Petition to Put a very short Star Trek: The Next Generation clip in Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by TXguy1994, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Well, character flashbacks in the show are ok. But for the Short Treks, I would prefer all new material even if it has legacy characters.

2. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

Yeah, no.
    We have more than a handful of characters in PIC from the Berman era. Data, Troi, Riker, Hugh, Seven, Maddox, JL himself... we will even get Guinan in S2.
    Tell you what, that is more than enough, there's absolutely no need to make Short Treks just for the few who can't understand that Berman Trek is over for almost 20 years now.

3. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

I wouldnt be in favor of having characters in just for the sake of a cameo. But when you set a show in the afteryears of 3 different shows, there is at least potential there. Three difference casts of already est characters. I think of Berman Trek as an era, an aesthetic, of certain types of characterization, directorial style, etc. I think the characters themselves can live under a different production regime.

4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It did in the 80s. And it also aired in the 2000s with TOS Remastered

Lord Garth and urbandk like this.
  5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Special occasions. It didn't air as a separate episode in original broadcast, and to this day it's not part of the syndication package.

6. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weren't most of the Cage scenes they showed in the preview also part of the "13 years ago" from the Menagerie? In that sense, it did air with TOS.

Arpy and XCV330 like this.
  7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Absolutely. That's why I never thought it made sense to open a series watch of TOS with "The Cage". "The Menagerie" was the official broadcast version of "The Cage," and comes along soon enough in either production or broadcast order. "The Cage" as a standalone episode is a home video extra.

fireproof78 likes this.
  8. XCV330

XCV330 Premium Member

Its on CBS All Access. ;)

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

From a strictly canonical perspective it is. Yep, I just destroyed a double entendre with canon.

10. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

Actually, when I watched TOS in the '90s, my channel WLVI-TV 56 aired the episodes in production order and after "Turnabout Intruder", they went to "The Cage" before going into "Where No Man Has Gone Before" again.

I programmed the VCR to record episodes overnight, so I could watch them the next day. So I know this for a fact.

11. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    That may be because when They first released TOS on DVD (Two Episodes per Disc),

"The Cage" wasn't released until the last disc as EPISODE's 79 (Turnabout) and 80 (Cage).

12. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Admiral Admiral

No. I'm taking about in 1993-1994. But it was the same idea.

I think they added "The Cage" to the syndication package after 1988. At least in the Boston area

BillJ likes this.
  13. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Which is why canon should be DESTROYED! :rofl:

Hythlodeus and The Wormhole like this.