Russell T. Davies Returns to Doctor Who as New Showrunner

Don't know if someone else has put this forward but I think it would be a good idea to renumber everything now by Doctor.

So 10:1 10th Doctor season 1. At this point it would make things much easier to find. It's how I think of seasons when trying to figure out what I want to watch.

Kind of crazy that we're already getting any kind of casting for the season after the yet-to-be-aired season. Seems weird to be announcing that so soon.

Maybe, since they're already filming that season, they wanted to get ahead of any potential leaks.

If you think I'm wrong, prove it.
Do you really want one of us to start digging through all your posts to find proof of all the times you've been wrong?
So looks like the Children In Need scene is picking up directly where the DWM comic "Liberation of the Daleks" ended. I thought the BBC weren't allowed to do things like that but maybe it doesn't count as it's not an full episode?
Yeah, something like that. IIRC, that's how they got away with mentioning the Eighth Doctor's Big Finish companions in Night of the Doctor.

Do you really want one of us to start digging through all your posts to find proof of all the times you've been wrong?

Proving that I've been wrong in the past does not prove that anything I've said recently is wrong.

If you think my recent comments are wrong, disprove them.

They're back in Bristol again shooting with Millie at Ruby's house, so not a one series Companion by the looks of it. She's also had a makeover from the Series 14, sorry, Season 1 outfits we saw her in.
JCZY9vs.jpg

The scene itself is a bit weird.
She's confronted by protestors with alien-themed signs shouting, “What you gonna do now Ruby, she’s abandoned you again!” at her.
20231115-155130.jpg

Which seems to suggest that her real mother is an alien and the world is aware of it.

Last edited:
So looks like the Children In Need scene is picking up directly where the DWM comic "Liberation of the Daleks" ended. I thought the BBC weren't allowed to do things like that but maybe it doesn't count as it's not an full episode?

And I'm all for colour blind casting but surely if anybody should be just be played by white people it's the Kaleds.

79rdbzfL_o.jpg

kf86EZHA_o.jpg

I have the odd feeling that way back in Genesis, at least one of the background Kaleds was a black man. Besides which, the idea that only white people can be a bit Fash is fundamentally racist, and ahistorical.
The Movellans, later retconned into being creations of the Daleks, were also multi-ethnic.
And, until the Capaldi era, Davros had the most Olive Skin it’s possible to have really.

And there it is, on the official BBC websites, "Doctor Who (2023-)", solidifying the soft reset of the series

BBC One - Doctor Who (2023–)
Doesn't mean anything. All this stuff with the "this is season 1" is nothing new. They did the same thing with the Steven Moffat era by trying to make the first Matt Smith series season 11.1. The 11 coming from the incarnation of the doctor at that time.

Doesn't mean anything. All this stuff with the "this is season 1" is nothing new. They did the same thing with the Steven Moffat era by trying to make the first Matt Smith series season 11.1. The 11 coming from the incarnation of the doctor at that time.

QFT.

It's purely an internal production thing and also isn't likely to hold long-term, especially if Disney+ is able to swoop in and scoop up the license for the back catalog of Modern Who episodes that is currently held by Warner Bros. Discovery and available on MAX.

Well except that never actually ended up happening. This has happened now.

But you know what, no one's going to come to your house and force you to call it anything.

Resetting the numbers would be nice in that I've found a nice set of poster-art for Plex, and now I won't have to worry about keeping them up-to-date or switching to a different set if the artist stops updating them with new seasons, there'll be a clean break to justify using a different style.

Back