Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I absoluted loved that. Best epsiode of the season...and the ending was poignant! Annie and Abed!! Wow. It's was rumored that Danny Pudi and Alison Brie are dating in real life so a relationship between them is possible. Loved the end of the paintball game. Go Greendale!!! Now the long wait until Sep begins :(

2. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, that was epic. I can't believe how much action they crammed into half an hour - not just for main characters, but for the bit players too (Magnitude, Leonard, Quendra, etc). A nicely reflective final scene, too, plus I loved the random Cougar Town cameos.

Great finish to a great season. The show's not always hilariously funny, and there have been a few dud episodes, but I have to respect this series more than just about any other comedy in the last twenty years. Hopefully season 3 will be just as strong or even better. :techman:

3. Admiral_Young

I like the fact that Greendale actually feels and seems like an actual school, and we occasionally see other students.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

"Pop... Pop..."
    "I don't know what you're trying to say, Magnitude! 'Pop' what?!"

5. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Am I going blind? I'didnt notice any, what did I miss?

BTW, brilliant, absolutely awesome episode, Community never disappoints.

6. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

Apparently the son from "Cougar Town" was in a scene at the end of the paintball fight

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Abed/Annie was a fun paring, but, that ending...
    ...is Pierce leaving?! God I hope not, sure, he's been more of a foil this season, but he still comes out with plenty of fast jokes which just add to every episode he's in. It'll be a damned shame if he does leave the group.

As for the Star Wars motif....personally I'd have liked them to carry on the western a bit more, and maybe do more of a Star Wars ep in season 3, but it was good enough I guess.

8. Admiral_Young

The crawl was awesome and everyone's expression when the motif change was announced was funny. I'm sure the Pierce thing is not going to be temporary. I've not read anything about Chevy leaving the show. I could see an arc with him being a reoccuring character for a while. The group does tend to be pretty dysfunctional and self-absorbed with each other, but that's why we love them right? :)

9. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

As for the Cougar Town! Cameos I only noticed Laurie and Travis from Cougar Town! In the last paintball scene when everyone cheers. I first noticed Laurie and Trav in the big wide shot behind Troy and Abed:

[​IMG]

And then they'res a full screen shot of em for a second or so celebrating when Pierce wins the game.

[​IMG]

So we've had some folks from Cougar Town! In Community, but the more important question is are we gonna see Abed in Cougar Town!? I watched Cougar Town! today but I couldnt see him anywhere. I just hope Abed is in Cougar Town! at some point.

Cougar Town! Jeff....Cougar Town.

10. Admiral_Young

Would have been even more epic if Pistol Patty had turned out to be Courtney Cox!

11. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Haha, that's awesome, totally missed Laurie and Travis. Thanks! :)

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

awesome pics totally missed that thanks.

13. Admiral_Young

Not really news, but Dan Harmon did comment about the kiss between Annie and Abed in the finale.

Speaking of stolen kisses, fans of this acclaimed NBC comedy are curious as to what will come of the season finale clinch shared by Annie and — of all people — Abed. Noting that “nothing happens on this show that doesn’t have weight to it,” series boss Dan Harmon previews, “It’s more about how Annie was affected by that kiss,” seeing as Abed was technically channeling Han Solo at the time. “We know that Annie has a [bad boy] ‘type,’ and Abed accidentally stumbled into it,” says Harmon. “But it remains to be seen whether Abed was ‘there’ for it.”

14. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

Booyah!

15. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

what city is this college in and city is cougar town set in?

16. Geck

Geck Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Opposite ends of the country. Community is set in Colorado, Cougar Town is in Florida.

I howled when I saw Abed there - well played by everyone involved. The CT finale also had an hilarious appearance by Ted Buckland from Scrubs.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't watch Cougar Town, but that's frakking epic. :lol: Thank goodness some brainless network execs didn't get in the way of these little "crossovers."

18. Admiral_Young

That is pretty awesome they allowed the shows to do little crossovers with each other. Good inter-promotion among the hardcore fans of the two series.

19. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cougar Town is one of the shows not on Netflix streaming, but if it was, I would give it a shot. To be honest, the name turned me off, though I should have given it a shot given that I loved Scrubs. Is it hard to get into?

And as far as Ted's guest-starring role, his band's website, said that he is no longer married to The Gooch? I hope that isn't true, it gave Ted a happy ending.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to watch it on Hulu.

20. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

It's easy to get into. The first half of the first series may seem a little flat, but overall is harmless fun.

As for Ted, well....

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VCf7a823lI[/yt]