RIZZOLI & ISLES tv series and book series disscusions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I was right about the Afterellen crowd grasping that Parisian bone. :techman:

http://www.afterellen.com/tv/510801-rizzoli-isles-subtext-recap-7-13-well-always-paris

These reviews always make me laugh, especially this line.

"Maura squeals some more and then crawls in bed with Jane. Again, verbatim that is what just happened. People sometimes ask how I got into writing about the subtext of this show and I say, look, I didn’t invent this subtext – the show literally put them in bed together and dared us not to notice."

:rommie:

I will say one thing about this finale. The PTB's at Rizzoli and Isles learned one thing from the experience of TPTB's at Xena:Warrior Princess. Try not to totally piss off a huge part (AE crowd) of your fan base during the finale. Don't get me wrong, I loved XWP's "A Friend in Need", but I can see where people so invested in their relationship would have felt like their hearts were cut out as the credits rolled. With this trip to Paris, and the fact that the only decapitation that occurred in the ep was the dead guy they were investigating, Jan Nash was able to "end" the show without most of the turmoil that Rob Tapert endured at Xena's end.

Looking over the last few seasons, I found some fun montages / interviews, but I really like this one because the actresses answered the questions seriously re: their "chemistry". :bolian:

Apologies to the AE crowd, the line I loved from the above interview was when Angie recalled their audition together.

"I think that one of the beautiful things that happened, when we read together, was you could tell that Sasha had girlfriends in her real life. [Sasha laughs] You know... I mean... because.... some of them (the other actresses auditioning) I don't think did. But you could tell that Sasha had good friends, she knew what it was like to be a girlfriend, she knew what it was like to support her friends and that is an intricate part to both of these characters."

Of course... it isn't just the friendship we like watching, its the humor. :lol:

Here's a nice interview with Idara Victor aka Nina Holiday. :hugegrin:

http://ausxip.com/rizzoliandisles/ri_interviews/Idara_VictorFeb2016.html

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  2. JanewayRulz!

Here's a compilation of all the goodbye videos the characters made, including Angela's and Frankie's during the finale. :weep:

The Fan Goodbye vids are ramping up. (I like this one's music)

This one was released a month before the series ended, so don't expect finale clips.

The ratings for the penultimate episode were great (6.98 million).

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/11/cable-live-3-ratings-aug-29-sept-4-2016/

The finale numbers were slightly lower (5.26 million) , but still respectable among cable shows.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/13/cable-weekly-top-25-sept-5-11-2016/

1 day old and already 1005 views. Its an excellent blend of clips from multiple seasons, with a wonderful song. :wah:

This is next one is great... but I have one complaint. They did NOT include the one where Frankie was the "Rizzoli" to Maura's "Isles" and Jane complained "that" just seemed wrong. :nyah:

Of course, they DID often include the comments before / after the salutation like Jane's question, "Is it true about French women?" and Maura response, "I don't know. I've never been with one." :alienblush:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  3. Gingerbread Demon

Gingerbread Demon I love Star Trek Discovery Premium Member

OK my season 6 set arrived a day or two ago and I've started binging .....

Hey did they film more episodes this season ? I thought it was only 13 per season like in the previous seasons.

So far my favourite episodes are "The imitation game" and "misconduct." I can't explain why I like both of those but I just do.

I am loving the ongoing story arc of Jane's hacker.

I am calling it now the mad doctor was working for the
    prison warden
    but if I'm wrong I can live with that till the end of season 6 at least.

4. JanewayRulz!

season 1 10 eps...
    season 2 & 3 15 eps each
    season 4 16 eps
    season 5 & 6 18 eps each
    season 7 13 eps

In season 5&6 we had the summer and winter seasons, usually 1/3 in winter, 2/3 in summer/early fall.

I don't remember if they did that in earlier seasons (2-4).

Imitation game is great... did we warn you heartbreak occurred in Misconduct?

Enjoy the stalker arc... it does last for a while.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  5. Gingerbread Demon

No you didn't but it was so sad to see that character die because I really liked them.

6. Gingerbread Demon

OK I just finished the last 3 episodes of the series and it 2nd to last episode it started to feel emotional and I was very sad by the end of the final episode. Loved how they wrapped the show up.

Probably in a few months I'm going to start a rewatch right from the beginning. Season 1 though is funny. Some episodes didn't feel as strong as the later seasons. But yay it was a fun ride.

7. JanewayRulz!

I've recently done a season 2thru 5 season rewatch (not sure why I skipped 1). Eventually I'll pick up 6 & 7 but I just can't relive those yet.

I wish the PTBS would consider giving us a couple R&I television movies a year to catch us up with our ladies and their unfailing ability to find crime whether they are searching for it or not. (A baseball game and a mud bath come quickly to mind.)

Am I the only one getting really weird and unsolicted words autofilling my replies on this website?

Ex... unfailing came out as unfailingredients???

8. Gingerbread Demon

That is most bizarre, maybe the board software is emerging.

9. JanewayRulz!

Good grief, I hope not. Can you imaginexplain a sentient board?

(It did it again, "imagine" just autofilled itself to read imaginexplain!) :cardie:

Gingerbread Demon likes this.
  10. Gingerbread Demon

See told you beware everyone. Beware the board is emergent.