It's Offical: Doctor Who returns 25th November with "The Star Beast"

Rich Watson

Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
DW_Special_One_A3_Portrait_297x420mm_72dpi_RGB_AW-b2ad25f601.jpg

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/doctor-whos-60th-anniversary-dates-revealed

On the one hand, it’s a shame it’s not on the actual anniversary but it would feel a bit wasted on a Thursday. I guess the timing of the 50th just fell a bit better for audiences and schedulers.

Of course, The Three Doctors aired from December 1972 until January 1973, so this clearly a lot closer to the time than that was.

Not sure is this was accidental but the poster for "Wild Blue Yonder" is up as well. Still keeping the plot a big secret.

F9Tnw8aXMAEVm4o

Last edited:
No one's going to be watching on a week night. Moffat just got lucky for the 50th. 25th is when "The Five Doctors" aired as well.
Weirdly enough, on checking, it appears that TFD aired two days earlier in the USA than in the U.K. Good job there was no internet at the time!

Weirdly enough, on checking, it appears that TFD aired two days earlier in the USA than in the U.K. Good job there was no internet at the time!
I do remember that very clearly. I watched it on the actual anniversary date here in the States. I was all set to travel somewhere on the 23rd for Thanksgiving but that was delayed due to a snowstorm. Thanks to the delay, I was able watch The Five Doctors live.

And there was a bit of an uproar about the UK needing to wait two more days. Well, probably a muted uproar because there was no Internet!

Fantastic news! I'm glad we have advance notice of when it'll be premiering, a little sooner than usual.

Also let's me know when to get the review threads up, instead of guessing too early. :D

The link also now has the poster for "The Giggle" up:

The Giggle.jpg

View attachment 37002 Fantastic news! I'm glad we have advance notice of when it'll be premiering, a little sooner than usual.

Also let's me know when to get the review threads up, instead of guessing too early. :D

The link also now has the poster for "The Giggle" up:
I agree with you. I haven't seen Doctor Who since Capaldi, I didn't bother seeing "Twice upon a Time", and judging from the series of trailers I'd seen so far; this is a welcome return to the franchise. Tennant and Catherine Tate are bringing back that magic which feels very much true to the franchise. I can hardly wait.

I'm sure we'll get more information on this as the Appointed Day arrives, but is Disney+ going to be putting the episodes up at the same time as they air on BBC1 in Britain? I'm assuming so, as that's the only way it can have the same premiere date in other countries on Disney+ as it has in Britain.

Fantastic news, if true.

But is this website legitimate in any manner (i.e. official fan club) or is it just cashing in on his name and copying already released news with made-up shit?

I want it to be true. I've been wanting Susan to return since the original Tennant run. But there have been soooo many missed opportunities (likewise Ian) that I'm skeptical until I actually see her on screen with my own two eyes.

I'm sure we'll get more information on this as the Appointed Day arrives, but is Disney+ going to be putting the episodes up at the same time as they air on BBC1 in Britain? I'm assuming so, as that's the only way it can have the same premiere date in other countries on Disney+ as it has in Britain.
I sure hope that's the case. In this day and age, there's zero reason for something like this not to be coordinated worldwide.

But I'm also the same person who never understood the stupidity of region coding of physical media. Fucking nonsense.

Last edited:
Fantastic news, if true.

But is this website legitimate in any manner (i.e. official fan club) or is it just cashing in on his name and copying already released news with made-up shit?

I want it to be true. I've been wanting Susan to return since the original Tennant run. But there have been soooo many missed opportunities (likewise Ian) that I'm skeptical until I actually see her on screen with my own two eyes.

I sure hope that's the case. In this day and age, there's zero reason for something like this not to be coordinated worldwide.

But I'm also the same person who never understood the stupidity of region coding of physical media. Fucking nonsense.

I could see the logic back in the day when stuff came out in the US way before it did in the UK. To this day I have to constantly remind myself that Die Hard is a film that came out in summer 1988 because it didn't hit UK cinemas until February 1989!

Once release dates became more aligned any logic went out the window.

Once release dates became more aligned any logic went out the window.

It's all about the money. In the years before they started being strict about Customs charges it was a lot cheaper for me to buy DVDs (and later Blu-Rays) from America than to get them over here. But I had to buy a modded player to watch them first.

Last edited:
Well this is bullshit.

The Specials will be released to buy on the 11th of December, on Blu-Ray and bloody DVD but no 4K. Despite the fact that they're running an ad campaign with Toshiba about the fact that 4K with Dolby Vision is the way it's meant to be seen.

So we have the ridiculous situation where a pirated copy will be better quality than the one they expect you to buy.

Well this is bullshit.

The Specials will be released to buy on the 11th of December, on Blu-Ray and bloody DVD but no 4K. Despite the fact that they're running an ad campaign with Toshiba about the fact that 4K with Dolby Vision is the way it's meant to be seen.

So we have the ridiculous situation where a pirated copy will be better quality than the one they expect you to buy.

This probably boils down to "Streaming quality VS DVD quality" but really how big of a difference will a Disney Plus streaming version of the episodes compare to a physical disc of the specials?

Unless people nitpick about all the specs a stream lacks compared to a 100GB dvd I don't understand the frustration.

Also. New Fourteenth doctor Ident. Not sure I can warm up to this new guy. He hasn't been in anything relevant since 2005 ;)

Well this is bullshit.

That seems like a touch nitpicky? I'm 4K will be inbound in due time.

It's all about the money. In the years before they started being strict about Customs charges it was a lot cheaper for me to buy DVDs (and later Blu-Rays) from America than to get them over here. But I had to buy a modded player to watch them first.
It was the reverse for me when I got into Merlin last year. The difference between the DVD set was in the hundreds. It was far cheaper to buy an all-regions DVD player and get the set from the UK than it was to get the North American DVD set.

Bonus is that if I ever find an affordable set for Tenko and Bangkok Hilton, I'll have something to play them on.

Back