because it was explained somewhere once.

PICARD: Our son? But how?
    CRUSHER: From a timeline where you and I married and had a child.
    PICARD: Ah.

Not that I particularly want this. Coda was not great. But it'd be kind of neat.

17. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think I posted this before -- I'm getting old! -- but here's my wild speculation. The chances Vadic is related to Tasha Yar are IMHO extremely high. Matalas has said that there will definitely be a nod to Yar in the series, though he's been pretty clear Denise Crosby won't appear. So that rules out Sela. I suspect the Yar-Castillo daughter theory is pretty close to the money.

Besides, consider this. The series is a grand finale to TNG, and who are the featured enemies so far apart from Vadic? Lore and Moriarty. Arguably, those are the two biggest antagonists of TNG. Sela (or someone with her grudge) would be the third. Besides, Vadic's ship has Romulan overtones and her costuming is reminiscent of Shinzon. Human raised in captivity on Romulus.

Reanok likes this.
  18. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks Locouus of Bored that's an interesting article .About the secret Beverley had been keeping from Picard all these years and Vadic somehow being related to Tasha Yar will be interesting to see what's true and just rumors for now .I'm curious how Moriarty returns again too.

19. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Vadic is obviously the daughter of Ardra and Kosinski. :D

JRob94 likes this.
  20. Unimatrix Q

Unimatrix Q Commodore Commodore

Thinking about a thread in the TNG forum, could Vadic perhaps be Admiral Jarok's daughter wanting revenge against Jean Luc, believing him to be the reason for her father becoming a traitor and bringing hardship to her family.

137th Gebirg likes this.