Russell T. Davies Returns to Doctor Who as New Showrunner

I don't know if this has been addressed, but NPH is only appearing in the third special correct?
Is he going to be a over arching behind the scenes manipulator of the other two specials - leading to a final confrontation with the Doctor in the third?

Is he going to be a over arching behind the scenes manipulator of the other two specials - leading to a final confrontation with the Doctor in the third?

Russell has said each one is a separate story but that doesn't preclude it being revealed the he crashed the Meep's ship in front of Donna or sends the pair wherever they end up in "Wild Blue Yonder".

And it hasn't escaped my notice that his waistcoat has the same pattern as the Doctor's new trousers, that appeared out of thin air with the rest of his clothes.

Nothing that I've said in this instance is wrong.

^ David Tennant is not starring in Series 14; Ncuti Gatwa is.

The broadcast schedule as confirmed by RTD is this (dates estimated):
November 26th, 2023 - 60th Special
December 3rd - Series 14 starring Ncuti Gatwa

This whole 'several Specials with David Tennant' thing is bullocks
because of what RTD already confirmed.

Bollocks you say?

spib0p0.jpg

0Qz90d4.jpg

NZvT6P8.jpg

Those posters are really cool. Actually, looking at the posters more, it looks like Tennant is staring into my soul and trying to grab me, which is a bit creepy :lol:

Honestly, as much as I'm glad they're making these specials, it will be hard for me to go from Tennant to a brand new Doctor, since his return is the first time I've been excited for Doctor Who since 2018. Ncuti might have been better served coming after (arguably, I guess) NuWho's biggest lull then coming right after the multi episode return of a fan favorite Doctor. Hopefully RTD starts his era off with a bang.

Uhhh Ncuti is starring in Series 1, according to some Youtube influencer from a quote somewhere somewhen.

Uhhh Ncuti is starring in Series 1, according to some Youtube influencer from a quote somewhere somewhen.

Yeah, we know that. Russel confirmed it's back to Series 1 again in DWM.

His quote was "we're calling it Season 1", which sounds (to me, anyway) like an internal production thing, not a literal re-numbering of everything.

People will believe what they choose to believe, though.

So looks like the Children In Need scene is picking up directly where the DWM comic "Liberation of the Daleks" ended. I thought the BBC weren't allowed to do things like that but maybe it doesn't count as it's not an full episode?

And I'm all for colour blind casting but surely if anybody should be just be played by white people it's the Kaleds.

79rdbzfL_o.jpg

kf86EZHA_o.jpg

Last edited:
Doctor Who has a canon. A loose one, but it does have one.

Kind of, but also not: https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Tardis:Canon_policy

So looks like the Children In Need scene is picking up directly where the DWM comic "Liberation of the Daleks" ended. I thought the BBC weren't allowed to do things like that but maybe it doesn't count as it's not an full episode?

I guess if it doesn't actually require the viewer to read the comic, it's okay.

Back