Sci-Fi Wire Report On "Enterprise"...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Admiral Buzzkill, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Here:

2. Raz

Raz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

RED ALERT! ALL HANDS, BRACE FOR IMPACT!

</Riker> (edit: Riker? wtf am I thinking?)

3. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

"Sea-change"??? WTF does that mean! :lol:

The T'Pol/Trip shippers are likely to go nuts when they read this, too. (Too bad -- I'm a T'Pol/Archer shipper myself. Maybe they're setting up a triangle).

Cheers

Alex

4. Admiral Buzzkill

I hope that Trip and T'Pol get into some long-term romantic involvement; it would be nice to see a Trek romance that wasn't soporific.

Not that they'd necessarily be more interesting, but they'd start way out ahead of the Trek curve simply by having two such engaging, talented actors with chemistry involved this way. It would just about be a Trek first.

5. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

BTW thanks for posting this. As I mentioned in another thread, I think the other coverage ("Sexy stuff") of the press conference was pretty lame. This story actually TOLD us something...

Cheers!

Alex

6. Raz

I know DS9 isn't included in your Trek universe, so that's okay :)

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Oh, it's included -- it just doesn't count for much.

Needless to say, my remarks very much apply to the various Matings Of The Mannequins over on that spin-off.

8. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

I hate to say it (being a big fan of DS9), but I didn't think Odo/Kira had any chemistry whatsoever. Neither did Julian/Ezri. All the other pairings were technically with guest stars.

Cheers

Alex

9. Raz

Fair enough. I respect your opinion :)

10. slappy

slappy Commodore Commodore

So confused. On the one hand, Bakula paints a semi-positive picture of the B regime. Then the B Twins go say something stupid. Who to believe?

11. Admiral Buzzkill

I don't think that Worf/Dax comes under the heading of "guest stars". It would have worked better if Terry Farrell could act her way out of a parking ticket, of course.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

This is why we actually watch the show -- we don't have to "believe" either of them. ;)

13. dex

dex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:confused: :mad: :borg:

Rom and Leeta were good along with Sisko and Jennifer (?). Just about every other Trek relationship prior was more or less forced.

14. MvRojo

MvRojo Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad the Suliban and TCW won't be forgotten and will be integrated into the Xindi storyline.

15. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Now that seems to put things in a bit more perspective, doesn't it?
    B&B's problem has never been creating an intriguing universe or backstory; it has been in executing the storyline.
    This report does have me fairly optimistic though... I love the fact that the TCW and Suliban will return LATER in the year after the Xindi have been fleshed out, so to speak.
    Great setup just like the premise for season one... let's hope the "new" writers in place will be given the leeway to take the series in a truly novel direction.
    I'd hate it if B&B (&B) would have to rubber-stamp everything creative that came to the fore this season again.

16. janek

janek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thanks for the story! Much better summary of the press tour than from TV Guide. Even though I'm a A/T'P fan myself and ultimately, hope that A/T’P will happen; I'll be interested to see how T/T'P develops. Glad for T/T’P fans. :p (So Dorian, is that mean, you'll be going back to being T/T fan vs. T/H?) Poor Hoshi. Sorry, obsessing over relationships.

Besides the relationships, I hope we’ll get to see really excellent stories and rating improves a bit so that stars don’t have to answer more questions about ratings again. For some reason, I felt bad about the awkwardness even though I was glad they were there.

17. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Unless you see B&B actually making comments on video, I actually would tend to go with Bakula. I do feel that Berman is being misquoted -- or to be more accurate, UNDER-quoted -- when it comes to other coverage of the press conference. As a newspaper editor, the quote attributed to Berman just doesn't sound complete to me. Something is missing. :confused:

Cheers

Alex

18. emily_reich

emily_reich Commodore Commodore

and THIS just made my day :) in more ways than one :) Trip really IS grieving, and not just a madman, AND Trip/T'Pol for next season!! :D

19. dex

dex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dont know about you, but we've been taught (in college) that quotes can be taken way out of context if only minor modifications are done. Media tends to make large indulgeful modifications based on the writer's choice and the kind of message he/she wants to get across. Thus, most quotes should be taken with a grain of salt, unless the original unabridged source is given.

Are "shippers" are relatively ENT only phenomenon? I can't seem to recall them in any other Trek series.

20. Miss Thang

Miss Thang Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm, I could live with this T/T thing. Yessss, I do think I could. Let's see. *imagines T'Pol kissing Trip really hard up against a window and him kissing back just right* Yes, I do think so. :eek: Crying Trip with Exploring Her Emotions T'Pol. Yes, I like this.

Just as long as it's not STUPID. I.e.:
    Trip: [finally coming to terms with Lizzie's death] I just can't believe she's gone. That I'll never go home to visit my family and hear her laughing and making her jokes about architects and engineers.
    T'Pol: Take off your pants.
    Trip: What?
    T'Pol: Take off your uniform. I want to explore my sexuality right now.
    Trip: But I was talking about my loss.
    T'Pol: I'm bored. And horny. Talk to Malcolm about it later.
    Trip: Man, which emotions are you trying to explore? Seems like all you ever wanna do is screw.
    T'Pol: What other emotions are there?
    Trip: Lots.
    T'Pol: I am a large-chested, emotionally frigid female. Logically the only emotions I need are the ones that make me meow. Take off your pants.