Pilot Episode Cameo

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Shane Cathcart, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

In a Mirror Darkly had Archer attend the launch of the 1701 in 2245 and die that evening, not canon but I'd like them to stick to that, he's not someone I'd want to see in the new series.

T'pol though, sure, she'd be about 170 by then.

I can't remember how long Denobulans live, but a senile Phlox could be interesting. :lol:

2. m.lp.ql.m

m.lp.ql.m Commander Red Shirt

"Future Guy"

3. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

The inclusion of Sarek makes me feel they wouldn't be above a Dax appearance. I wouldn't be for it though really, small universe syndrome.

CRM-114 likes this.
  4. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Perhaps.

IIRC, Audrid is the current Dax host as of 2254. But we know almost nothing about her, so if Audrid does turn up on DSC, they can do pretty much anything they want with the character. Although if Quark's "impersonation" of Audrid is any indication (in that one DS9 episode), it doesn't look like Audrid would be a very exciting character to see.

That said, I agree that it's small-universe syndrome and thus unlikely. The only cameo I'd actually expect would be somebody from ENT, and only because that's the pattern that all post-TOS shows have followed (i.e. somebody from the immediately preceding show will appear in the pilot episode).

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

ENT was barely on the radar of casual viewers. I would think that from a marketing standpoint, it would make more sense to have somebody from the NuTrek movies appear, as that is the version of Star Trek that has been most in public view in recent years.

Kor

6. Mr. Laser Beam

The divergence was 20 years before DSC takes place, so I'm not sure how a Kelvinverse character could possibly appear. Although if it's Balthazar Edison, I suppose it could work (since we don't know what happened to him in the prime timeline).

Or maybe The Robau himself could turn up...

7. Kor

I still say Greenwood as Pike would be a good option. It's a character that exists in both universes.

Kor

8. Mr. Laser Beam

Isn't Pike already supposed to be on Talos IV? IIRC, that happened a year before DSC.

9. Kor

He didn't end up living on Talos IV until the events of The Menagerie, thirteen years after The Cage.

Kor

10. Kevin Wolff

Kevin Wolff Captain Captain

I've always liked Greenwood and he'd have made a great Pike 20 years ago, but he's too long in the tooth now. He's too old for TOS era much less Cage era. However, I believe we'll be seeing Captain Pike at some point, and not just a cameo.

11. Lior .B.

Lior .B. Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is there any indication that the writers are considering having ENT Cameo at all? In Twitter or such?

12. Kevin Wolff

I really want to see a Pike arc ending with an updated version of his tragedy. Only after his tragedy, he's still active in starfleet, and still behaves heroically. Ends up an Admiral in Starfleet Command or something notable like that.

13. Kevin Wolff

Nope. Just raw spec here. :bolian:

14. Kor

Perhaps he could be de-aged like Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan in X-Men: The Last Stand or Michael Douglas in Ant-Man or Robert Downey, Jr. in Captain America: Civil War.

Kor

15. Kevin Wolff

They could have an ensign or Lt interacting with the command staff prior to launch, and at the end of the teaser, we find the ensign isn't anyone we know. He's just a plain old ensign waiting for his shuttle to his new posting...a ship named Enterprise.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  16. Kevin Wolff

That's expensive but possible. Only issue is most people know his Pike as the father figure admiral now.

17. Blooded

Blooded Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given CBS are using the old shows as a way to get people subscribing to All Access, as well as Netflix parting with enough money to pay for this shows production budget just to get exclusive international distribution rights and all the other shows, don't be too surprised if they do put some appearances and Easter eggs in to try and direct viewers to use the older material.

I'm a huge supporter of this show already, and agree with everything it appears to be doing as far as changing the look of Trek etc, but let's kill off this talk that this show is aimed at casuals, because it's not.

CBS put a Star Trek show behind a pay wall to get Star Trek fans to pay money to watch the latest show, not casual. Netflix paid what they did because they know that Trek performs well for them and likely secures subscriptions or longer subscription use. If casuals find it, superb, but it will be through international countries where it's shown on Netflix, not America where it's shown on CBS. And given it's an American show, and that CBS are targeting Trekkies, you can be damn sure this is aimed at the fans more than anyone else. Hell, it might be the first ever Trek show designed as such.

18. Philip Guyott

Philip Guyott Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Commander Riker and Counselor Troi.

The whole first episode, no wait, the whole series, should be them on a Holodeck onboard the USS Titan watching the story with us.

[​IMG]
    ^ Is this the USS Titan? :biggrin:

I would also like to see Stan Lee from Starship Farragut. I hear that he occasionally does cameos.

Actually that would be a good idea. They could make some passing reference to it on 'The Big Bang Theory'. Perhaps Wheaton gets Sheldon a job as an extra on set, he takes a photo of some Klingon's and then gets fired!
    Perhaps Q is responsible for how the Klingon's now look! It's the kind of thing he would do for a laugh. :klingon:
    That is precisely why they should have Soval :lol:

Alec Peters has recently said that the Axanar "script may not call for Soval", which most likely means that Gary Graham has chosen to pull out of the production. Perhaps CBS will use him after all. It would be great to see Soval and Sarak together.
    Um, so you want more of the temporal cold war? ;)
    [​IMG]
    It would be an interesting way to bring Archer into the show.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  19. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^^
    Agreed. I personally got tired of seeing day one (or close to it as they effectively did that even for TNG with "All Good Things")of every 24th century ship/Sisko arriving at DS9. I liked the way TOS did it - "Hey we're out in space; have been for some time...we'll give you enough to clue you is as we go along..."

20. a thousand-yard stare

a thousand-yard stare Lieutenant Red Shirt

Small variation.
    Damaged ship comes in (a la "The Search for Spock"). Many casualties. First officer is KIA (courtesy of Star Trek Exploding Console (pat pend) ) and the show lead is parachuted in as replacement.
    That way we get to learn about the ship and crew and captain through her eyes as the responsibilities of Executive Officer are dropped onto her shoulders while the ship is hurriedly repaired ready to face the developing crisis...
    Not a cold start but not a jump start either

Kevin Wolff likes this.