Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a bit "meh" about Community at the moment. Wasn't really feeling the last couple of episodes and thought the two part finale was underwhelming. I'll still be back for season 3, but with no where near the excitement I had for the start of season 2.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I agree that Season 2 was a bit of a letdown after Season 1, though it still had a few gems. Hopefully they bounce back with Season 3.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm probably the minority but thought there were more decent to great episodes this season than some of of you do. While my excitement level isn't as great as it was after the season one finale I'm still really interested in how they deal with Pierce's announcement and the romance stuff (damn it, maybe I am a closet shipper?).

4. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Personally, I think the show gets constantly better. Early Season 1 didn't really do it for me (that changed with the Halloween-episode, that's where I fell in love with the show) and now I thinks it is one of my favourite sitcoms ever.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

6. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I thought the season 2 finale was a bit of a letdown, but more so in the fact that part 2 didn't really live up to part 1 imo. I still think the Star Wars theme should have been saved for an entire episode unto itself, not sprung at the last minute for a series of veeerry loose references (with the exception of Abed Solo).

Overall though? This season had some really great gems. Off the top of my head, the lawyer one with Rob Cordry, The Documentary one with LeVar Burton, The Apollo 13 one, The Dungeons and Dragon's ep, The Conspiracy theories one, The zombie one, The clip show and of course Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas.

But still, every single ep this season has made me laugh out loud and deliver the goods. I'm very much looking forward too season 3.

7. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Add in Troy's birthhday and I agree 100%. That's 9 great episodes in a season, I'm pretty happy with that. :techman:

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh I loved that ep too, but I thought it was kinda subdued compared with the rest. I'd personally add in the Pulp Fiction/My Dinner with Andre ep as well, if only because the whole episode itself was kind of a gag.

9. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

My only problem with Season 2 (and it's a big one, unfortunately) was the development of Pierce's character from being a clueless fool, into some sort of manical ass, bent on destroying everyone in the group.. The arc grew VERY tiresome for me, to the point that even the best episodes lacked. It would have been fine had it lasted only a couple of episodes before resolution, but I think they overplayed it..

10. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

Oh, that's great.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I was in the same boat as you, however, Pierce's monologue about pushing people away, testing them, made his ass behavior understandable, and actually makes him a whole character, someone a little more complex, which interests me.

Now, if they don't redeem him, then I'm gonna be annoyed.

12. Admiral_Young

^ Except that Pierce's behavior this season was very clearly stated it was partially induced by the pain killers he was dealing with and his issues with his family. After thinking about his little speech at the end of the finale, he probably did need the study group for self-counseling. Now that he has basically admitted that to himself it will be interesting to see how season three deals with this, and how the group feels about what he said. I'm sure they will blame themselves for what he said. I like how Pierce's arc was paid off.

I think my favorite episode of this season was "Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas". It pretty much had everything in the episode. Plus I think the episode is an example of John Oliver's finest work on the series. He was brilliant in that episode. No, I think overall season two was as strong as season one was with one or two duds.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I don't see how the two can't exist together. He needed friends to deal with his issues, and like all of his friendships, he began to push and test them to see if they were "real" friends. The death of his mother and the painkillers was the start of it.

14. Admiral_Young

Nevertheless it will still be interesting to see how this affects the group. I can see the first few episodes dealing with Pierce on his own. It's not as if the group and Pierce were particularly endearing with each other. Plus how does this effect Troy now? I believe we established earlier in the thread that he was still living with Pierce. Now that Pierce has taken himself out of the group...does this mean he would kick Troy out? I don't think he would be that heartless.

15. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He can bunk with Chang at Jeffs.

16. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Moving into the real world, I think Chevy Chase has said numerous times in interviews he doesn't know how long he'll last. I think originally he wanted to go in the pilot but hung around instead. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Chevy goes just because he wants too, leaving Chang to be the new antagonistic member of the group.

17. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't be surprised if Chevy asked Dan to write him out of the series. Maybe this will happen next season.

18. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this seasons finale was him being written out.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

To be honest, I wouldn't be terribly upset if Pierce was gone. He was my least favorite character anyway.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

To an extent I agree. The character came out with some amazingly funny one liners - but that's all really. It would be a shame to see him go, but I don't think the tone of the show would be changed that drastically if he did leave.